G1 fan club

_Kurtis

G1 Applejack is a silly pony.  :P  Applesauce!

I have a Twinkle Eyed Pony in my collection (Sky Rocket). I'm not trying to be biased because G1 is my favorite gen, but the G1 toys are my favorite; they're so well crafted and painted, and all of them are so beautiful! I do have some G4 toys as well, but not many. Just some mini figures and an Applejack Beenie Baby.

the pictures I've seen of the toys do look adorable and at 36 the gems for eyes thing doesn't creep me out anywhere near as much as it did at 6 lol

• Brohoof 1

thejlmle2_zps98689217.png

:huh:  :toldya:  :smug:  :wat:         Nightmare Night Fan Club        :pout:  :proud:  :please:  :confused:

signature by Scootaloodle

I think it is time to give my favorite G1 pony Firefly some love, she was the basis for my 2nd favorite G4 pony Rainbow Dash.

img-2768812-1-firefly_by_hollowzero-d7c9

img-2768812-2-mlp_firefly_and_rainbow_da

img-2768812-3-firefly_by_togekisser-d5n5

img-2768812-4-81aa539e758fc82c53cef5cd00

Firefly is awesome, she even sang a song!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I'm trying to ask the Admins to set up a separate sub forum for the pre-G4 fans! What do you guys think?

That would be a grand idea, but I don't think there are many pre-G4 fans on this site other than us.  :(

(And the people who post in this fan club but there aren't much that do)

Edited by 80s Pony
  • Brohoof 1

That would be a grand idea, but I don't think there are many pre-G4 fans on this site other than us.  :(

(And the people who post in this fan club but there aren't much that do)

True; but it would make it more visible... I mentioned this club to someone yesterday and they said they'd never heard of it; and it was a G1 fan... Maybe more people will see it and become active with a little more "advertising?"
  • Brohoof 1

:huh:  :toldya:  :smug:  :wat:         Nightmare Night Fan Club        :pout:  :proud:  :please:  :confused:

(edited)

True; but it would make it more visible... I mentioned this club to someone yesterday and they said they'd never heard of it; and it was a G1 fan... Maybe more people will see it and become active with a little more "advertising?"

You're right. Plus, it would make it a little less limited for fans because this is a FiM forum, and FiM isn't the only gen of My Little Pony. I barley see any G1-G3.5 forums let alone the thousands of FiM forums.

Edited by 80s Pony
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Would be nice to have a sub section or sub forum. At the least there may be a thread for each previous version, 1 thread for g1, another for my little pony tales, ect. 

Edited by Kulstor
  • Brohoof 3

Aqw7tpc.png

A place where I can finally express my love for G1 around folks who might actually know what I am talking about!

I've been binge-watching G1 like an addict, just like I did with G4, so that I can catch up on all the characters, villains, and story arcs.

So far, Wind Whistler is definitely my favorite pony, with Morning Glory being a close second.

tumblr_mru4loxVMr1r2u7p0o1_500.jpg

As for favorite villains, there are just too many to choose from. Right now, I'm sort of hooked on that song Porcina sung with the Raptorians "Look at Me", and so I'm thinking the Raptorians are my favorite villains right now. I love their goofy dynamic, and I think their evil laughter is freaking spooky.

img-2233033-4-174312__safe_screencap_g1_

But of course some other villains I enjoy are Hydia and her daughters, Grogar, and Queen Bumble and her servants.

My favorite song so far is a tough one, as there were actually a lot that stuck out to me. I think I'll go with "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet", since it has that awesome electric guitar in the background and Squirk is actually a pretty frightening villain with a lot of power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw4q5kD_0FI

• Brohoof 3

RainblowHash.gif

#bringbackmerriwetherwillaims

A place where I can finally express my love for G1 around folks who might actually know what I am talking about!

I've been binge-watching G1 like an addict, just like I did with G4, so that I can catch up on all the characters, villains, and story arcs.

So far, Wind Whistler is definitely my favorite pony, with Morning Glory being a close second.

img-2774793-1-tumblr_mru4loxVMr1r2u7p0o1

As for favorite villains, there are just too many to choose from. Right now, I'm sort of hooked on that song Porcina sung with the Raptorians "Look at Me", and so I'm thinking the Raptorians are my favorite villains right now. I love their goofy dynamic, and I think their evil laughter is freaking spooky.

img-2233033-4-174312__safe_screencap_g1_

But of course some other villains I enjoy are Hydia and her daughters, Grogar, and Queen Bumble and her servants.

My favorite song so far is a tough one, as there were actually a lot that stuck out to me. I think I'll go with "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet", since it has that awesome electric guitar in the background and Squirk is actually a pretty frightening villain with a lot of power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw4q5kD_0FI

A lot of people seem to love Wind Whistler. (I can see why)

Did you know that her french name is "Snifflebizz"?

• Brohoof 2

A lot of people seem to love Wind Whistler. (I can see why)

Did you know that her french name is "Snifflebizz"?

I did not know that; but Spockpony Wind Whistler was pretty awesome!

post-26689-0-39439000-1403718244.png

My favorite G1 is Fizzy though

post-26689-0-66865200-1403718254.gifpost-26689-0-50590700-1403718248_thumb.png

And BartSimpsonpony Gusty was cool too!

post-26689-0-19016200-1403718252_thumb.jpg

Wonders what the french name for these ponies was...

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I did not know that; but Spockpony Wind Whistler was pretty awesome!

attachicon.giffim_style_windwhistler__by_deathdog3000-d3cmyy9.png

My favorite G1 is Fizzy though

attachicon.giffizzy_by_starsteppony-d4mclh8.gifattachicon.gif81fc6b4e00f2189d0bfabc252358cdcc-d5tvgwu.png

And BartSimpsonpony Gusty was cool too!

attachicon.gifGusty_by_landesfes.jpg

Wonders what the french name for these ponies was...

-Has no idea what the french names for Gusty and Fizzy are-

Still speaking of Wind Whistler, I remember this funny picture of her I saw...

295311h.jpg

Do you have any favorite ponies from the Rescue at Midnight Castle special? //Other than Firefly, that is.

Mine would have to be Bowtie.  :wub: (Baby Ember is a close second)

28lffkh.png

Edited by 80s Pony
  • Brohoof 2

That sure is a well-drawn picture!  :o

I was wondering, Paige, do you have any G1 toys?

No, but my Mom does! She watched MLP from the very beginning in 1984.

• Brohoof 1

post-8308-0-66561800-1384115058_zps8a951

Beautiful, Stylish, Fabulous AND evil! What more could you want?
(Thanks Kyoshi for letting everyone use your sigs!)

(edited)

Cool!

May I ask which ones, or is it a collection?

My Mom's got a big collection! Most of the ponies are my three sisters though! In fact I'm now the only one who likes MLP. Which is ironic because I HATED it when I was a kid! Edited by Rarity Paige Belle
  • Brohoof 1

post-8308-0-66561800-1384115058_zps8a951

Beautiful, Stylish, Fabulous AND evil! What more could you want?
(Thanks Kyoshi for letting everyone use your sigs!)

My Mom's got a big collection! Most of the ponies are my three sisters though! In fact I'm now the only one who likes MLP. Which is ironic because I HATED it when I was a kid!

You hated it as a kid? Why is that?  :wacko:

• Brohoof 1