Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What is up with a lot of people in this fandom hating Adventure Time?

MarcelineA

to be honest i just think its a shit show. i used to watch it a bit, but i just think its the same crap everytime, i know that is true with a bit of mlp as well, but mlp is entertaining to me. the only character i like is jake, everyone else is boring in my opinion.

I respect it but it seems like you haven't looked deep in their plot they have a big plot that they always tease us with to keep it going and all of the background stories of each character relates to the plot and they all click (I'm a person that looks at every single detail no matter how little and it's actually another reason why I like MLP they also have a big plot in which everything relates it's amusing to see) but I can understand everyone has preferences I just don't get why they say Flame Princess is the reason they stopped watching it

I respect it but it seems like you haven't looked deep in their plot they have a big plot that they always tease us with to keep it going and all of the background stories of each character relates to the plot and they all click (I'm a person that looks at every single detail no matter how little and it's actually another reason why I like MLP they also have a big plot in which everything relates it's amusing to see) but I can understand everyone has preferences I just don't get why they say Flame Princess is the reason they stopped watching it

i kinda liked flame princess, but she was a bit boring to me. not why i stopped watching it though. thats like someone not watching big bang theory because one of the characters are gay. not that any of the characters are gay, i dont think anyway, and i cant say whether or not they are in real life.

Edited by Brechard
  • Brohoof 1

The guys who hate her, are nothing but mere pathetic mortals. Like what you want, and don't let anyone exploit that.

no yeah sure everyone can like what they want I was just really curious like for example I really hate diamond tiara and I strongly dislike but not hate Trixie but just because of Trixie I wouldn't stop watching MLP but eh to each his own it was just my curiosity killing me about the theory they said she ruined I didn't even know she "ruined" a theory o_O

i kinda liked flame princess, but she was a bit boring to me. not why i stopped watching it though. thats like someone not watching big bang theory because one of the characters are gay. not that any of the characters are gay, i dont think anyway, and i cant say whether or not they are in real life.

Yeah that's exactly what I meant too I just got curious because of the theory they said she "ruined" but yeah I in fact dislike Trixie but I still watch MLP XD

no yeah sure everyone can like what they want I was just really curious like for example I really hate diamond tiara and I strongly dislike but not hate Trixie but just because of Trixie I wouldn't stop watching MLP but eh to each his own it was just my curiosity killing me about the theory they said she ruined I didn't even know she "ruined" a theory o_O

Yeah that's exactly what I meant too I just got curious because of the theory they said she "ruined" but yeah I in fact dislike Trixie but I still watch MLP XD

yeah, i can see where you are coming from. i kinda like trixie, she just has to not be a complete cock in her episodes.

I think it's a cute show, and I can relate with the type of kind of random, quit whit humor. I think it may be a little bit over rated, but I don't dislike it, I don't watch it religiously like I watch MLP, but it's one of those shows that if I am flipping through channels and nothing else good is on TV, ill let the episode play out.

• Brohoof 1

YES I saw those episodes I was thrilled to watch them and I see what you mean that can be it but also one of them said that it ruined a theory and he talked about a trilogy and how she had a "stupid" behavior towards things which I don't understand like apparently she ruined a theory

Trilogy? I've never heard of this theory. Care to elaborate, or link me a source to this? I'd like to hear the details instead of a vague explanation.

Edited by crazitaco

yeah, i can see where you are coming from. i kinda like trixie, she just has to not be a complete cock in her episodes.

yeah .-. well cool .-. she has friends XD yeah I know a lot of people dislike Rarity too I love her though .-. she's not as selfish as she appears to be and I think a lot of people get driven by just appearance I'm actually willing to give Trixie a chance (since I'm trying to catch up on MLP episodes I still haven't watched all to suddenly make my final judgement) .-. XD I think I'm too obsessed with both shows my Facebook is all ponified and I hear this forum threads with the ponies' voices XD XD XD but I also have LOTS of AT merchandise like LOTS I don't have anything of MLP though :C except a Rainbow Dash plushie .-. I wish I had more but I haven't seen cool MLP merch so far besides a few stuff like wallets, keychains, necklaces, plushies, dogtags, bags, and cards .-. I wish there was more stuff .-. (at least where I live though)

I think it's a cute show, and I can relate with the type of kind of random, quit whit humor. I think it may be a little bit over rated, but I don't dislike it, I don't watch it religiously like I watch MLP, but it's one of those shows that if I am flipping through channels and nothing else good is on TV, ill let the episode play out.

yeah that's understandable to me it's backwards although I am starting to get obsessed with MLP now so I guess that now it's equal still leaning more to AT since I haven't caught up on all MLP episodes YET... I should focus on MLP now more because of personal reasons like besides that I like Adventure Time I got obsessed with it too much and for the wrong reasons like yes I get the show and the plot I LOVE the plot but I kept watching it because it felt like a "drug" and Finn reminds me someone I know and that's not good I know why I say that XD *embarrassed face* ':DD I was just wondering why people said Flame Princess ruined a theory for them O_O

