Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What Movies Do You Like Yet Most People Hate/Dislike?

spas-ticShotty

I quite like X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Neither are all that great, particularly the latter, but I enjoy both. :P

Also, I don't think Spider-Man 3 is that bad, the same with The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Iron Man 2 is another film I like, and Iron Man 3 is absolutely amazing! I think it's rather underrated, actually, but I can understand why some might not have enjoyed that... questionable... plot twist. :twi: I kind of like all of the Transformers movies, too, along with Thor: The Dark World. In fact, I really love the second Thor movie. :)

(edited)

Jem and the Holograms was pretty good. I guess it bombed so we'll never see the sequel that was set up in the mid-credit sequence. Too bad, I'd like to know what would've happened.  :pout:

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

Cars, all Saws, all Land Before Times, all three Jurassic Parks, Dinoshark, all Ice Ages, Shrek the Third, Lion King 1 1/2, Lady and Tramp 2, Fox and the Hound 2, etc

My all time favourites though are Bolt and Wall-E. I swear I was about to end a few friendships over people saying these two movies were boring. 

• 5 years later...

The 2011 Smurfs movie is oddly a guilty pleasure because I was quite obsessed with it when it came out. (I was eight before you make fun of me)

I can now see the flaws that people always point out, especially the rap part, but I do have somewhat of a soft spot for it. :twismile:

• 2 weeks later...

Iron Man 3 is still awesome

Also, I’ve already gone to bat for the Prequels, so this time it’s The Force Awakens. The Sequel Trilogy really fell out of favor especially with Rise of Skywalker, but I still really enjoyed the first movie of the trilogy even if it was ultimately a rehash of A New Hope with some more bullshit

Edited by Sunstreaker
  • Brohoof 3

The Matrix sequels. While they are nowhere near the cultural milestone that the original film was and they get a little too dense for their own good, I admire the story that the Wachowskis tried to tell. I appreciate how they expanded upon the lore and mythology of the Matrix. Reloaded and Revolutions are flawed, but they have their moments of brilliance and are at least watchable.

• Brohoof 2

I liked a lot of movies that others seem not to like,

The most recent ones I’ve watched are The Babysitter and The Babysitter: Killer Queen. People especially hated the sequel and out of the two and the sequel is actually my favorite.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Star Wars Revenge of the Sith. It generally gets lumped with the other two prequel films and yes, while it has problems, I still liked it.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, a lot of people on here like it but most non-bronies would not even dare to watch it. It is literally called "My Little Pony: The Movie". I don't see how most people would want to watch it unless they were bronies.

Street Fighter: The Movie. 

Yeah I can see why fans of the games take some ire with it. But compared to most 90s or even 2000s game movies, it's not that bad. Puts in a hell of a lot more effort than the Mario movie did. Separating it from the game, it's a fine action movie. A bombastic send off to that 80s/90s super macho, quipy one liner, tons of explosions style of action hero films. Plus that farewell performance by Rual Julia took this film to the next level. He did the role of M.Bison justice. 

Weirdly enough, with all the secret organizations, mass brawls, gun battles, high tech vehicles and hidden bases, Street Fighter the movie felt like the best GI Joe film never made. 

• Brohoof 1

Shrek Forever After. I kind of feel like people look down on it after how mediocre Shrek the Third was but at the same time I feel like it was a massive step up over that movie that really added a lot of character development and an overall unique approach to the series. Honestly a pretty solid way of ending the original movie series imo.

(this post was partially inspired by this vid)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...