Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do some Bronies think Ponies actually exist?

Bendy

Do you believe MLP FIM Ponies exist or not?  

126 users have voted

1. 1. Do you believe MLP FIM Ponies exist or not?

• No. I don't think they exist.
    • Yes. I think they exist.

I was reading some sort of pony/angel religion thing by some random guy on the internet a few days ago. Apparently, we go to heaven with either:

Wings (Pegasi)

Halo (Unicorns)

or nothing (Earth Ponies)

It's actually pretty interesting. o.O

(edited)

Of course ponies exist.  I see them every time I drive out to the houses that are zoned for farming   ;)

But seriously, I don't think any beings can be DISPROVEN, so I would never say something doesn't exist.  Just like we're finding species that we thought were exitinct coming back.  And even things we didn't think existed ever, well, you never really know.  

Edited by ScumCandy
  • Brohoof 1

As stated before the multiple universe theory pretty much makes anything possible. Also lets do not forget about my favorite # i. i pretty much proves that anything imaginary actually does exists.

(edited)

I think you may be confusing some bronies' desire for ponies to exist with them actually believing they exist. A lot of us wish that Equestria were a real place that we could (unrealistically) hope to one day visit, but most of us are more down-to-earth than to think it actually exists somewhere within our universe. It's a world born of writers' imagination and nothing more.

With that said, however, I'd like to discredit the thought that the multiverse theory is "madness" by pointing out that nothing we're familiar with ever truly turns out to be unique. Our planet? Nope; planets are everywhere, and to believe that ours is the only one in the universe that could possibly house intelligent life would be arrogant and ignorant of statistical probablility. Our Sun? Nope; there are plenty more just like it. Solar system? Nope, more just like it. Galaxy? Nope, Chuck Testa more just like it. Quite simply, we have philosophical precedent to dismiss the idea that the universe in which we live is unique.

So yes, Equestria could conceivably exist in some distant alternate universe, but even if we could know this for certain, that knowledge would be moot since A.) the technology for interuniversal travel won't exist within any of our lifetimes, and B.) even if it did, it'd most likely be a terrible idea to actually go to another universe. If the laws of physics vary from universe to universe - and the physics of MLP's world are clearly nowhere near our own - then traveling from our universe to theirs would likely wreak unimaginable havoc upon our atoms, which are specifically attuned to the laws of this universe. You'd probably be spaghettified, exploded, even simply farted out of existence the moment you got there.

Edited by The Thrashy One
  • Brohoof 1

Yes because of the multiple universe theory everything does exist. Even the things we hate. In one version of our universe Hitler won world war two, but in the other he lost. It just happens that imaginary things get affected by this too making them not imaginary.

(edited)

They exist on a TV show...

Anyone who actually thinks they'll ever meet fictional characters like MLPFiM ponies is probably needs to get in touch with reality a bit better, sorry to say. :huh:

20130628202736!Rarity_begging_2_S1E20.pn

Although I will admit, I have dreamed before of what it would be like to be transported to Equestria somehow so I can see where people who think that way would be coming from... but I've never actually believed that it could really happen. ;)

Edited by Radiance64

Do some bronies believe that MLP ponies exist? Why of course they do, and I'll tell you why. If you say "Hey, does anyone believe in *insert thing here*?" and throw that message out to the world, chances are at least one person will say yes, no matter how utterly fantastical/ridiculous that thing may be. It is human nature to believe in what we cannot know for absolute certain, so people believe in strange things and that's really all there is to say on the matter :)

As for me, I believe in everything, in a meta-hippy-starchild sorta way :P I am but a lowly human, so all I can do is live by reality's rules and know what I know based on that. Everything beyond my capacity of understanding is just simply that :3

Although I will admit, I have dreamed before of what it would be like to be transported to Equestria somehow so I can see where people who think that way would be coming from... but I've never actually believed that it could really happen. ;)

Yes even with the multiple universe theory one must understand that they will never ever ever get to see unicorns and such ever.

I'm sure that they exist somewhere, or even if the ones from the show don't exist, I'm sure there's a dimension where there are ponies like the ones from the show somewhere. Remember, this is just one plane of existence, there are also the 7 upper realms of creation, and the 7 lower realms of creation. The 1st floor of the lower realms is where elves, faeries, gnomes, pixies, sprites, brownies, unicorns, etc exist, and I think that on the 2nd floor, there are thought forms, wizards, dragons, giants, etc. Also, people have reported dreams where Princess Luna gave them advice that helped them in the next day, and I had a dream where Rainbow Dash gave me a pep talk when I was feeling down. So I'm sure that they do exist.

