Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Equistria the most powerful nation in the world of MLP?

Azureth

I have always been curious, considering there is a lot more to the MLP world than Equestria is it that they are the most powerful nation, ala the U.S or are does it seem to be the biggest/most powerful since Equestria is the focus?

Since we only see stories regarding MLP in the land of Equestria I have been curious if, indeed in all of the WORLD of the MLP universe if indeed Equestria is the most powerful/prosperous out of all the nations or if it just seems that way due to the show mostly focusing on it. When it comes to most of the villains they state it's most dangerous/threatening to Equestria rather than the world.

(edited)

It is very possible as we know almost nothing about the world they live in... Pretty much Equestria, Saddle Arabia... and that country i forgot (from where the emissaries came in twilights kingdom)

Anyway heres what i like to think :

Well i like to think of a Europe. Non-magical place as long ago Tirek-like creatures landed and stole all the magic leaving the ponnies there defenceless(and they called their leader the Devil???). At first the unicorns and ground ponies blame the pegasi for the horrific weather bestowed upon them due to their lack of flight and strat a small racial war that drives all the pegasi away (to the east???) Slowly they realize that they must stop fighting to survive and set up small communities, not split by race but simply by location... Then its pretty much European history. Bloodiest HIstory in the world pretty much as fighting was non-stop. Greed drove them to expand their hatred and war to new horizons and empires were made rivaling each other in strength and fielding armies millions strong ready to conquer any land they find / trade them dry.

post-19589-0-14258800-1405231373_thumb.png

Edited by lordav

Equestria is suppose to be America in a nut shell take the Equestria map look at some city names then compare them to American Cities so I guess it only makes sense but I have seen other countries in the world of MLP I have seen the Griffin and Zebra's land now Zebra's we all know represent the African's and the Griffin's I'm not sure about I would like to say the British but I'm probably wrong 

Well, until their world is really more explored, we cannot really say for sure. But there were emissaries from both saddle arabia, and another pony empire at the Equestrian games. So they may be the local superpower, or they could be a world trotting global empire, and those emissaries are more like territoral governors, who rule the local areas better due to being a local themselves, but being educated and loyal to the crown of the royal sisters.

And Equestria has control of the sun and moon, I could see them controling the planet.

There's not really much stopping Equestria from ruling the world, should they so wish. If, at any point, the other nations decided to invade/defend, the only thing stopping Luna and Celestia from saying "no sun" is there own benevolence. It also doesn't help that they also have the Wonderbolts, the Mane Six( with the fastest pegasus and the most powerful unicorn in Equestria added in) the elements of Harmony, and now Discord, the only creature we know of strong enough to defeeat Luna and Celestia without...the elements. Is it any wonder Equestria only gets enemies from within? Anybody else would have to be a moron to challenge them.

• Brohoof 1

They have to be the most powerful since Equestria not only has rulers that control the sun and moon themselves, but also the forces of nature and magic. They truly are the Master Race as depicted by this show.

It's my headcanon that each of the different race's have an immortal leader who has a power vital to a living creatures, and should there be any military action there's a treaty disallowing use the leader's powers in time of war. For example, griffons would control the atmosphere and dragons would control the tectonic plates.

• Brohoof 1

Even though her alicorn powers require restraint and the use of responsibility, I'm pretty sure that if Celestia truly wanted to, she could construct a giant magnifying glass, direct a team of pegasi or unicorns to rotate it around in a certain angle under the sun, and use it as a gargantuan death ray of solar energies against other nations if she wanted to.

Or, you know, she and Luna could just use their powers to either fry certain parts of the world or flood it with tides.

(edited)

I don't see how we could know, Equestria is the only nation we know from the world of MLP:FiM at the moment.

Edited by Blobulle

(edited)

Equestria is suppose to be America in a nut shell take the Equestria map look at some city names then compare them to American Cities so I guess it only makes sense but I have seen other countries in the world of MLP I have seen the Griffin and Zebra's land now Zebra's we all know represent the African's and the Griffin's I'm not sure about I would like to say the British but I'm probably wrong 

But if equestria was murica why in the hay there's a place called saddle arabia (which is the pony version my country saudi arabia) hmm?

Edited by Desert guardian

(edited)

No., as soon as the elements of harmony break and "die". The entire world will go for equstria, the giffrins, changlings, discord will all rebel against Equstrias rule, and equstria has no defence, well unless the girl scout gaurd can pull there act togehter. Equstria would be gone in a week.

To sumerise,

Equstria has a defence that will last a finaite time, when it runs out, they are screwed.

