Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Against the Crown OOC [Closed]

Torrent505

@@Torrent505

It would seem I misunderstood the roleplay. Because of your explanation I now see I was too quick judging your roleplay and came to conclusions that were no fully true. I would even say you have a pretty interesting setup and after learning that you weren't actually intending her to be a tyrant my worries it would seem are unfounded.

Actually, after your explanation of the roleplay in more detail I would even say if it wasn't for the fact that you are full I would offer my character Mythos Gray to join the roleplay. He is a stallion of morally grey and uncertain thinking. He could find interest in ponies seeking to dethrone Princess Celestia, perhaps even join them for a time so as to better learn what they have planned. Now on whether or not he can be trusted or would be loyal to their cause could be questioned but he would still be willing to play along.

Of any case, I again apologize and I hope your roleplay goes well. I will be more careful in judging a roleplay too quickly and if I am uncertain I will contact the one who starts a roleplay for questions.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

@EquestrianScholar

No problem and sorry if I sounded a bit harsh in my response, I just really wanted to get across what I want this RP to be and what Celestia is in it, she is really important to it of course. So I wanted to make a post so that if anyone else asked or commented something similar I could just point out that post haha

I'm glad after hearing more about it that you find the concept interesting :) if a spot opens up I'll let you know... Though you're already second on the waiting list :P

And again no worries, I know I was saying she was tyrant right off the bat but meant that to be more of just an attention grabber and point of view type thing. I could have clarified it better later in the original post, but we all live and learn ;)

@Scribblegroove

Actually we're doing quite well, we have five players in the room, @Lady just needs to post walking in and she can join the conversation and is just outside the being cautious like everyone should be. Also I'm talking with @Tricksters Pride and he's about to post, then we only need to have the whole group of nine players posted.

Sorry If I'm posting late for you guys. I got really sick, and my head is hurting really bad.

I'll try my best to post as soon as possible, but I am not sure if I can post today at all.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry If I'm posting late for you guys. I got really sick, and my head is hurting really bad.

I'll try my best to post as soon as possible, but I am not sure if I can post today at all.

Wow that sucks. Terrible timing too. Don't worry though you have not missed much. We are just in the meeting room chatting a bit and introducing ourselves, nothing major has really happened. Hope you get better :D

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Sorry if I jumped down your throat in that post, I don't mean to be harsh against you but against God Modding and really the best way to avoid it is to be blunt about it and to let everyone know. I'm actually a little peeved that the first occurance was against one of my OC's because it looks like I was being petty and I don't want to discourage you guys from treating me like a player and opposing and pissing off my OC's cause that's a lot of fun :P

So sorry for calling you out, it wasn't personal.

The poison in the Angel's Share Tavern, is very special in that nothing else like it exists in the world. It is made by Double Barrel himself and he is only able to make enough of it in a month to fill the tavern's air for an hour on a single night. (The Devil's Cut meeting room tends to be very exclusive for this reason, also why a specific time was specified)

The poison is actually alcohol based in nature, Double Barrel's cutiemark/special talent is his ability to magically manipulate alcohol (imagine how long he was a blank flank :P). He takes the "Angel's Share" of his brewing and actually condenses the evaporated alcohol fumes into a supersaturated crystalline structure, it takes him to the very limits of his magical abilities to form even a small amount. The crystals are so tiny they hang in the smokey air of the tavern; on a night when it is necessary he floods the main rooms air with the crystals. All patrons during that hour when the crystal are in the air breath them in but the crystals in this form are completely harmless; they're structures can't be broken down by the body and mucus in the lungs would slowly move them out just like any other dust people breath in.

However, should Double Barrel give the lungs of someone who has breathed in the crystals a simple pulse with his magic the crystals begin to break down. The alcohol crosses directly through the lungs into the blood. A victim of this would feel a slight pressure in their lungs as his light magic pulse triggers the poison, then they're lungs would begin to give a slight burning feeling as the crystals begin to break down. The effect is as if the victim chugged a gallon of alcohol, in seconds they're thoughts would become muddled and they would have a pleasant buzz, moments later thinking straight would become difficult, motor skills would be reduced, magic usage and control would become increasingly difficult; next comes the vomiting, slurred speech, irrational thoughts and a loss of logic; then blacking out hypothermia and labored breathing; then passing out, seizures, coma and death. The full process can take anywhere from 10 minutes to half an hour, but with the loss of control the victims body experiences Double Barrel has never worried about it's results.