Trilogy? I've never heard of this theory. Care to elaborate, or link me a source to this, I'd like to hear the details.

yeah that's what they said O_O and I can't elaborate because THAT'S why I asked this question XD that's my actual question here for someone to explain to me what is this theory they talk about and what all the fuzz is about XD because they keep mentioning it but never explain it and the curiosity kills me XD

yeah .-. well cool .-. she has friends XD yeah I know a lot of people dislike Rarity too I love her though .-. she's not as selfish as she appears to be and I think a lot of people get driven by just appearance I'm actually willing to give Trixie a chance (since I'm trying to catch up on MLP episodes I still haven't watched all to suddenly make my final judgement) .-. XD I think I'm too obsessed with both shows my Facebook is all ponified and I hear this forum threads with the ponies' voices XD XD XD but I also have LOTS of AT merchandise like LOTS I don't have anything of MLP though :C except a Rainbow Dash plushie .-. I wish I had more but I haven't seen cool MLP merch so far besides a few stuff like wallets, keychains, necklaces, plushies, dogtags, bags, and cards .-. I wish there was more stuff .-. (at least where I live though)

yeah that's understandable to me it's backwards although I am starting to get obsessed with MLP now so I guess that now it's equal still leaning more to AT since I haven't caught up on all MLP episodes YET... I should focus on MLP now more because of personal reasons like besides that I like Adventure Time I got obsessed with it too much and for the wrong reasons like yes I get the show and the plot I LOVE the plot but I kept watching it because it felt like a "drug" and Finn reminds me someone I know and that's not good I know why I say that XD *embarrassed face* ':DD I was just wondering why people said Flame Princess ruined a theory for them O_O

yeah that's what they said O_O and I can't elaborate because THAT'S why I asked this question XD that's my actual question here for someone to explain to me what is this theory they talk about and what all the fuzz is about XD because they keep mentioning it but never explain it and the curiosity kills me XD

ive got a fair amount of pony merchandise.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

ive got a fair amount of pony merchandise.

that's mad rad .-. I just hate how where I live they make it ridiculously expensive and at a CERTAIN stores only and actually barely have stuff they should have even more stuff! XD ok I might go overboard with it but yeah they should have more stuff I do know that they started bringing MLP plushies at our Walmart (not a fan of our Walmart but we have no choice it's the cheapest place besides the dollar stores) now the plushies look weird like idk they don't look like the ponies in the show O_o they look weird but I did hear there was a "make-a-bear" store hours away so I hope someday I can go there and make a Rarity XD

Edited by MarcelineA

that's mad rad .-. I just hate how where I live they make it ridiculously expensive and at a CERTAIN stores only and actually barely have stuff they should have even more stuff! XD ok I might go overboard with it but yeah they should have more stuff I do know that they started bringing MLP plushies at our Walmart (not a fan of our Walmart but we have no choice it's the cheapest place besides the dollar stores) now the plushies look weird like idk they don't look like the ponies in the show O_o they look weird but I did hear there was a "make-a-bear" store hours away so I hope someday I can go there and make a Rarity XD

i wanna go to one of those and make a rarity. its kinda stupid how the merchandise is quite expensive a lot of the time. ive got six beanies in total, since i cant find plushies. and i only need a rarity to complete the mane 6, seems like she is a rarity to find in the stores (see what i did there).

• Brohoof 1

i wanna go to one of those and make a rarity. its kinda stupid how the merchandise is quite expensive a lot of the time. ive got six beanies in total, since i cant find plushies. and i only need a rarity to complete the mane 6, seems like she is a rarity to find in the stores (see what i did there).

lol oh yes she is XD XD XD and I know it's dumb ._. I spent like $13 for my Rainbow Dash plushie which it's wicked small and doesn't look so much like RD in the show ._. but eh she's still cute I guess and that's cool we barely have MLP beanies here although we have other hair accessories of MLP plus maybe a few baseball caps

I have nothing against Adventure Time, although I've never seen an episode. I might start watching it this summer when I have time, but I haven't noticed a lot of hate against the show around here.

it's not that there's a LOT of hate but the fact it's not even because the show itself but because of a single character (Flame Princess) apparently she ruined a theory for them O_O which they still don't explain and I got REALLY curious because I have a thing for theories

• Brohoof 1

Adventure Time started out great. But then Cartoon Network noticed it's rising popularity/cash flow and decided to milk it for the next million years.

It's a lot better than some of the other shows on CN (Lego Ninjago.... Serious??) but I certainly isn't the bet CN show. I'm more of a Regular Show fan.

• Brohoof 2

Adventure Time started out great. But then Cartoon Network noticed it's rising popularity/cash flow and decided to milk it for the next million years.

It's a lot better than some of the other shows on CN (Lego Ninjago.... Serious??) but I certainly isn't the bet CN show. I'm more of a Regular Show fan.

