Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If I prefer G1 over FiM, am I a 'true' Brony?

Rarity Paige Belle

(edited)

orly.jpg

Even the infamous and eye gouging Gen 3?? 

I'm not saying you gotta watch it and love it, just respect it for shaping MLP to what it is today.  :P

Edited by 80s Pony
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not saying you gotta watch it and love it, just respect it for shaping MLP to what it is today.  :P

Good,because im totally never watching it lol. An I respect it...for being so terrible that the quality of G4 was a must  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

Good,because im totally never watching it lol. An I respect it...for being so terrible that the quality of G4 was a must  :muffins:

I don't watch it much, either. But it still is a part of MLP and I won't hate on it.  :derp:

• Brohoof 1

I've always though "Brony" = "G4" myself - based on the Brony phenomenon was based around G4 and I always seen bronies referred to as "Fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic."

"Fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic."

I really think that's all that matters - I know there's quite a few bronies out there who have shows they like more than MLP: FiM; shows that aren't even related to the MLP Franchise :D So, hey, I guess it's as long as you like the show, you're a brony :D Doesn't matter if you like other shows more than MLP or not :D

• Brohoof 6

I've always though "Brony" = "G4" myself - based on the Brony phenomenon was based around G4 and I always seen bronies referred to as "Fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic."

"Fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic."

I really think that's all that matters - I know there's quite a few bronies out there who have shows they like more than MLP: FiM; shows that aren't even related to the MLP Franchise :D So, hey, I guess it's as long as you like the show, you're a brony :D Doesn't matter if you like other shows more than MLP or not :D

Gotta go with Ghostie on that, I always equated the term brony with FIM as well. Of course, everypony knows I personally love me some G1 too!

• Brohoof 1

There is no set definition on what a brony specifically is. For all I know, a brony could be someone who loves the toys but hates the cartoons.

"Brony" isn't necessarily something you need aspire to or weigh yourself against.  If you think of yourself as a Brony then thou art a Brony lol.  Maybe you were a Brony before Bronies even technically existed!  That makes you a...  Umm...  Proto-Brony!!

• Brohoof 1

Eh, really the way Brony is such a undefined term and label i don't think you should worry if your a "true brony" or not. If you want to be called a brony, feel free! If not, i'll try to remember not to call you it, or refer to you as such, but forgive me if I do, because I suck at remembering things ;p.

The whole Brony term and the things surrounding it technically came from the time around G4 and about G4, so technically it could be considered a purely G4 fan term, but again the whole Brony term is so loosely defined that I say it shouldn't matter, you can be called what you want, or just not really care either way, in the end it's really just a label that doesn't mean much, as long as you don't hate us all and we all still get along and what not.

Well brony is a colloquial term for "Male fan of My little pony". So I suppose so.

And not that it really matters much, being a brony is just being a fan, nothing more. The only importance that label has is the one you allow it to have.

G3 just has to be seen to be believed. It's hard to describe, but just imagine every bad stereotype of girls' entertainment made manifest, and then some.

G3 just has to be seen to be believed. It's hard to describe, but just imagine every bad stereotype of girls' entertainment made manifest, and then some.

When people describe the awfulness of G3 it makes me WANT to watch it lol.  I saw, like, five seconds of what passed for Rainbow Dash in G3...  Oh my dear pony gods.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5vmXFhOARI

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

True brony? That's the same as saying if you're a true fan... And there is no true fan, so there is no true brony.

You prefer G1 over FiM? That's excellent, FiM is overrated anyways and G1 was both mature and cute, a great cartoon to enjoy as kids and adults.

FiM is more for kids, there is nothing really brilliant about it. Only the animation, but it's the same kind of animation G3 and G3.5 used, only that these ones have better designs that include better facial expressions.

Oops, going Off-Topic here.

You have brilliant tase, my friend, keep enjoying your ponies with love and kindness... And everything nice... I gues...