Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think of the Somlestia ship?

Rarity Paige Belle

There are many issues in this comic and arc overall that has me 'ABSOLUTELY LIVID' at the moment.

One is the stupid romance thrown in there for plot convenience just so the mane 6 will have an excuse to go on an adventure to the AU of Equestria, and the fact that it's now implying that yes Celestia has been that stupid for love with her relationship with AU Sombra, who by the way looks like a pansy with his stereotypical prince charm and looks that frankly is starting to make me miss the original sombra as at least he looked badass and scary.

Second, apparently there is obviously going to be some convoluted reasoning for why the mane 6 can't simply attack the evil versions of the princesses that is exclusive to that verse only. Also, with that reasoning, wouldn't the Sombra of the AU world have died because the original Sombra of their world is dead, or is that exclusive to the AU verse one, unless you're revealing that yes Sombra in the original is still alive, which by the way, nice job dissing Sombra's death scene from the Crystal Empire if so or revealing a secret the DHX staff possibly doesn't want people to know yet. If whatever they inflict upon the person comes back towards themselves, wouldn't that mean the evil Celestia would also be gravely wounded, or is that exclusive between their own versions only? Seriously, this arc is starting to make DHX's work with Equestria Girls make more sense than this AU one.

Third, like I said about how Celestia is being stupid in this arc for love because she decides not to send Luna along with the mane 6 to the portal despite her sister's insistence if she were that  concerned for AU Sombra, and because of her love with Sombra, they're not destroying that portal to ensure their world's safety as trying to force a AU to change because of love is stupid.

Once I get my total review up for today, I'll let you know what else I thought about this comic and other matters.

Edited by Nuke87654
  • Brohoof 4

From day one i knew that the comics would make many characters look stupid or wouldn't fit with canon.

Chrysalis and Changelings ---> Stupid

Nightmare Rarity ---> Stupid

Somblestia -----> Stupid

And i haven't read all of them. There might be much more that annoys me. My 50 cents. :comeatus:

Edited by Gary S.
  • Brohoof 3

Nope. Not a fan. I've always thought there was a certain charm in Discord x Celestia ships, so that's my headcanon. It just feels right. DiscoPie is a fun playaround ship, and I simply can't get behind the DiscoShy shipping. But Dislestia sounds more sensible. Unless Somblestia becomes show canon, I won't be able to accept it as a ship I follow.

• Brohoof 2

I am very upset... :(

Well, it looks like i need a new best Pony...

At least it kills the Dislestia shipping.

But I like tolerate Dislestia!

Edited by Anti-Villain
  • Brohoof 2

AU Sombra looks gorgeous. Though my head canon for pre-corruption Sombra is quite different, I still like the design.

And to anyone freaking out about this, don't worry too much. From what I know, the comics aren't allowed to introduce new canon elements into the show. So unless DHX plans to reference the Mirror Universe or Good Kind Sombra in-show, (not likely,) this is going to end with both of them stuck on opposite sides of that mirror 'for the good of reality' or something.

I don't really consider the comics canon at all, anyway.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Yeah, this is really stupid-apparently Celestia IS just a lovestruck idiot whose romance with Sombra was more important than Luna...

Props to whoever predicted this on that other thread.

I would also like to add that I have lost a significant amount of respect for Celestia during this arc.

Edited by TimeLordRainbowDash
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

To those freaking out over how "stupid" Celestia is for this - bear in mind that she first stepped into the AU world (and presumably met Nice Sombra) over a thousand years ago. She was young. Haven't you ever done anything dumb in your youth? She probably does know better now, but she's already let herself fall in love.

Personally, I'm cool with it. I still prefer Dislestia, though.

Edited by Miss Reaper

To those freaking out over how "stupid" Celestia is for this - bear in mind that she first stepped into the AU world (and presumably met Nice Sombra) over a thousand years ago. She was young. Haven't you ever done anything dumb in your youth? She probably does know better now, but she's already let herself fall in love.

Personally, I'm cool with it. I still prefer Dislestia, though.

Not really, she's still being a lovestruck idiot as she's possibly endangering the lives of her kingdom, the mane 6 and spike, and possibly herself and her sister too by trying to change the AU princesses to save Sombra. Also, the comic is portraying Luna's betrayal in a better light by using this romance as a means to showcase why Celestia couldn't see the signs, which pisses me off.

• Brohoof 3

The last issue made it pretty clear that was the case.

post-3094-0-69867500-1398951604.png

I can see Celestia longing for a stallion that is her equal, and Sombra is the only pony we know of that even comes close.

I'm working on a fanfic with an OC that I think is a good match for Celestia.

• 3 months later...

All I will say is that I am a BIG FAN of this shipping.

• Brohoof 1