The effects and speed of this poison is heightened if the victim has already been drinking and has a BAC rating. That fact combined with it being in a Tavern and that all witnesses would report seeing the victim at the Tavern make the murder appear as death by over intoxication, especially when Double Barrel himself can falsify the report of how much the victim drank during their visit.

Edited by Torrent505
  • Brohoof 1

I don't want to be a buzzkill here, but doesn't the reappearing of the pendant defeat its entire purpose. If it inevitably returns to you, why not make the power internal anyway? It's supposed to be a weakness that you can lose your pendant. If it is stolen the thief cannot use its powers? Yeah, I can understand that, but if it cannot leave your vincinity without disappearing it is a little disappointing.

Since the pendant was stolen from you in a little harsh way I can understand that it reappears now, but if in the future it is stolen without the use of god modding, I suggest that you won't make it disappear again.

It's just a suggestion, since it opens up a lot of roleplaying possibilities. As it is now it kind of makes your character completely power oriented, which is not desirable for a good character...

Edit: on another note, how the heck did you send a letter to several ponies a once using magic!? First of all that is quite an advanced spell that you seem to cast with ease without even using a horn! How does that make sense! And secondly, it has nothing to do with you aura magic! You can't just start casting spells for no reason, it never says it anywhere in your background. If the pendant not only gives you a spiritual guide and very powerful combat magic, but also functions as a horn, I would definitely call it OP! When did your character study to be able to cast all these spells? How does the pendant give him all these powers? You can't just start power playing without a decent explanation...

Sorry for ranting. I just want to draw attention to this because it's ruining my fun a little.

Edited by Scribblegroove
  • Brohoof 1

Since the pendant was stolen from you in a little harsh way I can understand that it reappears now, but if in the future it is stolen without the use of god modding, I suggest that you won't make it disappear again.

Just going to point out that even if the pendant had been taken from Tempest harshly that it would be a poor reason anyway..... And it wasn't nearly that harsh cause i've seen enough to say that if Tempest didn't get off lightly he was responded to in kind so it was pretty fair.

Also going to point out that not only is the letter thing higher end magic but the disappearing into smoke is as well... I'll admit to using it with one of my own characters but he was a formless entity so it made sense, it was also power consuming even for him....... And you did all this as a pegasus to boot.  :huh:

Edited by Tricksters Pride
  • Brohoof 1

Just going to point out that even if the pendant had been taken from Tempest harshly that it would be a poor reason anyway..... And it wasn't nearly that harsh cause i've seen enough to say that if Tempest didn't get off lightly he was responded to in kind so it was pretty fair.

Also going to point out that not only is the letter thing higher end magic but the disappearing into smoke is as well... I'll admit to using it with one of my own characters but he was a formless entity so it made sense, it was also power consuming even for him....... And you did all this as a pegasus to boot. :huh:

With harsh I meant that torrent took it from through god modding. He couldn't fight back. And if he loses it without much of a fight I can slightly justify that it returns to him, but if he actually loses it through a fight fairly, it shouldn't return to him immediately :c

I'm glad I am not the only one seeing difficulties though.

• Brohoof 1

With harsh I meant that torrent took it from through god modding. He couldn't fight back. And if he loses it without much of a fight I can slightly justify that it returns to him, but if he actually loses it through a fight fairly, it shouldn't return to him immediately :c
 Hmm... While that may be true Torrent was reinforcing the point which was started by a bit of god-modding on tempests end. Hell he even politely explained why and how things could have gone differently. I'll agree that god-modding can be harsh (as i have a bit of a dislike for it myself...) but it was earned on this occasion so there is no fault in either party, merely a misunderstanding and a correction.  (That said i agree with your statement overall, i just believe that it wasn't very harsh to the point where it was a fairly soft reprieve.)

