Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What is up with a lot of people in this fandom hating Adventure Time?

MarcelineA

(edited)

I can give you a number of reason why I dislike that show, as well as many other on Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and the Disney channel/Disney XD.   However, I dislike Adventure Time b/c of:

• Art
  • Voice Acting
  • Storyline
  • Stupid Humor
  • Boring/Not Interesting

The boring I understand because to each his own

The humor same with as the boring except idk they have different kinds of humor and usually the best is the hidden one idk I'm just a person that looks into details a lot

The art lol my favorite part I can't deal with shows with too much stuff on them like some anime shows the characters look like they can't even carry one more item because they're gonna fall off lol I like simple art

Ok to each his own but that's the best voice acting I've heard

Storyline... that's the best part ._. the whole background story goes in great depth unlike MLP that it's more about Princess stuff which it's fine to whoever likes it but storylines about war, tragedy, and the world seem more interesting to me

I just find the humor far too immature; especially with the latest quality decline. It's just too childish for me.

funny I actually think MLP has more childish humor... I say that because it is very rated PG I know I like to watch a show that will really crack me up and AT has it.... not saying MLP doesn't because if it didn't I wouldn't watch it BUT adventure time has waaay more subliminal messages than any other cartoon I've seen and it gets better every season I feel like it's almost turning into an adult cartoon lol before it was stuff like *he falls down* *makes weird faces* now it talks about hidden stuff and some dark stuff XD but that's just me of course

Edited by MarcelineA

I've TRIED Watching it, but I just found it way too immature. Like, Finn's voice is annoying, his scream is even worse, I'd rather listen to PewdiePie. I find the show itself just too fucked up most of the time, along with the dialogue. It's just not something I'd watch again.I feel as if I lose IQ points when I"m watching it.  :( 

The only thing I liked about it was Marceline and Jake's voice, because it's John DiMaggio voicing him. Otherwise...10/10 Not a fan of it.  :blush: 

• Brohoof 2

I loved the first season of Adventure Time, and I haven't really had the chance to see more.  I see things pop up on my Facebook feed pertaining to AT, and I'm a bit concerned about the direction / detour the series seems to have taken.  BUT, like I said: loved the first season.  And I wouldn't judge the later episodes without actually watching them first.  Right now, though, I'm focused on MLP lol; will be buying season 2 the end of this month.  Ohhh - hurry, June!

I've TRIED Watching it, but I just found it way too immature. Like, Finn's voice is annoying, his scream is even worse, I'd rather listen to PewdiePie. I find the show itself just too fucked up most of the time, along with the dialogue. It's just not something I'd watch again.I feel as if I lose IQ points when I"m watching it.  :( 

The only thing I liked about it was Marceline and Jake's voice, because it's John DiMaggio voicing him. Otherwise...10/10 Not a fan of it.  :blush: 

You lost me at lose IQ points ._.

funny I found Pewdie Pie not remotely funny I don't get his jokes they're mostly about games and he makes funny voices that's all I've seen

about Finn's voice that is true but it's a preference I personally find Pinkie Pie more annoying and besides Finn's voice has gotten really deep in the last seasons due to puberty

The dialogue and the fucked up stuff cracked me up XD because that I get it is a weird show but it's a show about detail I can puzzle things very good and look at details a lot which it's why I like it, it keeps me busy

To each his own but you really lost me at the "lose IQ points" idk but a show with a background story like that is one of the most informative shows I've ever seen... it even passes MLP since yes MLP has a background story but is not that dark and it's a little bit predictable but again that's about taste it's like comparing funny chick flicks with funny scary movies they're not the same genre so just because people have different taste it doesn't mean one is smarter than the other one, just saying

I loved the first season of Adventure Time, and I haven't really had the chance to see more.  I see things pop up on my Facebook feed pertaining to AT, and I'm a bit concerned about the direction / detour the series seems to have taken.  BUT, like I said: loved the first season.  And I wouldn't judge the later episodes without actually watching them first.  Right now, though, I'm focused on MLP lol; will be buying season 2 the end of this month.  Ohhh - hurry, June!

yeah actually a bit same here, even though I obsess over AT I been focusing a lot on MLP lately since I JUST catched up on EVERY episode and bought some new merch and researched a few facts XD and stuff XD

I haven't really watched the show enough to say one way or the other. I've seen episodes I liked and episodes that couldn't draw me in if it tried. The one thing I can say I absolutely hate is the artstyle though. It often turns me away from the show entirely. Until the day comes that I'm specifically in the mood to watch it that's all I can really say about it.

I hate adventure time because it's poorly drawn, uses tons of unfunny jokes/memes/internet lingo, the fanbase uses the same annoying vocabulary in their own lives, it's random for the sake of being random, and it's just not interesting to me at all.  I've given more than one episode a chance, and it's just failed to gain my attention.

I'm not really an Adventure Time fan (it doesn't hold my interest, except maybe a few episodes – I enjoyed the episode where they find BMO's creator), and I don't know why people hate FP either.

In regards to any theory (revolving around the mushroom war?) the only one I know of is that the mushroom war is supposed to represent nuclear war (in reference to the mushroom cloud of an atomic bomb), but I don't know how FP effects that (but then again I've probably only seen like 5 episodes total).

I can really care less about "poor" animation and humor, but I feel that Adventure Time is getting too random...and in the negative way. Sometimes I watch an episode and don't know what the hell is going on.

I can actually disagree with a lot of what people have to say about this.

The humor has been great and very fun-spirited. It's the one show that actually could pull off one fart joke and make it legitimately funny.

Now about Flame Princess I don't necessarily think she's the problem, more so that it's the show's direction. The show in the most recent seasons prefer to focus on Finn's personal relationships rather than the art of adventure. Hopefully once this "Finn's Dad" story arc is done we can finally get back to what made this show great.

I can actually disagree with a lot of what people have to say about this.

The humor has been great and very fun-spirited. It's the one show that actually could pull off one fart joke and make it legitimately funny.

Now about Flame Princess I don't necessarily think she's the problem, more so that it's the show's direction. The show in the most recent seasons prefer to focus on Finn's personal relationships rather than the art of adventure. Hopefully once this "Finn's Dad" story arc is done we can finally get back to what made this show great.

The humor is fine, but it's getting way too random. I can't really understand what's happening, and often dialogue is dull. ("So did you solve that problem with X?" "Yeah." "Cool.") The episodes at times don't make sense or just flies off on another track.

• Brohoof 1