Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

There is still Tartarus which was only mentioned once.

Singe

Yeah, this bugs the living daylights out of me! We have Tartarus in the world of MLP, which like in greco-roman myth must be guarded by Cerberus to stop some major baddies from escaping! Why has an ancient evil escaping from Tartarus not been used as a plot. Heck, that would make an awesome MLP movie. Plus, no one could ever make fun of a brony again without having to face this inevitable response, "You mean the show that has an Ancient Evil escape from the greco-roman equivalent of Hell, and threaten an entire world is girly and stupid? I'm sorry what great evil has the protagonist of your favorite show had to face recently?" :derp: I really hope this is used in a later season like for the last season or something. 

• Brohoof 1

What if ponies representing the seven deadly sins arose from Tartarus? Would the mane six be able to win such a battle? Aside from that. Should Twilight really keep trying to find a way to open Pandora's box?

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

What if ponies representing the seven deadly sins arose from Tartarus? Would the mane six be able to win such a battle? Aside from that. Should Twilight really keep trying to find a way to open Pandora's box?

I would be stoked if that happened, but I think it would require some TV execs to be on vacation or something. But then again, the writers of the Disney movie "The Princess and the Frog", were able to get away with Dr. Facilier; so who knows? :muffins:  We may luck out one for one season or movie. :)

• Brohoof 1

It's also not very far away if Twilight was able to gallop all the way there and back again in less than a day. And this is pre-flight-capable Twilight - the best she could have done to speed up the trip would be to teleport, but she had to levitate Pinkie's ball the whole way there so probably not. :lol:

With the Season Finale coming up, this new villain may free those ancient evils trapped in Tartarus which can set up some future battles with new evils.

I would be stoked if that happened, but I think it would require some TV execs to be on vacation or something. But then again, the writers of the Disney movie "The Princess and the Frog", were able to get away with Dr. Facilier; so who knows? :muffins:  We may luck out one for one season or movie. :)

Disney can get away with a lot of things, Hasbro gets backlash from parents over a certain cross-eyed mailmare. That's really disheartening in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

Disney can get away with a lot of things, Hasbro gets backlash from parents over a certain cross-eyed mailmare. That's really disheartening in my opinion.
I don't know if Disney really get's away with that much more than Hasbro. Like in the case of "The Princess and the Frog", it just seems that a fuss wasn't raised due to the films lack of popularity (which is a cryin' shame since it's one of the best films I have seen in quite some time). And by the way speaking of that beloved mailmare, I keep hearing different things: from "a big fuss was raised by certain groups" , to simply "iTunes thought some people might complain"; I don't want to deviate from the topic at hoof anymore, so if some one might send me a quick PM with a quick explanation or a link to one I'd appreciate it. :)

But er... :blink: back to the topic on hoof: I do think DHX probably could get away with a Tartarus angle, whether Hasbro would feel like it would be worth it to risk a couple angry letters is another matter. Quick someone send Hasbro a proposed design for an MLP Tartarus play set :muffins:!  But this is also the same show that did have a certain shadowy unicorn literally enslave an entire race of cute ponies. So anythings possible, especially if Hasbro thinks they can get a new toy to market out of the deal :lol: . So yeah,.. Tartarus... play set design people, on my metaphorical desk by Monday :P  .

• Brohoof 1

HELL IS A REAL, PHYSICAL PLACE YOU CAN VISIT IN EQUESTRIA.

Think about that, next time you think the show is for children.

Oh please. Courage the cowardly dog had FAR more nightmare fuel moments and yets its for kids. MLP aont got nothing on "RETURN THE SLAP. OO SUFFEE MY CUUURSE"

I doubt it'll be seen or even mentioned again. Not as the Tartarus we know, at least. Given that Cerberus was turned into a cuddly, playful puppy by a toy ball, I can't see Tartarus having much there for Equestria to worry about.

Questions will probably be raised by parents as to why such a hellish place exists and they'll need to contrive some story for its origin and purpose. Could be more effort than it's worth, as I doubt the profitability of Tartarus-themed MLP toys, which are the real reason we have the show.

Can you imagine trying to explain that episode to non-bronies, though?

"This is a great episode, dude. All the little ponies end up in hell..."

From the way Twilight explained it, it's just a place guarded by Cerberus to keep ancient evils locked away. Just a special prison for the oldest evils.

Thank you, M.A. Larson, for revealing that Ponyville is a day or so's journey from the gates of Hell! :lol:

There a cool story potential there. Celestia knows it would be a great way to bring back the likes of Tirek or Grogar...

HELL IS A REAL, PHYSICAL PLACE YOU CAN VISIT IN EQUESTRIA.

Think about that, next time you think the show is for children.

*points up*  Exactly what he said.  Tartarus is Hell. 

A lot of people sorta shrugged it off, but the reference to an actual, physical manifestation of Tartarus is something that really stuck with me for some reason.

... I really don't get it. I mean, I HATE Greek Mythology.

Anyway, while it is a bit of a shame that they've done nothing with that little bit of dialogue, I do understand. It doesn't sound like something that would be treated with the moderate lightheartedness My Little Pony is known for.