Of course your not the only one seeing difficulties silly. :P Patience is a pegasus too and i know that their own natural abilities are quite potent without magic... its unfair to have both even if it costs a bit of one to get the other.  :huh:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Scribblegroove @Tricksters Pride

They bring up good points, the pendant was supposed to be a way to weaken your character. Because I've found that characters with "ancient spirits" tend to become overpowered due to they're spirit being too incredibly powerful. I can understand needing a way to get your powers back should the pendant be stolen or lost but I also think there need to be away to keep your OC at bay and a normal Pegasus.

My suggestion it that the pendant cannot function while someone else is holding it either in their hands or magic, however merely grabbing it while you are wearing it would not affect it. When left alone and not touched as the mayor left it, it becomes incorporeal and returns to you. The time it takes for the pendant to return should be longer for longer distances and how much you can concentrate to bring it back.

As for the letter sending, I also thought that that your aura magic was related to combat magic, reading others auras and solely manipulating your own aura. If I knew it was just regular magic I wouldn't have approved as it's just basically a way trying to get around the No Alicorn rule. Telekinesis and magic manipulating your aura as a weapon is okay with me; but even Celestina and Twilight use spike as a medium to teleport a single letter long distances.

My suggestion to avoid having to edit or go back on the story is I'll allow you to be very close with one other Luna extremist. Close enough (best friend/family) to them that you can send your aura to their's and that way you can deliver the one letter to one other extremist who can then redistribute it.

Other than that I'd prefer if you stuck to the magic on your database entry (other than the full aura beast which I asked you to exclude) or at least explain the magic to us more and justify it.

Finally please don't assume Tempest is the leader of the Luna extremist's they are very unorganized and mostly work as independent individuals at the moment. Organizing them would come later in the RP.

You're of course allowed to defend your feelings and powers for your OC. All of these are just my suggestions, if you can think of something you would rather do to balance his power feel free to tell me or if you want to explain why he should have these powers. Let me know what you think and decide.

The same goes for everyone else, let me know if you think these adjustments are okay.

For similar power adjusting reasons I can't let you just have a spell that is a coverall for all drugs and poisons and is also simple and easy to cast. I greatly enjoyed your story behind it though and think that a similar effect for the spell would be appropriate. Being that it is a spell for dire measures and was originally created to stop hallucinations, how about it works to keep toxins/drugs from the Brain and Heart? The spell protects those two spots to keep the subject from the quickest ways to die and would keep the mind clear as originally intended.

Radiance will keep a clear head and not suffer from irregular heartbeat/heart failure. She will still be suffering from the alcohol making her muscles somewhat uncoordinated (less than if it was in her brain as well), difficulty breathing, vomiting and hypothermia. But you won't black out or pass out at least.

Edited by Torrent505
  • Brohoof 2

Fair enough. I wasn't sure what the best way  of making that spell balanced was. I tried to make it so that the spell was really effective under a short duration, seconds to a minute. Exhaustion of recasting it to keep the effect would be what kept it weak. I definitely did not mean for it to be overpowered. I was planning for the spell to completely consume Radiance, meaning she couldn't fight, and she would must likely keel over from exhaustion in a fairly short duration. The way you described it seems perfectly fair, and perhaps a much easier way of monitoring the spell. Would the same recast and exhaustion issue persist?

As for the medicine Radiance took, was any of it effective? Surely she would be in at least a slightly better boat then anyone that is merely caught in range of the spell.

Edited by Golden Shield

@@@Torrent505,

Would the same recast and exhaustion issue persist?

I'm no expert but i'd think that holding back the effects of poison would be a fairly exhausting thing to do. Magic that's medical in nature is often the most exhausting due to the fine and complex requirements. (Kinda needs to be considering what it affects, one wrong casting and you rupture something or worse. :S)

Ok, I apologize for the ordeal that I have put you all through. I will edit my post so that it fits accordingly in terms of the letter that Temoest sent out. I also like your idea for the pendant. As for the smoke teleportation tactic, that was made out of simple panic and a need to get out of the current situation that my character was in. I apologize for that, and will not use it after this point in time.

@

Not a huge deal, just a misunderstanding. :) Though i'm going to point out that Tempest wasn't in that bad a spot anyway. (Hell 'teleporting' would probably only put the others on edge.)

Yeah, how long? I mean, I'm cool with another two or three pages worth of discussion. After all, it builds foundation. That is all the better for Cryptical Code to learn. :3