Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What Movies Do You Like Yet Most People Hate/Dislike?

spas-ticShotty

I was thinking to make this thread while watching Battleship. It's self explanatory; what movies do you like yet most other people hate or just find to be lame/stupid/uninteresting/anything negative? For me it's......

-Battleship: I love this movie, and it's mah 4th favorite movie of all time, yet most people found it stupid, mainly because of the "Based off the board game" gimmick (Which, IMO, wasn't the smartest choice to advertise), since it involves aliens, and the fact that Rihanna was in the movie. Plus, acting isn't really that good and ackward dialogue at times doesn't help. It's visuals, sound effects, lighting (Strangely enough) action scenes, alien ship design (Especially the peg-shaped mortars), and somewhat epic with feel with the destroyers and battleships are the reasons why I like it so much :wub:

-Any Transformers movie: I'm mostly talking about the 3rd one, since I can barely remember the 2nd one, and most people found TS1 to be decent or good. I like the 3rd one a lot, even though it is one long ass movie

-I guess G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra: The reason why I put this was because the critics didn't like it at all. Only around 30-35% of them did, same rating as Battleship. I'm not exactly sure why though. I don't find acting to be all that bad, and visuals aren't as corny as some of the critics made it out to be. Maybe I'm just blind to all it's problems the critics found. I'm not sure how fans or regular movie-goers reacted, though.......

So what are YOUR movies you like yet most other people don't?

• Brohoof 1

I'm probably the only teenage male on the internet who was moderately entertained by The Last Airbender.

For that matter, I also didn't think Battleship was that bad, but I've never watched any of the Twilight movies. Apart from that, my taste in movies is more-or-less typical.

• Brohoof 1

I'm probably the only teenage male on the internet who was moderately entertained by The Last Airbender.

For that matter, I also didn't think Battleship was that bad, but I've never watched any of the Twilight movies. Apart from that, my taste in movies is more-or-less typical.

I can't remember much of The Last Airbender, except that it had too many slo-mo shots, plus it felt a little rushed for a retelling of the whole Book 1. Unfortunately, I also remember this one scene where I'm not sure if it was an earthbender or firebender who got hit by rocks (Most likely firebender) who then says "It really hurt" in a childish voice. I was like "...........come on, Shamylan, don't do that to me"

I actually sort of enjoyed The Last Airbender... I loved the Transformers movies. I don't know why the 2nd one got such a bad rap. It was a good movie with great CGI.

The Final Destination movies- I love these movies. The death scenes are really well thought out.

The Saw Franchise- I love SAW. The twist endings make the movies worth watching. Though I must agree that the 3rd one and the 5th one were pretty bad

Spiderman 3 -This movie is not terrible nor is it bad. I enjoyed it more then the 2nd one. It was actually pretty darn good.

Edited by Dusty Soul

For some reason a lot of people didn't seem to like Dark Knight Rises. It might have to do with the shooting, but that shouldn't ruin a perfectly good movie! I loved it!

• Brohoof 1

For some reason a lot of people didn't seem to like Dark Knight Rises. It might have to do with the shooting, but that shouldn't ruin a perfectly good movie! I loved it!

Weird.... I love that movie as well! Most people I know loved that movie. I think the people who don't like the shooting are ether little kids or overprotective parents.

The reason a lot of people have for not liking The Dark Knight Rises is that it had an apalling lack of Batman. He was barely in the movie! And most of the time he was on screen, he was getting his ass handed to him by Bane.

I actually mildly enjoyed Snow White and the Huntsman, but only because Chris Hemsworth was in it. The rest of it sucked. The dialouge was terrible, the story was bland, the pacing was downright apalling, but it was still oddly enjoyable.

Edited by HylianMadness

The reason a lot of people have for not liking The Dark Knight Rises is that it had an apalling lack of Batman. He was barely in the movie! And most of the time he was on screen, he was getting his ass handed to him by Bane.

I actually mildly enjoyed Snow White and the Huntsman, but only because Chris Hemsworth was in it. The rest of it sucked. The dialouge was terrible, the story was bland, the pacing was downright apalling, but it was still oddly enjoyable.

I don't want to see that one.

I loved it! It was long, it was slow, but it was amazing. I loved how they ended it. I was kind of happy they focused on other characters.

I can imagine Thor (Hemsoworth) being with Snow White :P.

