Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What weapon would you take into battle?

Bronychan1214

@Original Suri

Lol I know dual wielding is a bad idea. It isn't real but I have come up with a better idea for my revolvers. I can have one of them and somehow cross my revolver  with a sniper rifle and make it a deadly long range weapon. And I know revolvers aren't that accurate that is what the sniper rifle parts are for so.... :P. Just to have fun.

The US did make revolver rifles pre-American Civil War, but apparently mixing a rifle and a revolver chamber wasn't a good idea. Revolver chambers also "flash", so there were cases of users getting their fingers burned off from the flash.

There are a small number of revolvers that can use the suppressor, such as the Nagant M1895, though for the most part, a suppressor on a revolver is practically useless unless you're able to create a closed chamber in a revolver so the flash only comes out of the muzzle.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

A sword made of liquid metal. It can turn into any kind of sword I want, a rapier, longsword, katana, tulwar, jian, etc. With a scabbard that can fire the weapon like a gun, allowing my to draw and slash with incredible speed and force.

Think of it like Sam's sword from Metal Gear Rising.

scabbard_to_sam_s_high_frequency_murasam

Only the blade is like the T-1000

" . . . . I like swords."

~Fighter

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

A sock full of D-cells (what else am I going to use them for?) and Titanfall's melee kick, because it's always with you and it's a ranged weapon.

Maybe a bit more seriously (ha)...? One of these, I guess. Why fight when you don't have to? The battle's already over.

img-2762452-1-MQ-9_Reaper_CBP.jpg

Gotta keep our borders safe.

Not to say your choice is "wrong" or anything, different strokes for different folks and all that.

However, I personally think it distasteful to not even look your foe. If you absolutely must kill a man in self-defense, have the courage and honor to at least look him in the face when you do it.

The current Nickelodeon lineup. Breadwinners, SpongeBob, Fanboy and Chum Chum, the works.

Does that really count as a weapon?

Edited by Steel Accord

(edited)

Now that I think of it, it actually isn't as much a weapon as it is an instrument of torture. It would violate the Geneva Convention if used in combat, but it'll get those terrorists talking!

How could I have missed Sanjay and Craig? That's the best one! They'll tell us where they're hiding before the end of the first episode!

Edited by ~Happy Gilda (WCP)
  • Brohoof 1

Now that I think of it, it actually isn't as much a weapon as it is an instrument of torture. It would violate the Geneva Convention if used in combat, but it'll get those terrorists talking!

How could I have missed Sanjay and Craig? That's the best one! They'll tell us where they're hiding before the end of the first episode!

Again, I have to question the usage of this. I mean, sure, mine is a liquid metal sword with a gun scabbard, but at least my over the top choice could actually be used in a fight.

Your's is . . . bad tv. Sit a guy in front of a tv and tell him to spill his secrets, that's not interrogation no matter how bad it is, it's not physically painful or frightening. You want interrogation material? Force them to watch David Lynch films in the dark.

Not to say your choice is "wrong" or anything, different strokes for different folks and all that.

However, I personally think it distasteful to not even look your foe. If you absolutely must kill a man in self-defense, have the courage and honor to at least look him in the face when you do it.

Understandable.

That being said, most of the weapons posted thus far leave anything they're aimed at not much more than smoking craters. Based on the title of this thread, I didn't assume self-defense.

• Brohoof 1

Again, I have to question the usage of this. I mean, sure, mine is a liquid metal sword with a gun scabbard, but at least my over the top choice could actually be used in a fight.

Your's is . . . bad tv. Sit a guy in front of a tv and tell him to spill his secrets, that's not interrogation no matter how bad it is, it's not physically painful or frightening. You want interrogation material? Force them to watch David Lynch films in the dark.

Come on, they don't all have to be serious.

• Brohoof 1

Understandable.

That being said, most of the weapons posted thus far leave anything they're aimed at not much more than smoking craters. Based on the title of this thread, I didn't assume self-defense.

No you're right. It is I who is not in the right frame of mind.

In my defense though, I'm a martial artist, not a soldier. Overwhelming force is a last resort to me. I'd rather lay someone out with one punch or kick and be done with it, but if they continue the fight past what I deem is too much for my own safety is when the gloves come off.

Come on, they don't all have to be serious.

As I said above, I'm the one who is in the wrong frame of mind here. Sincerest apologies.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

No you're right. It is I who is not in the right frame of mind.

In my defense though, I'm a martial artist, not a soldier. Overwhelming force is a last resort to me. I'd rather lay someone out with one punch or kick and be done with it, but if they continue the fight past what I deem is too much for my own safety is when the gloves come off.

As I said above, I'm the one who is in the wrong frame of mind here. Sincerest apologies.

If you look back a page or three, You can see me joking around about using a giant dildo on a bat as a deadly weapon. XD Edited by TheDarkMysteryMan
  • Brohoof 2

If you look back a page or three, You can see me joking around about using a giant dildo on a bat as a deadly weapon. XD

That has the flimsy justification that it does still function as a weapon, even if I'd take great joy at eviscerating it's wielder.  :ph34r:

I guess you might love this then

img-2763139-1-6958538865_014b149804.jpg

:blink:

Okay, that thing is fucking awesome!  :o  B)

If we were to be in an era where only melee weapons were allowed than I would take Rapier, a small sword that can swing extremely fast killing all plebs that think that bigger melee weapons are instantly better.

I don't like tampering with guns, and prefer it just the way it's supposed to look like.

Different strokes for different folks!  :)

Also..

Off topic:

IM SO HAPPY TO SEE A SURI POLOMARE FAN! :wub: 

I actually kind of liked her.  :P  

If we were to be in an era where only melee weapons were allowed than I would take Rapier, a small sword that can swing extremely fast killing all plebs that think that bigger melee weapons are instantly better.

Well to be honest, a rapier is better suited for fighting one opponent at a time, two in a pinch. Plus "swinging" one around would be pitifully effective. Rapiers could cut, but they were built specifically for stabbing motions in mind.

Longsword techniques are much faster than is common perception, and could be used for cutting, thrusting, or beating the enemy with the pommel. 

Killing all plebs that think a fighter with a bigger weapon is automatically less skilled than they are.

Longsword techniques are much faster than is common perception, and could be used for cutting, thrusting, or beating the enemy with the pommel. 

Like this? :blink: 

i miss that game sometimes.... :lol:  :blush:​ 

• Brohoof 1

Longsword techniques are much faster than is common perception, and could be used for cutting, thrusting, or beating the enemy with the pommel.    Killing all plebs that think a fighter with a bigger weapon is automatically less skilled than they are.

I know they're fast than people think they are, the techniques don't have the predictability that everyone thinks they do, buuuut as a long sword has more weight they will be slower and in most cases speed beats strength.

(edited)

Like this? :blink:

i miss that game sometimes.... :lol:  :blush:​ 

Nice facsimile, but I was referring to something more like this.

That sword in my avatar's mouth isn't there for show you know.

I know they're fast than people think they are, the techniques don't have the predictability that everyone thinks they do, buuuut as a long sword has more weight they will be slower and in most cases speed beats strength.

A functional longsword doesn't weigh that much though, only about two pounds, plus you are gripping it with both hands often held close to the body. Whereas a rapier is gripped with one hand and outstretched almost constantly.

Who's gonna get tired faster?

Look take it from a guy who's used both, I'd rather have the longsword.

Edited by Steel Accord