Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What Movies Do You Like Yet Most People Hate/Dislike?

spas-ticShotty

Have you seen Batman: The Movie? It's a personal favourite. Whenever I'm really upset I just plunk down with popcorn and get fat while I laugh my ass off XD

My brother wanted me to go with him so I did since I had nothing better to do XD

I REGRET IT

WASTE OF TIME

Hold up a second... which Batman movie are you talking about? Is it the 1989 one directed by Tim Burton, or is it the one that was based on the 1960's Batman TV show?

I don't know about you guys but I love all three Jurassic Park movies and the third one made Spino(temporarily) my favorite dino.

Rex still should have won though, just based on Spino's mouth shape.

I also like Legend of the Guardians (not Owl City) and Treasure Planet. <.<

..And Jaws and The Birds

YES! The Jurassic Park movies are probably my favorite movies of all time! Mos of my friends think that they are stupid, but I'm going to disagree with them...

I also liked the Looney Tunes: Back in Action movie. I don't know why, but it gives me a HUGE rush of nostalgia everytime I watch it. It's also the only "kids" movie that I like.

Starship Troopers. I know where people are coming from when they say this movie is bad. It's cheesy, the acting is very 'Meh', the story is predictable, it's mindless and it is not faithful to the book in the least. But by god, I love this shitty movie!

It entertains me so

I don't know about you guys but I love all three Jurassic Park movies and the third one made Spino(temporarily) my favorite dino.

Rex still should have won though, just based on Spino's mouth shape.

I also like Legend of the Guardians (not Owl City) and Treasure Planet. <.<

..And Jaws and The Birds

I loved the first two Jurassic Park movies, hated the third.

The first one is obviously a classic, but a ton of people hated the second one. Sure it was kind of stupid at times, but I still found it really entertaining.

Jurassic Park 3 however was awful IMO. They killed off the T-rex right at the start of the movie! The t-rex was always my favorite part of the JP movies, so JP3 lost so many points for me.

Also it was way too cheesy for my liking, and I wanted to strangle the mom and dad.

Edited by Eljordo

I know critics liked this one a lot, but I can never find anyone else that really likes Inception. Cinematic, mind-numbing beauty. :P

Another one people don't seem to like: Tron: Legacy. Yes, some of the plot was a little predictable, but it's because CLU knew what he was doing. Wonderful movie, IMO.

I'm going to catch complete hell for this one... Jack and Jill. I thought it was funny. Granted, it was a really weird and awkward movie, but that is NOTHING compared to some stuff I've seen.

I haven't seen that one yet, but I like most of Adam Sandler's movies. Most people nowadays get on his case for "acting the same in every movie", but I think he's a likeable guy and his films are always fun. I loved Bedtime Stories, 50 First Dates was great and Big Daddy is one of my all time favourites.

The Producers - the 2005 filmSuper Mario BrosPrometheusthe first two Poke'mon moviesPublic EnemiesThe InternationalTo Rome with LoveJ. EdgarHollywood EndingAlien3The Raven (2012)Mars Attacks!

Edited by CinemaBrony

The Last Airbender

Red Riding Hood

Snow White and The Huntsmen

Wall-E

I an number 4

John Carter

Coraline

Beastly

Dr. Dolittle

Eragon

City of Ember

I could've sworn a ton of people liked WALL-E ^_^. I've seens Coraline before, and it's some freaky shit (It's a good movie, though). The cover for the book it was based on, though, is even creepier to me :wacko:

For some reason a lot of people didn't seem to like Dark Knight Rises. It might have to do with the shooting, but that shouldn't ruin a perfectly good movie! I loved it!

i loved that film, it had me all the way through it and i never saw the ending coming :P

im was shocked when people said the 2nd was better then it !

Edited by Happy Plant

I could've sworn a ton of people liked WALL-E ^_^. I've seens Coraline before, and it's some freaky shit (It's a good movie, though). The cover for the book it was based on, though, is even creepier to me :wacko:

I know I thought a lot of people liked Wall-E too until I brought it up to my frends and they all said it was really boring and bad. :(
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I can't think of any that goes along with the title, but if you reverse it and there's a movie I disliked but most people like it's The Big Lebowski. It bored me to heck and back and I fell asleep watching it.

