Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Against the Crown OOC [Closed]

Torrent505

(edited)

In case anyone hasn't seen it here is the RP thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/95229-against-the-crown-rp-darkbetrayal/

I'll also go put it in the first introduction post in this thread incase anyone ever somehow manages to get lost or something...

@Demirari

You can always choose to edit it if you want, it's early enough in the RP I don't think anyone will be confused by the change :P

Edited by Torrent505

(edited)

@EquestrianScholar

And I am disappointed that you view it that way, but thank goodness we are on a site which allows us to choose which RPs we take part in and which we ignore.

As for why Celestia is vilified: for the story the reason would be public ignorance and rumor, the princesses previously ruled from a castle inside a forest which a thousand years later is still recognized as being one of the most dangerous places in the kingdom so they were isolated from the public at large, it doesn't help that after Luna's banishment Celestia moved to new castle for her to solely rule from, also we saw in the flashback that there were no witnesses to their fight; for the plot she is vilified for the players to exploit for power and to test the limits of their characters morals, any time spent examining her should make it clear she is no tyrant but rather a tragic hero, how their OC's respond and if they choose to see her as she really is or to force themselves to continue to see her as evil leaves room of character development and hard choices the player must make; for the RP she is vilified because the genre I chose is dark and betrayal, this RP is not supposed to be sunshine and gumdrops but at the sametime I wanted to choose a story that was plausible and left a lot of grey areas in terms of who is good and who is evil, look back to why she is vilified for the story for it to be a clear and sensible choice.

I hope that clears things up for you and anyone else that feels bad for this RP skewing the perception of Celestia. I'm very glad to see that there are so many fans that want to defend her, especially since I too believe she does everything for the good of Equestria, even if some of her actions I still view as questionable.

Now excuse me I have an RP to GM and replies to players who are waiting.

Edited by Torrent505
  • Brohoof 3

I'll have my OC ready in a bit. He is a greedy rich bastard so he'll be perfect for the RP!

... This is going to be fun!  :lol:

Indeed it is... Tricksnerk. XD

• Brohoof 2

Here he is! EL DORADO!!

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/dorado-r4584

You can ignore the bottom half of the wall of text that I have labeled as for a separate RP. He had a much darker depressing backstory is that RP where he lost all his money and became an assassin. Don't worry In this he is just an adventurer apart of a very rich and powerful family. 

(edited)

@Scribblegroove

Actually we're doing quite well, we have five players in the room, @Lady just needs to post walking in and she can join the conversation and is just outside the being cautious like everyone should be. Also I'm talking with @Tricksters Pride and he's about to post, then we only need to have the whole group of nine players posted.

Edited by Torrent505

@AnonBrony

I like El Dorado but one thing will need to change, with the royal guard divided and at war with itself he can no longer be a guard. This is because of the fact guards have orders that they have to follow, duties that they must tend to and patrols that consume most of their days, especially in war time. That's why I'm making anypony that was a guard have resigned from their position. So you'll have to come up for a reason he left.

@AnonBrony

I like El Dorado but one thing will need to change, with the royal guard divided and at war with itself he can no longer be a guard. This is because of the fact guards have orders that they have to follow, duties that they must tend to and patrols that consume most of their days, especially in war time. That's why I'm making anypony that was a guard have resigned from their position. So you'll have to come up for a reason he left.

Oh That's easy I can just say he left to be an adventurer. Aaaaaand Done! :D I just changed one senetnce to say he left the Guard so he could go on his adventures you don't need t check it really.

Oh and its just Dorado. The only pony who will call him 'El Dorado' is himself in an arrogant way, much how Trixie calls herself "The Great and Powerful" Trixie. Unless you want to get on his good side!  :lol:

I know the RP has already started so have I missed anything important? 

Edited by AnonBrony

(@ Torrent505: It would make sense for Tempest to know the mayor of Canterlot, but I'll take it out if you want.)

It would make sense for everyone in the room to recognize the Mayor of Canterlot at least by sight, sorry I don't have a database entry for him yet but he's been the mayor 45 years and campaigns constantly and heavily. The former guard pony with your "aura" ability would probably be able to sense it as well.

@AnonBrony

Dorado is approved, I'll send you a letter in a bit, feel free to make your first post if you want though, I'm guessing you can figure out what you need to say haha

Heh I have realized something. My characters are always that one douche that refuses to do what everyone else is doing. I do not know why that is lol.

They are independent folks that won't do anything that someone orders them to do. And their heads are usually in the clouds. ^^