Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP and the influence on your life.

Pinklady

I was wondering how you being a brony/being a fan of the show/the fandom affects you daily life?

Some random examples: 

Do you switch the pc on whenever you get home and stay for hours on the forums?
Do you have other activities that are related to MLP? For example searching for collectibles in shops/on the net, ...

Do  you meet other bronies?
Do you cancel appointments or don't make appointments when a new episode airs?

Do you think or daydream about ponies and Ponyville even at work/at school?

Do you watch every week several episodes or seasons all over again?

Do you get nervous when you can't get on the forums for a week for whatever reason?

Do you prefer being on the forums (or others MLP sites) instead of catching up with real people?

Are you devastated when a favourite character has a rough time in an episode, did you ever cry?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Personally, i'm a big fan, but it doesn't affect my daily life at all. Although I must again I log in several times a day, but usually not for such a long time.

I will say that taking part in these forums and seeing overall how the show is treated has certainly contributed toward me believing even more firmly in feminism. I would have definitely called myself a feminist before I even heard about the show (in fact, it was seeing Faust's quote about how the show was created to show girls that there are many ways to be feminine and that all of them are okay that really made me interested in watching the show) but I wasn't quite as passionate about it specifically back then.

That's all I really have. =P FiM has also comforted me in some times where I was really anxious or down, but that was less influential on my life altogether.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm going to answer your questions in order.

1)  yes, I admit that.

2) Yes, as well. More for collectibles.

3) No

4) No

5) Erm...... Not going to answer this one. Next !

6) Yes

7)  Erm.... I don't know, well, ..... Next question !

8)  what would I look like if I said yes ? So, I'm going to say no. 

9) No.

That is all I can think of.

• Brohoof 1

Alright, let's get the answer roll call through:
1. Most of the time, yes.

2. Yes... *is building a Pinkie Pie collection*
3. Yes, I have. A few of my real life friends are bronies. :)
4. No, that would be stupid, and I'm serious about that.

5. Not really, but when I do, I just want to watch some episodes.

6. Very much so.

7. I don't mind either way.

8. I feel for the characters, but I never cried.

• Brohoof 1

I have my laptop on pretty much all day every day, as I work from it. I have the forum open in one tab and sometimes play MLP in the background as I work. 

Do you have other activities that are related to MLP? For example searching for collectibles in shops/on the net, ...

I search for MLP-related items in charity stores - usually they will be generations before FIM. Sometimes I'll visit a toy store in search of G4s. I'll browse online stores occasionally too. 

Do you meet other bronies?

I haven't yet, but possibly will in the future. 

No. I never watch them as they come out anyway. I missed S3 and S4 entirely - I only just caught up with them a couple of weeks ago. Sometimes I just take a "hiatus" - not pre-meditated, my interest just sort of fades out for a bit, then fades back in. 

Lately, yes, haha! Only when I'm doing something menial though. I don't find it distracting. 

As I mentioned earlier, my interest can fade in and out. I'll be fixated with it for a while, watch it non-stop, then drift out of the fandom and then come back in again at a later date. 

Do you get nervous when you can't get on the forums for a week for whatever reason?

No. 

Do you prefer being on the forums (or others MLP sites) instead of catching up with real people?

Eh, sometimes I guess. Depends on how my relationships with "real" people are going; I value people on this forum as just as "real" as anyone else though! I'm certainly not any less real than anyone else! XD

Are you devastated when a favourite character has a rough time in an episode, did you ever cry?

I wouldn't go as far as to use a word like "devastated", but I have cried at MLP episodes many a time. Heck, "Smile Smile Smile" made me tear up a little - I love that song and it's message. 

• Brohoof 1

Eh, sometimes I guess. Depends on how my relationships with "real" people are going; I value people on this forum as just as "real" as anyone else though! I'm certainly not any less real than anyone else! XD

Yeah, 'real people' might not be a good word choice indeed, good remark :) My English isn't that good.

Let's say 'people in real life'. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, 'real people' might not be a good word choice indeed, good remark :) My English isn't that good.

Let's say 'people in real life'. :lol:

Hehe no worries! XD Your English is awesome, by the way! 

• Brohoof 1

Do you switch the pc on whenever you get home and stay for hours on the forums? sure do
Do you have other activities that are related to MLP? sometimes

Do  you meet other bronies? i would like too
Do you cancel appointments or don't make appointments when a new episode airs? yep

Do you think or daydream about ponies and Ponyville even at work/at school? i don't go to work or at school anymore

Do you watch every week several episodes or seasons all over again? yep starting august 4 there will be a Mega Mare-athon

Do you get nervous when you can't get on the forums for a week for whatever reason? nope

Do you prefer being on the forums (or others MLP sites) instead of catching up with real people? i do both

Are you devastated when a favourite character has a rough time in an episode, did you ever cry? Trixie and yes

• Brohoof 1

-no, I hardly ever use the computer. Mostly because my brothers are always on it. I do however use my phone and get on a few times a day for a couple minutes or so at a time. Just to see what topics are being discussed and new fan art and such. I don't spend hours on here, I've got better things to do.