I remember when I saw Battleship's first trailer over a year ago and I ws like, "Is this serious?", and then I was like "I bet people are gonna hate it, yet I'll like it". Looks like mah prediction came true :P

I kind of enjoyed Cars 2, in fact, I liked it much more than the first Cars. Sure, I hate Mater, which dragged my opinion of the movie way down, but everything else was Pixar at it's finest. The animation was beautiful, most of the jokes were funny, and the action worked surprisingly well. People are just way too hard on Pixar and have to compare each of it's movies to the ones before it, which is unfair. I imagine if Dreamworks or just Disney alone released it the critical response would be higher. Why does Pixar have to be too good for it's own movies?!

Snow White and the Huntsman was pretty decent, the main critique I have is Kristen Stewart. I tried telling myself before the movie that I wouldn't compare it to Twilight, and I didn't, but she's just a bad actress. Enough said. Charlize Theron was really good though.

• Brohoof 1

Street Fighter: The Movie

I dunno HOW many people dislike it, but they nitpick a lot of it. I do too, but that doesn't stop me enjoying the most hilarious action movie script ever written.

Yes Raul Julia is awesome etc.

• Brohoof 2

Weird.... I love that movie as well! Most people I know loved that movie. I think the people who don't like the shooting are ether little kids or overprotective parents.

actually alot of people like that movie it not a bad movie, i just think its not as good as the dark knight and no were near as good as Batman Begins

for me it would have to be Spiderman 3 alot of people hate this movie and i can see why (that dance scene )but i love it, it show Spiderman vs the suit and the sandman fight was awesome.

I'm going to have to go with Cars and Cars 2. also, Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker. seems like no one has evere heard of that last one, and the few who have don't like it.

I found Bane a bland one-sided villain with rather terrible motives for his actions. The plot was predictable, not to mention Batman barely showed up and if he did got his ass kicked by someone. Michael Caine made that movie slightly more tolerable though.

One I really liked was *looks around furtively* Batman: The Movie.

I found Bane a bland one-sided villain with rather terrible motives for his actions. The plot was predictable, not to mention Batman barely showed up and if he did got his ass kicked by someone. Michael Caine made that movie slightly more tolerable though.

I thought you were gonna say "Batman and Robin" :wacko:.

I never really wanted to see The Dark Knight Rises for some reason. I just don't want to.

I thought you were gonna say "Batman and Robin" :wacko:.

I never really wanted to see The Dark Knight Rises for some reason. I just don't want to.

Have you seen Batman: The Movie? It's a personal favourite. Whenever I'm really upset I just plunk down with popcorn and get fat while I laugh my ass off XD

My brother wanted me to go with him so I did since I had nothing better to do XD

I REGRET IT

WASTE OF TIME

Let's see what other movie I can add.......

2012 - Another movie critics didn't dig. I liked it A LOT. Many people thought it was far-fetched, which is true, but it's still a whole lotta fun for me. The whole destruction of Los Angeles is one of mah most favorite movie scenes of al time :D

Haha...I love a lot of the movies mentioned here!

Dude, Where's My Car? is one of my favourites...most people ridicule it, but I thought it was great. Not as good as Harold and Kumar, but it's close.

• Brohoof 1

AUGH you just reminded me of Batman Forever!

...look I'm sorry, but Jim Carrey was fantastic as the Riddler. Back when I was only 7.

I'm going to have to go with Cars and Cars 2. also, Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker. seems like no one has evere heard of that last one, and the few who have don't like it.

I love Cars. I put in in mah Top 10 most favorite movies ever :D. I especially like Mater. He reminds me a male, dumbass version of AJ :P

• Brohoof 1

I love Cars. I put in in mah Top 10 most favorite movies ever :D. I especially like Mater. He reminds me a male, dumbass version of AJ :P

I know right? everyone seems to hate him 'cause he's voiced by Larry the cable guy, whom I myself am not a fan of. that's like hating Holes just because Shai LeBouf is in it.

I know right? everyone seems to hate him 'cause he's voiced by Larry the cable guy, whom I myself am not a fan of. that's like hating Holes just because Shai LeBouf is in it.

Shia LeBouf was in Holes? Interesting......

I should also mention Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. A lot of Indy fans seem to dislike that movie, especially the nuke scene. I mean, yeah, it was a major "jump the shark" moment for Indy to hide in a fridge during a nuclear blast, but it was still pretty cool.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know about you guys but I love all three Jurassic Park movies and the third one made Spino(temporarily) my favorite dino.

Rex still should have won though, just based on Spino's mouth shape.

I also like Legend of the Guardians (not Owl City) and Treasure Planet. <.<

..And Jaws and The Birds

Edited by MetalGearP0n3
  • Brohoof 2