Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Adult references in MLP

Harpuia

The whole "The punch has been Spiked!" thing from "Owl's Well that Ends Well". Also when Discord took Celestia's tail in "Princess Twilight Sparkle". I dunno, it seemed a bit suggestive to me. And the James Bond reference in "MMMystery on the Friendship Express". Some people also think that it was suggestive when Rainbow Dash flew away with the Wonderbolts at the end of "Sonic Rainboom" claiming that she had "plans"...

• Brohoof 2

Simple Ways is chock full o' this, especially this moment (as Trendy Hipster gawked at Applejack):

img-2289315-1-tumblr_n0p36g4wGy1rd23b5o1

WTF what the actual buck. :angry:

That is strangely hilarious :lol: . I guess that how the entertain both age groups.

• Brohoof 3

Simple Ways is chock full o' this, especially this moment (as Trendy Hipster gawked at Applejack):

img-2289315-1-tumblr_n0p36g4wGy1rd23b5o1

Dat swallowing animation. I can tell someone had fun animating this, haha.

And let's not forget Rarity screaming "WELL CONGRATUPONYLATIONS" in Rarity Takes Manehattan :D

• Brohoof 2

That joke about Mrs. Cake cheating in the beginning of Baby Cakes when they ask how they got a Unicorn and a Pegasus as kids.

This is it:

It's funny because of that look at the end makes it seem like something is covered up, lmao.

• Brohoof 9

(edited)

The first scene in "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000", when Rainbow pulls off Fluttershy's blanket and she blushes,

Pinkie's joke in "Owl's Well That Ends Well" "And now the punch has been spiked!"

In the first episode when Spike has the lamp shade on his head, Rarity's 'edible boots' in "One Bad Apple", In "Keep Calm and Flutter On", Mr. Beaverton Beeverteeth says something in beaver and Fluttershy replies "Such language!", The parasprites on Rainbow's privates in "Swarm of the Century", Mr. Cakes explaining of Pound Cakes and Pumpkin Cakes genetic history in "Baby Cakes" XD.

Also something similar in "It Ain't Easy Being Breezies" when Seabreeze says something in breezie and Fluttershy doesn't want to tell Applejack what was said. And two times when Discord has mooned the ponies (Princess Twilight Sparkle pt 1, Three's A Crowd).

Ooh! And of course, sweaty, dirty Applejack in "Simple Ways" XD.

That's all I've seen so far unless you count Pinkie's clothing in "Over A Barrel", Discord's reference to "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", Pinkie running around 'topless' in "Rainbow Falls", Huffy the Magic Dragon (That could be a reference to "Puff the Magic Dragon", but still) and background ponies doing things that may or may not have been intentionally adultish.

Can't remember the episode

Pinkie: And now the punch has been...Spiked! :lol:

The episode was "Owl's Well That Ends Well :) Edited by DiscordedBrony
  • Brohoof 3

This is it:

It's funny because of that look at the end makes it seem like something is covered up, lmao.

Oh goddamn yes, haha, I can't believe I didn't remember that. That's pretty much my favorite part of the episode.

• Brohoof 1

Saddles, enough said.

To myself anyways they seem like a type of underwear due to serving no reasonable function on a pony, in a world dominated by ponies. Since they've only been shown once to my knowledge for one quick scene in Winter Wrap Up, I always refer to it as that one time Twilight Sparkle got so excited, she ran out in her underwear... at 3am in the morning. Not to mention toys that feature saddles seem a tad dubious at best. Then again, it could just be me. Though Pinkie Pie in a saddle with a short frill at the back...

Excuse me for one moment... alright, back. Had to tie down my wings.

Another Twilight Sparkle moment of weirdness was in Lesson Zero, when she mentions that the Want It, Need It spell "works everytime!"

Between your neglectful use of potent mind controlling magic and saddles, what are you getting at Twilight? Is there something you'd like to confess but the censors wouldn't allow? Hmm? HMMM?! Nah, just playing with ya. We love you!

Also I forgot the episode titles, but there was one or two episodes where they played a horse sound that I think was a cover up for a cuss word/phrase. That actually got a laugh out of me.

You also can't forget references to more adult movies and games, such as The Big Lebowski, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Patton and the Metal Gear and Splinter Cell franchises to name a few as well older children's titles such as Mary Poppins and even from some classic and nostalgic cartoons that the adults would get straight away.

Oh, also before I go, let's just say there's a few more that I probably shouldn't go into detail about. They're there if you know where to look and what to look for. ;) Happy hunting you crazy pony people you! :)

Fun fact: Ponies in the show aren't "strictly herbviores" and are shown fishing and preparing eggs. They also have pets that predomently/strictly consume the meat of other animals such as dogs, cats, alligators and owls.

(edited)

Its also a song which referenced drugs.

This is funny because the reference works that way only because of what the public believes. Peter, Paul and Mary have always maintained that that is a silly urban legend and completely had nothing to do with drugs and drug references.

So the reference in MLP may actually not be adult in nature at all.

Edited by Jeric
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Not sure if this counts or not, as it may not be intentional. But this happened.

It was intentional, that's one of my favorite scenes ever.

Here's the gif.

Edited by Blobulle

In the beginning of the Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, RD rips off Fluttershy's blanket and Fluttershy gets embarrassed.

In that same episode, a stallion complains with the Flim Flam bros and says shit in another language (no, not implied like "horseapples", it literally means shit)  

• Brohoof 1