-nope. I don't really collect, I mean I have pony merchandise but I wouldn't go as far to say I'm trying to start a huge collection. It's just a few figurines, a few plushies. I just adore ponies, I'm not looking into spending hundreds of dollars on them and such.

-I've only met 3 bronies in real life, besides my two little brothers who I got into the show a month or so after season 3 ended, right around the time I discovered the show and joined the herd. One was really obnoxious and kind of annoying. I didn't like him, fellow brony or not. He made me hate going to art, and I friggin love art class. The other one was really quiet, a bit of a nerd but was really nice. Both lived in Washington, but when I moved to Texas I had class with another brony. I already knew him from jr high years prior before moving to Washington, yada yada moved back to Texas a couple years later. He's nice, i wouldn't go as far to say we're like friends though. But I could have a civil conversation with him. I hope to meet more bronies one day.

-Lol cancel appointments? I don't even make appointments, I'm still a kid, that's my mom's job. Furthermore I've never had that happen since my appointments are always on the week days, but if I had one on a Saturday when a new episode aired I wouldn't care all that much and wouldn't cancel the appointment. Ponies can wait. Not a big deal

-lol of course I do. School sucks most of the time, so I'll just doodle ponies and daydream about them constantly. Better than paying attention to boring stuff.

-no, not really. Occasionally I'll watch some episodes on netflix or if there is nothing else on tv I'll turn on the hub and maybe catch an episode or two.

-no, not that big of a deal.

-I like both the online and social life. I'd prefer to be with my real friends though. Sorry forums, I like real people better.

-ohmygosh, YESSSS. I'm always sad when any character has a rough time. Like my heart does twenty backflips and falls to pieces. Like when Pinkie was all sad on Pinkie Pride and licked her tears away I wanted to cry it was so sad. And then when she walked off and her hair deflated and made that horrible sound I nearly had a heart attack. I've felt bad, but haven't cried. Maybe a little teary eyed, but not like full blown crying.

Noo... totally not... ok, I do, You won, happy? :( XD

Sometimes I browse pony art and that is the end in my case.

Yes, I have few real life brony friends, but I am equally happy about meeting people, who are not bronies :)

I first concentrate on my appointments, then, when I have finally free time and am not bothering myself with other things I watch MLP and fully concentrate on it :) But first I need to dodge spoilers, because everyone just HAS TO comment episodes in status updates >< xD

Barely ever, maybe one time a week? Or even less. I like MLP, but I don't allow it to "plague" my head anymore like I used in past.

Nope xD 

I thought I would before going on a trip for two weeks, but suprisingly I wasn't. I was curious about what is happening sometimes, but not to the point that I was getting nervous :) Too much other stuff was happening ^^

Depends on mood, but most times I choose real life friends first. 

*jerk face* NO. :comeatus:

• Brohoof 1

Noo... totally not... ok, I do, You won, happy? :( XD

Sometimes I browse pony art and that is the end in my case.

Yes, I have few real life brony friends, but I am equally happy about meeting people, who are not bronies :)

I first concentrate on my appointments, then, when I have finally free time and am not bothering myself with other things I watch MLP and fully concentrate on it :) But first I need to dodge spoilers, because everyone just HAS TO comment episodes in status updates >< xD

Barely ever, maybe one time a week? Or even less. I like MLP, but I don't allow it to "plague" my head anymore like I used in past.

Nope xD 

I thought I would before going on a trip for two weeks, but suprisingly I wasn't. I was curious about what is happening sometimes, but not to the point that I was getting nervous :) Too much other stuff was happening ^^

Depends on mood, but most times I choose real life friends first. 

*jerk face* NO. :comeatus:

I can agree with quite some points you say :)

Unfortunately, I don't know any bronies in real life  :(  Not that I mind that much but I would be awesome to be able to talk someone about the show in real life.

I can agree with quite some points you say :)

Unfortunately, I don't know any bronies in real life  :(  Not that I mind that much but I would be awesome to be able to talk someone about the show in real life.

You might be suprised. I know only one brony from my hometown, the rest are from area surrouding it (furthest on is 100 km away). The one from here... I knew the guy for about 4 years and he is my very close friend. He was closet brony and I found it out just few months ago when I found "something" on his PC :comeatus: he felt so awkward haha. But the point is - there might be other brony closer, than You think ;) We are shadows. We are everywhere. xD

Well, MLP has caused me to find this forum, which in term led me to making a lot of new friends. Also, it has caused me to learn a lot more about internet fandoms and stuff like that. Also, it caused me to have my first cartoon crush (Pinkie  :wub: ) and made me realize my favorite group of friends in animation is the mane six.

