Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music What would be your life soundtrack?

Misty Rose

So I had another crazy thought today. I was listening to My Immortal by Evanescence on the way to the first stop on the excursion I went on today, and I realized it was one of the songs I could use to describe my current point in life, sad piano music and all ^_^ That got me to thinking what songs other people would use to define their existence :P

So currently I would say that song, Hurt by Christina Aguilera, Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler, and many more would be a perfect soundtrack to accompany my life if it were a movie ^_^ (As boring as it would be :eww:) For the old and happier days I guess Walking on Sunshine and other happy tunes would fit the bill ^_^

So what about you? What's your life soundtrack? :)

• Brohoof 1

Well normally it'll just be some random classical music to go along with my life but when I'm protecting someone it feels like this:

The feeling of your blood rushing and all the strength you get when you're defending someone you care about is immense and amazing.

• Brohoof 1

Prooooooobably that! I've always craved something more and...well have kinda had people hold me back at times. It really speaks to me...though I'm sure it would for many...since it's absolutely beautiful!!!!!! I also watched Treasure Planet religiously as a wee one and both it and that song have never gotten old!

Edited by Fire Sky
  • Brohoof 1

Optimistically: Unwritten - Natasha Beddingfield, Dreamer - Chris Brown

Harshly realistic: Brick by Boring Brick - Paramore

On good days: Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall, Shine On - James Blunt

On bad: Dark Side - Kelly Clarkson, Black Star - Avril Lavigne

I have posted this first song many times, but it is so incredibly beautiful that it would be the first song for my life.

https://youtu.be/uN3yqMr3ffY

I especially love a particular line towards the end, "Redeem me into childhood, show me myself without a shell." Matches me perfectly.

Then there is this one which matches my life decently well right now, mainly because of some of the lyrics.

https://youtu.be/NDix79LuVF8

There are some people in my family that I currently am not too happy with and some of the lyrics can describe how I feel.

Those two currently match my life well. Ghost Love Score is always on the list. Then there is the song 'Everything Dies' by Type-O-Negative, One More Day by Sentenced, and Rusted by Psyclon Nine. Those 3 are ones for when I am feeling really down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sK2pp2Vkto

Breaking Benjamin's "Until the end" would be the song I'd decide as my soundtrack. Edgy teenager me aside, I've been through a lot in my life. I've done things I'm not proud of, and wronged plenty of people along the way. Past potential suicide, self-loathing, and self mutilation, I've always kept moving. I have to keep moving, I refuse to ever give up. It's just not who I am, there's too much in life I want to experience.

(edited)

These are all some great choices guys :D

I should also add that The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel is another appropriate tune for my current state :P

Edited by Pink Mist

Hearts as Strong as Horses from MLP

Glen Miller's Little Brown Jug or something like that

The last two are special because I listened to them while reading some very good MLP fanfics that have changed my life; the others are special because of the songs (lyrics/etc.) themselves.

what I think probably describes my life in terms of all of my aspirations  :D

and thats for my obsession with music and blood rages!  B)

Please don't hurt me.  Rick Astley perfectly illustrates my arrogance and tendency to never give things up whether it be a love interest or a new video game. Matt Mulholland, artist of the genius known as "My Heart Will Go On - Recorder Version" evokes emotions that don't normally come to me when watching music videos.  My Heart Will Go On is something more, it had me on the ground crying because of its amazing aesthetics and visuals mixed in with passion that I have never seen before.  Both of these videos represent my life and the trials I have overcome to become who I am today.  I am in debt to these people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-H5tpzKoZA

This is the most beautiful song I've ever heard and I can relate to the lyrics a lot... If I had to choose one song to represent my entire life it would probably be this one. :(

Even though this is not really my kind of music, the lyrics really apply to me and it made me relate to Sunset Shimmer even more.

Vanilla Twilight by Owl City makes me think of all the people I miss.

And last but not least, Pinkie Pie's smile song because I love making other people happy.

The Black Keys - Brothers. The whole LP. Everlasting Light for when I'm utterly lovestruck. Next Girl when I'm a bit angsty. Howlin' for You when I'm lovestruck but feeling more confident. She's Long Gone and Black Mud for whenever I feel cool as heck. Too Afraid to Love You for my darker days. Unknown Brother for when I get all nostalgic. Sinister Kid for when I feel particularly smug. These Days for when I need a shelter from reality.