Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ScarfaceOne

Tirek was originally not a powerful monster-monkey/cow thingy as he was in G4, he had only one weapon, the Rainbow of Darkness, which would either be compared or be similar in power as the Elements of Harmony, since that Rainbow is made of pure evil.

Grogar in G1 was easily the most powerful in the show, only second to the Smooze that appeared before in the movie, he was able to control the magical horns of the Unicorns and make them unuseful, andalso was one of the most intelligent villains, he set traps and could get into dreams, just like Luna. Grogar had an impressive amount of power, but it was only from the bell he had in his collar. The same bell connected to the other powerful bell in his tower that kept him trapped in another dimension fro about 500 years or so.

Yeah, he might not seem like it, but he's friggin' powerful. More than G4 Tirek before absorbing the Alicorns' powers I would say. HIt also helps that he's ruthless and dark-hearted more than most villains in the show, in comparison with Lavan, Arabus or the Witches.

They can't bring the Smooze back because let's face it, nothing can stop it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CnOysetlQw

No, the smooze can be defeated by flutterponies.

IMO, Sombra was the most "orderly" villain.

Similar but I'm talking about someone with power on Discord's level.  We can see them play up the idea that the extreme of order and the extreme of chaos can both be extremely bad.

Similar but I'm talking about someone with power on Discord's level.  We can see them play up the idea that the extreme of order and the extreme of chaos can both be extremely bad.

Still, Sombra came closer to all that than NMM or Chrysalis.

Edited by A.V.

I personally think the next antagonist should be either be: an Earth Pony or a pegasus, as seeing we already had both an Alicorn (Nightmare Moon) and a Unicorn pony (King Sombra) as antagonists. I know that's a bit of a letdown, but they could become formidable foes.

Personally I'm hoping for Discord's opposite.  A totalitarian, dictarorial spirit of law.

You mean Celestia? *Ba dum tss*

I'm joking, of course. Celestia is awesome, and her Machiavellian power-playish moments are signs that she knows what she's doing as a ruler.

For the record, my money's on The Smooze showing up.

Edited by Asquerade

I'm joking, of course. Celestia is awesome, and her Machiavellian power-playish moments are signs that she knows what she's doing as a ruler.

Well the ideal would be somepony on a power level equal to Discord and (to truly have me nerding out) voiced by Patrick Stewart.

What about an entire nation instead of just one being? Could be the "faraway land" Scorpan is from or somewhere entirely unheard of as of yet.

Edited by rpc8169

What if the Smooze is done Parasite Eve style and it's actual ponies being transformed into the slime.

A start would be news of ghost towns with missing ponies mysteriously disappearing for a set amount of time.

My Theory: Season 5 All the villains unite.

OMG I would love that to happen. But it's unlikely considering the writers. Plus Sombra is dead. But it did happen in an episode of Loonatics Unleashed. But I would rather have the Smooze. Because it is Giygas!!!

A villain that has ties to Spike. An evil Dragon Master who has the ability to control dragons and want to use them to wipe out Equestria to bring forth a savage land ruled by dragons. Spike falls under his control, finds out about his parents fate, and undergoes some changes.

Personally I'd like to see a villain for the whole season arc.

One we've never seen before, a new threat!

This right here. I want a villian that gets build up through the whole season and then the season finale is the big climax. That's what they should've done with Chrysalis and the changelings imo

This right here. I want a villian that gets build up through the whole season and then the season finale is the big climax. That's what they should've done with Chrysalis and the changelings imo

I would actually like a villain who stalks the ponies and appears at the end of every episode or in the middle. Kind of like Missy from Doctor Who. Just imagine, slenderpony. Stalking the ponies and appearing mysteriously in every episode that eventually, the final 10 episodes will have Ponies children being kidnapped and the ponies having to find all the notes(keys) and kill slendy. It would be brilliant. Not sure if parents(stupid moral guardians) will approve though.

I would actually like a villain who stalks the ponies and appears at the end of every episode or in the middle. Kind of like Missy from Doctor Who. Just imagine, slenderpony. Stalking the ponies and appearing mysteriously in every episode that eventually, the final 10 episodes will have Ponies children being kidnapped and the ponies having to find all the notes(keys) and kill slendy. It would be brilliant. Not sure if parents(stupid moral guardians) will approve though.

I think it'd be better if they made their own villain rather than use one from a lame creepypasta

With what we were shown on the preview clips from Comic-Con, we can't really piece together who the new villain can be for season 5 but I'm hoping/ thinking that the new villain can/should be everything that the Mane 6 have faced put into one being that could really test their friendship and what they have learned in the last 4 years to a breaking limit.

However, we don't know for sure since we were given no information about the villain yet.