G1 fan club

_Kurtis

To bad more don't take G1 seriously.

It's just the stereotypical image of it that puts people off I believe. I was the same way before I became a Brony when it comes to G4 because I thought it was going to be very dull and cheesy. I was pleasantly surprised when I checked out both G4 and later on G1, so I think if more Bronies just went into it with an open mind, they'd see that the series was actually pretty good, despite some animation hiccups along the way.

G1 is far from perfect, but it's not some monstrous abomination as some Bronies make it out to be. So much of G4 came from G1 that it seems a bit unfair to bash G1 blindly as some do. I understand watching it and not liking it, that's cool, but if you haven't seen it, it makes no sense to talk trash about it.

• Brohoof 3

RainblowHash.gif

#bringbackmerriwetherwillaims

To bad more don't take G1 seriously.

I think once Tirek made his appearance in G4 a few more people began to take it seriously. It makes me wonder what a G4 take on Grogar would be like, the very thought of gives me a huge fangasm. Here is Tireks G1 scenes.

And a nicely done history of Tirek

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

What I always liked about the 1st generation is that it made you think.

The 4th generation is pretty obvious, the morals are spit in front of your faces, while the morals in G1 were more subtle, and in the background. It was an intelligent move.

-

For example, in the very first episode, the ponies confront the biggest threat there can be: Pure evil. And what villain has ever been defined to be "Pure evil"? Satan, of course. The G1 creators smartly designed Tirek to look the part as a satanic character, because to begin the series, the ponies would have to prove their goodness and care for all that is love, friendship, etc, and that was defeating the worst thing possible.

I also liked that they preserved some human expression on Tirek, that made him look more devious than any other thing on the MLP franchise, while having some relation to the fantasy mythos unicorns, pegasus and other creatures where in, since Tirek was a centaur, but with demonic horns.

And even if that's not the case, Tirek used the Rainbow of Darkness to corrupt everything, just like Satan does.

-

Aside from that, there was always a balance between the darkness coming from the very mature villains and the light-hearted and funny moments coming from the ponies.

The morals were excellent too, Catrina was a perfect example of someone who had to go past drug addiction.

-

G1 is the most underrated generation of MLP for the G4 bronies. They really underestimate the previous generations, they were far mor mature than the childish Friendship is Magic. Have to respect it, though.

• Brohoof 3

Overlord of Darkness

pA8aD3G.gif

Signature made by: Astral Blitzen

http://mlpforums.com/user/24786-astral-blitzen/

Surprised I haven't said anything in here yet cause I too grew up on G1.

I happen to really like this series and thought about it about much the same as those who do for FIM now a days... (well the "cleaner" side anyway) lol

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found these images, they're pretty accurate and good to me.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0hah7wL291qj7gpko1_500.png

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/8c/f8/5e/8cf85e6d2482d66225c2df0c57d7598b.jpg

Edited by Darker
  • Brohoof 1

Overlord of Darkness

pA8aD3G.gif

Signature made by: Astral Blitzen

http://mlpforums.com/user/24786-astral-blitzen/

I love all gens of MLP so I can't really agree with the first one; but that second pic is awesome! I'm sure everypony knows the history involved in it so I won't ramble on...

thejlmle2_zps98689217.png

:huh:  :toldya:  :smug:  :wat:         Nightmare Night Fan Club        :pout:  :proud:  :please:  :confused:

signature by Scootaloodle

• 3 weeks later...

omg thanks for the dreamcastle pic, i couldnt see it on my tablet X3 

love the gif :D so many good memories from G1! i dont know about you, but i still remember getting my Dream Castle when i was 3, it was actually a hand-me-down from a cousin. BEST.GIFT.EVER.

• Brohoof 2

omg thanks for the dreamcastle pic, i couldnt see it on my tablet X3 

love the gif :D so many good memories from G1! i dont know about you, but i still remember getting my Dream Castle when i was 3, it was actually a hand-me-down from a cousin. BEST.GIFT.EVER.

I actually added it after you brohoofed the post... Your name took a moment to soak in lol... One day I'm going to make a dream castle for my brushables... I just need to get motivated to do crafts again...

thejlmle2_zps98689217.png

:huh:  :toldya:  :smug:  :wat:         Nightmare Night Fan Club        :pout:  :proud:  :please:  :confused:

signature by Scootaloodle

I actually added it after you brohoofed the post... Your name took a moment to soak in lol... One day I'm going to make a dream castle for my brushables... I just need to get motivated to do crafts again...

you want to make one? sounds very intense and AWSOME! i support your dream castle building endeavors! Someone get this pony some foamcore and a glue gun! XD

Well, we have a new fan, and he/she's very excited.

Good, that's something we need in this thread.

Yes indeed i am! Its just really refreshing to talk about a common interest :3 

• Brohoof 1