Mlp caused me to actually have a better summer vacation but that's only part of it when season 4 was still airing it gave me a special time on Saturdays to just chill in my room eating snacks and watching an entertaining show, it comforted me whenever I was sad like even though the biggest cause of a dramatic event at vacation started when I said I'm throwing my Sweetie plushie away hugging it tightly really helped me stay calm, also it allowed me to see a connection between my friends as the elements of harmony, gave me enjoyable Youtube Poops, it created another thing on my bucket list(see a brony in public, crash a bronycon.) it showed me what real cartoon cuteness can look like, helped me run my most successful Facebook page(Scootaroll-CMC), helped me get closer to my little sister because we play ponies together, really affected the show I created because there's ponies and also now they're actually the Elements of Typical harmony the character Giltron even writes letters to Prince Solarista like Twilight does to Princess Celestia, it also showed me another big catchphrase asides from "What's up doc", helped me on 2 of my yearly countdowns with (The Dragon is the finest creature ever, What my Cutie Mark is telling me, Let Your Mane Down, and You're Gonna Go Far Kid), taught me lots of life lessons from the show and my own experiences, got me into a fandom, showed me ponies aren't actually just a stupid girly thing, and also helped me with the song I wrote. There might be more but this is all I can really think about at the moment.

Sometimes, quite often I just have the forums running in the background and I post on them when waiting for other things to load.

Outside helping some friends on their fan projects, I don't do much pony stuffs outside talking about them on forums, and most collectibles and merchandise I get links to.

I did attend everfree NW way back in the day (2012 lol) but I often go to local meetups just to hangout with other people who share an interest, and get free food.

No. New episodes can always be found day of on youtube, and after that dailymotion. /mlp/ normally has a thread up with links to the new episode on youtube or torrents so even if I miss the saturday morning livestream, I can always catch a new episode.

Quite often lol, who wouldn't day dream about a magical land of ultra friendly talking horses, were friendship is literally magic?

Normally, unless I am trying to review, or in a debate about episodes I don't normally re-watch a ton of episodes at once, I like to space them out

not at all lol. There are multiple pony forums, along with EqD, /mlp/, ponychan, mlpchan, and real life bronies I can converse with.

It depends on what I am doing on the forums, there are certain members here that I enjoy talking with more than most people I converse with in person, but normally I enjoy talking face to face far more.

Yes, they still won't give Fleetfoot the movie she deserves     

I mean no, I can empathize with a well done character, but I have never cried from the events of an episode.

sometimes

Drawing?

only the guys i converted

are u kidding right? Work is first!

of course, almost always

if i am bored

i got banned for like a month... nope

it depends who i must meet and for what reason. sometime i hang out with friends and meanwhile i check the forum on my phone

.... NO

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Eeyup!

Reading fanfics?

Only the one brony that I know in my school

Okay, that's just stupid!

Eeyup! Why wouldn't I? :)

Eeyup!

Meh

Nah, I prefer catching up with my real friends (even though I spend more time here)

Why would I do that? It's just a TV Show :P

Edited by GrauWitz

Yes, If I have nothing else to do

Of Course

No

No

ALL THE TIME!

No

Yes, actually

No

No, and no.

I stick around on the forums for quite a while actually. I watch a lot more pony-related materials on youtube, and read lots of fanfics, so it definitely eats up time on my schedule. Since i work by shifts, i clear up days on which new episodes / anticipated materials arrive, for instnace.

There are some days when I'm just killing time and can spend hours here but they are very rare. More often than not I'm online for no more than 30 minutes. Some days I'm preoccupied with life and don't even have the time to login, yet alone respond to PMs in the length they can require. That's why I can take weeks to reply. :P

Do you have other activities that are related to MLP? For example searching for collectibles in shops/on the net, etc.

I attend conventions and once in a blue moon read a fanfic.

Yes, hundreds. Mostly through conventions but I'll go out of my way to meet in other countries as I travel around. Just this month I met with user/Rising Shine in Hamburg, Germany.

It's always up on YouTube no later than a few hours after it airs so there's no point.

Who doesn't? ;)

Sure do! Usually two or three episodes at a time in no particular order. Favorite episodes (of which there are many) unsurprisingly get watched more often. I can go a week without watching anything though, but the show never gets old for me.

My life is completely separated from my online one, so no.

Don't have a preference. I actively travel and so I meet new people on an everyday basis; it keeps things fresh. I'm more connected to my e-friends as I 'talk' to them more consistently. I get the best of both worlds.

Devastated? No. Feels when I see it for the first time? Yes.

(edited)

Sometimes.

Yup.

I don't ever meet anyone in real life, so that would be a no.

I almost always watch it on YouTube/Dailymotion later in the day, so that's a no.

I did a bit during my early days in the fandom, but I don't think about it much anymore.

Used to, not anymore. Haven't seen an episode since Season 4 ended.

Not really.

I prefer doing absolutely anything instead of catching up with real people (for the most part), so yes.

Not really. Never cried during an episode.

Edited by Rivendare

I'd like to write other influences than your questions: MLP has really changed my life for good. I didn't know a TV show could influence my life that much, but it did and MLP means much more than a show for me. I've tried to being always happy, but almost 1 year ago, something (I'd rather not to say) made me really sad and I forgot "how to smile". I wasn't the guy I used to be anymore. For 2 mounths I couldn't smile and laugh as sincerely as I used to do. After 2 mounths (September 2013) I found MLP haphazard on internet and it (especially Pinkie Pie) filled me with glee, hope, happiness, joy... it reminded me all of those feelings that I forgot. And now, whenever I feel upset, mad, sad, etc I just look at my My Little Pony photo galery. So yeah, that is how MLP influenced my life :)