-Land before time (I always hear people say it was gay and shit)

WHO THE BUCK SAID "LAND BEFORE TIME' WAS GAY!!!!!!!! LET ME AT 'EM, LET ME AT 'EM!!!!!!!!! :angry: The 20 sequels on the other hand, is another story! Those are all kind of a festering pile of horse ****!!! ^_^

As for myself, I too like "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra". Why? Because it was a fun action movie that didn't take itself too seriously. Was it that great of a movie? HECK NO!!! At best, it was somewhere in between the first and second Transformer movies. But unlike many action movies, including the Transformers sequels, G.I. Joe, as I said, didn't take itself too seriously. It knew that it was just supposed to be a fun action movie, and treated itself as such. But the Transformers sequels, and so many other action movies out there?!?! They're full of themselves!!! They treat themselves in their promotion, advertisement, and the tone throughout the movies themselves, like they're some kind of grand epic that deals with very serious and pressing themes, but in the end, you realize it's just giant robots duking it out!!! And that's something I simply cannot stand, when a movie takes itself too seriously, because all it does is make you even angrier about anything that was stupid or silly in the movie, since the creators apparently think that this should all be taken seriously!

I'm sorry Michael Bay, but if you think that I'm going to take Shia Labeouf screaming his head off and mugging the camera for 90% of a movie and Megan Fox (or whatever bimbo model you dig up) simply posing in as provocative-a-position as possible seriously, then I've just got one thing to say... what are you smoking, and can I have some? B)

The Last Airbender

Let me make this perfectly clear. Just because I liked it does NOT make this a good movie. Sure, I was entertained, but mostly because of it's flaws. Trust me, I laughed so hard through this movie that by the end of it, my stomach was hurting. "He's making fire from nothing!" XD

Lady and the Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure

This movie didn't jive well with the critics, but I'm not sure why. To me, the movie was by far one of my most favorite during my childhood. The characters were well-done, (I loved Angel's parts. :3) it had a good moral to it, it had a theme about rebellion and becoming independent, like teenagers growing into adults. And yet it still only got 3 stars.

The main reason I think it fared so terribly was because it was a sequel. Naturally, it's going to be compared to the original I haven't seen much of the first Lady and the Tramp, but from the clips I've watched, it wasn't too impressive. But from what everyone else says about it, they say it's amazing.

To conclude, it's a great movie as a stand-alone, and if you love dogs, you should pick it up and give it a try. :D

The Last Airbender

Let me make this perfectly clear. Just because I liked it does NOT make this a good movie. Sure, I was entertained, but mostly because of it's flaws. Trust me, I laughed so hard through this movie that by the end of it, my stomach was hurting. "He's making fire from nothing!" XD

I have to agree with this, there were so many wtf moments in this movie, 5 earthbenders doing the pebble dance to lift a tiny rock, a waterbender tackling a fire nation soldier out of nowhere, the hilariously bad lines ("Katara, don't hit that sphere!") and of course the infamous "He's making fire from nothing!"

I loved Wall-E, Coraline and *gasp* Lady in the Water...seriously this is one of my favourite movies.

• Brohoof 1

I have to agree with this, there were so many wtf moments in this movie, 5 earthbenders doing the pebble dance to lift a tiny rock, a waterbender tackling a fire nation soldier out of nowhere, the hilariously bad lines ("Katara, don't hit that sphere!") and of course the infamous "He's making fire from nothing!"

I loved Wall-E, Coraline and *gasp* Lady in the Water...seriously this is one of my favourite movies.

You can't forget the part where Firebenders can only bend existing fire, making them near useless in the Water Tribe locations. XD

I like the mortal kombat movie even though it is incredibly ridiculous. I also liked Men in Black 3 and Space Jam. I also sort of like fritz the cat... sort of.

I like the mortal kombat movie even though it is incredibly ridiculous. I also liked Men in Black 3 and Space Jam. I also sort of like fritz the cat... sort of.

If you can get anything from the Mortal Kombat movie, it's the theme. Oh man, that song is epic. Just the mere mention of it makes you want to punch something. XD

If you can get anything from the Mortal Kombat movie, it's the theme. Oh man, that song is epic. Just the mere mention of it makes you want to punch something. XD

Yes that is true. They overplay it too but it's still awesome. Heaven forbid you are doing something important when that song comes on because it is time to fight!