That is why equstria is niot the most powerfull nation

The offical map for equestria shows what it looks like it doesnt look like the america at all, hmm i think most of the writers are american so the names were made by them,

post-23102-0-37405500-1405331652.jpg

Edited by Frozen The Unicorn

the map does not support anything equestria is based off america.

Vanhoover => Vancouver

Las Pegasus => Los Angeles

Manehattan => Manhattan

Fillydelphia => Philadelphia

Applewood => Hollywood

(...)

(edited)

Vanhoover => Vancouver

Las Pegasus => Los Angeles

Manehattan => Manhattan

Fillydelphia => Philadelphia

Applewood => Hollywood

(...)

Just because these locations are based on America irl this doesn't mean that equestria is America take this place for example saddle arabia = saudi arabia and where is saudi arabia in real life?

• Brohoof 1

We're getting a bit OT.

Just because these locations are based on America irl this doesn't mean that equestria is America take this place for example saddle arabia = saudi arabia and where is saudi arabia in real life?

I don't remember they said Saddle Arabia was in Equestria?

(edited)

We're getting a bit OT.

I don't remember they said Saddle Arabia was in Equestria?

The hub had a pole i think saying where shining armor and cadence should spend their honey moon in equestria and one of them said saddle arabia 

Also let me hit you with geography saudi arabia in real life is in the southwest part of asia and look at the map of equestria where is the desert coming from? southwest! Make sense right?

The hub had a pole i think saying where shining armor and cadence should spend their honey moon in equestria and one of them said saddle arabia

Oh I didn't know that, my bad :)
  • Brohoof 1

Well, it's kinda hard to bet against Equestria as I doubt Saddle Arabia, Mare-tonia, and the Griffin Kingdom have much that can stand against the royal sisters, the elements, Discord, and the crystal princess, so yeah.

(edited)

Equestria at the moment seems to be the most powerful unified nation, but that's where its main advantage lies, unity.

However, as most of the villains appeared to be more powerful than at least one of the Alicorn sisters it seems as though the strongest individuals have their origins elsewhere (assuming that is Discord and Chrysalis came from somewhere else.)

Edited by Sanctified Absence

But if equestria was murica why in the hay there's a place called saddle arabia (which is the pony version my country saudi arabia) hmm?

that is beyond me but take a look at the city names and there placement there is a connection but why that is there I actually never heard of such a place nor seen it on the map

No., as soon as the elements of harmony break and "die". The entire world will go for equstria, the giffrins, changlings, discord will all rebel against Equstrias rule, and equstria has no defence, well unless the girl scout gaurd can pull there act togehter. Equstria would be gone in a week.

To sumerise,

Equstria has a defence that will last a finaite time, when it runs out, they are screwed.

That is why equstria is niot the most powerfull nation

The offical map for equestria shows what it looks like it doesnt look like the america at all, hmm i think most of the writers are american so the names were made by them,

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

its not suppost to look like America here let me explain a bit better we all know Manehatten is Manhattan and we know is in New York compare the two then take Appleloosa which is a Texan city it is in a desert in the south I don't know what it is suppose to represent but then Los-Pegasus which is most likely Los-Angela's Yanhoover is suppose to be Vancouver I don't think thats an American City it sounds Canadian but Yanhoover is to the north just keep compareing Equestrian City locations to American City locations and everything will make sense

(edited)

Addressing the off topic point, it's pretty obvious that Equestrian is supposed to represent North America (at least the US and Canadian parts). However, visually there are American, European, and Fantasy elements to the architecture. Names are derivative of US and Canada, and accents and mannerism's are American centric. Applejack's family is the best example.

Kinda on topic,

We know very little about the other Kingdoms. Apparently they are of Diplomatic importance, so Equestria and Maretonia and Saddle Arabia have a mutual need of such diplomacy. What the keck Maretania had to show up for just a quick closed door meeting so shortly after the Equestria Games does make me go ... hmmmmm. Could there be bad relations between Maretania and Saddle Ariabia and Celestia is trying to avert a war?

And to answer the OP question ... I do believe Equestria is the most powerful nation. Control of celestial bodies kinda makes you bad ass, you know.

Edited by Jeric
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Maybe equestria is the pony version of the human world? Also look at the map the southwest is a desert region and in real life southwest the desert region is where exactly? Saudi arabia is the answer so i think equestria is the planet and there are kingdoms and empires in equestria but under the rule of celestia well co-ruled to be more specific

The rulers of Equestria hold the power to raise the moon and the sun. If nothing else, that ability has to give them some heavy political power. Displease Equestria, no day for you.

Also, is Saddle Arabia a part of Equestria? I always got the impression that it was a different country.