I aactually totally get what you mean on the sense of what CN does XD those crazy ppl XD but eh it's just a preference I like the regular show but I'm not obsessed with it like I am with Adventure Time (although it's not JUST the show why I'm obsessed with it there's other reasons too but I'd rather not even mention before I get a dark cloud over my head again XD) but yeah because it went overboard that's why I decided to watch MLP more but they say they hate AT just because of Flame Princess which I didn't understand so I got curious

I aactually totally get what you mean on the sense of what CN does XD those crazy ppl XD but eh it's just a preference I like the regular show but I'm not obsessed with it like I am with Adventure Time (although it's not JUST the show why I'm obsessed with it there's other reasons too but I'd rather not even mention before I get a dark cloud over my head again XD) but yeah because it went overboard that's why I decided to watch MLP more but they say they hate AT just because of Flame Princess which I didn't understand so I got curious

Nah I get it :) I will have it on my tv I'd CN is showing it. I really like it visually, so sometimes I'll watch it with my headphones on.

I certainly would prefer AT over Johnny Test...............

Nah I get it :) I will have it on my tv I'd CN is showing it. I really like it visually, so sometimes I'll watch it with my headphones on.

I certainly would prefer AT over Johnny Test...............

lol same with me and the Regular Show I prefer it over Johnny Test LOL XD yeah .-. I like the art on both shows too and on MLP as well it's very exiting idk well I draw and paint a lot that's why I obsess over the art XD

I REALLY don't understand how can people judge a show based on just ONE character and judge the character for the most irrational reasons without even giving her a second chance

Same thing happens within this fandom as well, I've noticed. A character does something out of the norm, and suddenly "OOC?! ZOMG THE SHOW'S GOING DOWNHILL, EVERYPONY JUMP SHIP!!!1" I'd be lying if I said it didn't rub me the wrong way, but I think I'm slowly learning how to tune out that knee-jerk garbage. Let me tell ya, it ain't easy. :huh:

Relating to Adventure Time specifically, I don't see what's not to like about the show. Sure, I'm not a fan of Finn, the lingo that passes between him and Jake is mind-rapingly awful at times, and the show is just generally weird as fuck. But it does one thing so very right that I find it impossible to dislike: It hearkens back to the imagination, world-building, and general sense of wonder many of us had as children. Which is something I find so awesome, there's no way I can let a handful of irritating characters get in the way of enjoying it. ;)

Edited by The Thrashy One
  • Brohoof 3

I don't hate Adventure Time because of Flame Princess. I hate it,cause the humor is awful.

I will admit I love the art style and the Ice King,but the humor is  :eww:.

Same thing happens within this fandom as well, I've noticed. A character does something out of the norm, and suddenly "OOC?! ZOMG THE SHOW'S GOING DOWNHILL, EVERYPONY JUMP SHIP!!!1" I'd be lying if I said it didn't rub me the wrong way, but I think I'm slowly learning how to tune out that knee-jerk garbage. Let me tell ya, it ain't easy. :huh:

Relating to Adventure Time specifically, I don't see what's not to like about the show. Sure, I'm not a fan of Finn, the lingo that passes between him and Jake is mind-rapingly awful at times, and the show is just generally weird as fuck. But it does one thing so very right that I find it impossible to dislike: It hearkens back to the imagination, world-building, and general sense of wonder many of us had as children. Which is something I find so awesome, there's no way I can let a handful of irritating characters get in the way of enjoying it. ;)

Thank you! you worded this better than I did XD and hah I didn't know that happened with MLP so much O_O well I know some people strongly hate characters and all I just wanted to know what exactly is the "theory" she "ruined" which they haven't explained and I'm a big fan of AT theories and I SO get what you mean about Finn and Jake and in fact sometimes I feel like Jake is the real hero (not trying to offend Finn fans around here like come on I even have a weird crush on him!) it's just that I've seeing EVERY AT episode to exist and I have to admit if it wasn't for Jake, Finn wouldn't even be alive now XD yes Finn have saved Jake many times too but take into consideration Jake is magical and he stretches and such Finn has barely any power besides his swords :/

• Brohoof 1

I don't hate Adventure Time, but I'll readily admit it's not for me. Admittedly it's for a rather petty reason too...I can't get over the animation style. As the Nostalgia Critic once said in regards to the old Sonic cartoon "This isn't animation, it's f***ing doodling. I don't want to watch something that's less entertaining than what I drew on my desk in high school!" If you like it then fine, I'd be a colossal hypocrite if I ever judged someone for liking a harmless cartoon they very much enjoy.

• Brohoof 1

I don't hate Adventure Time because of Flame Princess. I hate it,cause the humor is awful.

I will admit I love the art style and the Ice King,but the humor is  :eww:.

that's actually what I love the most because the humor is hidden and subliminal in most cases XD but to each his own

• 3 weeks later...

I can give you a number of reason why I dislike that show, as well as many other on Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and the Disney channel/Disney XD.   However, I dislike Adventure Time b/c of:

• Art
  • Voice Acting
  • Storyline
  • Stupid Humor
  • Boring/Not Interesting