*braces self for hate*

I really like the Star Wars prequel trilogy. Yeah, I guess some of the actors are bad (read: anybody who is not named Ewan McGregor or Samuel L Jackson), there are a lot more characters that are just straight up annoying (Jar Jar and Ep 1 Anakin come to mind). But come one, we get the story of how the Sith took the Galaxy, multiple Yoda fights, and some really great, large scale battles. I still think the original trilogy is better, but the prequels are still very solid.

• Brohoof 3

*braces self for hate*

I really like the Star Wars prequel trilogy. Yeah, I guess some of the actors are bad (read: anybody who is not named Ewan McGregor or Samuel L Jackson), there are a lot more characters that are just straight up annoying (Jar Jar and Ep 1 Anakin come to mind). But come one, we get the story of how the Sith took the Galaxy, multiple Yoda fights, and some really great, large scale battles. I still think the original trilogy is better, but the prequels are still very solid.

I'm too tired to explain any further, but I've seen the prequels as a young child. I didn't think it was too bad. Sure, it wasn't perfect, and not as well done as the originals, but they seemed to fare well.

I may re-watch them now, and have a different viewpoint of it, but for the moment, that's what I'm sticking with.

The Last Airbender

Lady and the Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure

This movie didn't jive well with the critics, but I'm not sure why. To me, the movie was by far one of my most favorite during my childhood. The characters were well-done, (I loved Angel's parts. :3) it had a good moral to it, it had a theme about rebellion and becoming independent, like teenagers growing into adults. And yet it still only got 3 stars.

The main reason I think it fared so terribly was because it was a sequel. Naturally, it's going to be compared to the original I haven't seen much of the first Lady and the Tramp, but from the clips I've watched, it wasn't too impressive. But from what everyone else says about it, they say it's amazing.

To conclude, it's a great movie as a stand-alone, and if you love dogs, you should pick it up and give it a try. :D

Oh, I completely forgot, speaking of Disney sequels (I particularly mean direct-to-video sequels), there is only one that stands out for me as one that I actually enjoy, even though I will conceded that a number of them are fairly competent, and that's Lion King 2. I have a number of reasons for this.

1) Lion King is my absolute favorite animated movie of all time, and I honestly think as far as animated features go, especially for Disney, that it is the pinnacle of a high-quality animated feature for all ages in every sense! Trust me though, that's the weakest reason I have, so to speak for liking Lion King 2.

2) This was one of Disney's first direct-to-video sequels, and it shows. The music is, with the exception of one song (at least for me), very high quality for a sequel, even if most of it can't hold a candle to Lion King's soundtrack; in fact, the opening number, "He Lives In You," was originally supposed to be in "Lion King," and actually is in the Broadway production of Lion King. The animation, while again inferior to the original's, still is very solid, and you can tell that the animation crew that worked on it, which was significantly smaller than Lion King's, put a lot of heart and effort into the process. Finally, perhaps the biggest way that the Lion King 2 especially illustrates that it was one of the first Disney sequels is the voice cast; except for Rowan Atkinson (Zazu's VA), any of the VA's from the first movie whose characters made an appearance in the sequel actually returned, which is pretty impressive! Heck, even James Earl Jones of all people lent his voice just to speak a couple of lines!!! That kind of consistency in VA's is nice, and I for one appreciated it.

3) The story was competent, and again, while no masterpiece like Lion King's, very well written and executed. Just like Lion King was based off of Hamlet, Lion King 2 was based off of Romeo and Juliet, and it was nice that the creators addressed the question of how Simba would reconcile with the lionesses who supported Scar. Using his daughter as the catalyst for that reconciliation was something that I quite enjoyed seeing, and it allowed Simba himself to learn a very valuable lesson.

Overall, this movie as a direct-to-video sequel was very, very competent compared to some of the attrocities that Disney would release after it for the next decade or so. It came out only a few years after Lion King, and was quite consistent in its narrative with Lion King's as well as the characterization of the returning characters from Lion King. Unlike many of the coming sequels, there was actual effort, hard-work, and heart put into Lion King 2, and that's what I especially appreciate about it.

• Brohoof 1