I don't think, they exist (obviously), You know... they were made in one person's mind for this specific show, that would be quite an aim if Lauren Faust accidentaly made a cartoon about creatures living somewhere far away in universe. Certainly an awesome aim, but really, chances are at 0 for me (maybe 0,000000000001% as I always say, that You can never be too sure about anything). 

Well... at the same time one can also say that they do exist in TV show xD From certain point of view it is an legit opinion, isn't it? XD

Do some Bronies think Ponies actually exist? Do you believe MLP FIM Ponies exist or not?   It sure feels like some people do, in the way some Bronies behave I've met online.

For curiosity's sake, where have you met said bronies?

the mlp ponies, as in twi and all the ponies we know in equestria? i love the idea, even though its unlikely.

Now, a sapient race of ponies that look like the mlp ponies and use telekinetics in place of hands?

its possible, although an anthro race that look like bipedal mlp ponies might be more likely.

i do wish twilight and her friends existed though.

Define 'exist'...

The cartoon characters 'exist', in that I can see them on TV. In order for me to see the shows, the shows must exist. Unless I'm hallucinating FiM completely, which is not outside the realm of possibilities to be honest.

And if DHX is creating these shows, the characters must 'exist' in the collective imaginations of the creators... and the watchers. So if you allow for the philosophy of the collective unconscious, the characters exist there.

And I see ponies every day, given next door has several miniature horses, ponies, and regular horses. (My two horses are not ponies, so they don't count) They're not MLP ponies, but they're still ponies.

So unfortunately, the question is poorly formed so that I cannot answer.

Other than I do believe that there is a small number of 'Bronies' who believe that MLP:FiM ponies have a physical existence in this world. More power to them.

(edited)

Define 'exist'...

The cartoon characters 'exist', in that I can see them on TV. In order for me to see the shows, the shows must exist. Unless I'm hallucinating FiM completely, which is not outside the realm of possibilities to be honest.

And if DHX is creating these shows, the characters must 'exist' in the collective imaginations of the creators... and the watchers. So if you allow for the philosophy of the collective unconscious, the characters exist there.

And I see ponies every day, given next door has several miniature horses, ponies, and regular horses. (My two horses are not ponies, so they don't count) They're not MLP ponies, but they're still ponies.

So unfortunately, the question is poorly formed so that I cannot answer.

Other than I do believe that there is a small number of 'Bronies' who believe that MLP:FiM ponies have a physical existence in this world. More power to them.

Ooooh. I Could defy my teacher with that theory!!! Collective Unconscious. Because i think you are going to disagree with me that Matter cannot be created or destroyed. Unobtanium is matter. And it was Created. Therefore. As a result. Unobtanium was not created thanks to a paradox solution. And it existed before it was even created!!! Therefore in a seperate universe the Ponies must exist. ''God works in mysterious ways. Mysterious ways''. Not even science can be accurate. I Mean my teacher is trying to say. ''Energy cannot be created or destroyed''. Whereas matter can. But Matter changes states and therefore cannot be created. And i don't think anyone will believe this. But Antoine Lavoisier's Theory of the Conservation of Mass should also apply to fiction. And Newton's basic laws. And even with those theories disproved. There is still a(Very tiny) Chance that the universe contains a planet with English speaking ponies with a structured culture and are almost as advanced as us. In MLP i have never seen TV's or Computers. But Yacht's and Fans exist. And a way to make milk chocolate. If this is true. Then we can muck about in those universes. My sister believes that heaven is what you want it to be. But i believe you can teleport between heavens. And if all the universes merged with each other like the ''Singularity'' in FF8. Then the universe would actually collapse in on itself. This means that time travel is possible. In the past as well. Nothing is impossible. I Have seen that Rene Courdris and his channeler wife Mirabelle contact the aliens from the Autopsy film from Roswell. Which mean's that they were real aliens. Not dolls as believed. And if they were. What more than the infinite possibilities of nature? I Could get a portal device and jump in new york!!! And make life easier with the notepad from Scribblenauts and whatever technology i want from seperate universes!!! So. What do you think?

Edited by 41Hornet

Let me do something very simple here. We have an infinite multiverse. Why? Because nothing cannot exist. There always has to be somehing. Where there is no air or anything at all that we currently comprehend, there is still the fabric of space-time. The multiverse is thus infinite. Now, with an infinite multiverse, we can do this: Inifnity X Probability = Everything. Everything exists, has existed and will exist in every single possible way, shape and form.

Congratulations, there is an infinity of different universes with ponies in them, each with their own small or large differences, but there is also an infinity of universes without ponies.

GG.

No however I do partly believe in unicorn/pegasi I am not saying I actually believe-believe in them however there is chances we don't know and same with the ponies we will never know for sure but hey we know two things for sure

ponies exist by heart

the magic of friendship is true by far :)