Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Rarity's characterization influence your opinion negatively?

Tenor Clef

What do you think  

231 users have voted

1. 1. what do you think of Rarity

• Awesome pony! love her!
    • She is a great character
    • Yeah she is a good pony
    • Do not care...
    • not a fan
    • Ugh, not that pony
    • Lets discuss a different pony.

Rarity in a negative light?  :blink:

Honestly, she is arguable the most developed of the entire main cast, and I find her character to be rather lovely. Does she have flaws? Yes, but what pony doesn't have flaws. Even my personal favorite Luna has flaws, but that doesn't dampen her overall character for me.

But yeah, Rarity is a GREAT character! Period. ^^

• Brohoof 1

Rarity is a great character. While she may not be my favourite of the Mane 6, she still does a lot of things right. Really, I think this image sums up my love for this marshmallow pony.

post-25990-0-72187000-1409199368.jpg

• Brohoof 7

I love Rarity, I think she's one of the most developed and humanly relateable of all the mane six. The only gripe I ever had about her was that she didn't seem to live up to the Element of Generosity as much as she should've. But then I realized that she really did live up to her Element in perhaps the most natural way. When her generosity is shown, she is mostly being generous in the hopes that she will get something out of it; her designs getting out into the world, getting her name circulated in Canterlot, etc. She's rarely shown being generous just for the sake of being generous, so much so that an entire episode dedicated to shoving Rarity's selfless generosity down our throats seemed out of place. But that's okay because it's more natural for Rarity to hope for something in return for her generosity, we all do that and that makes her more "human" to us.

At first I didn't really like her but now I freaking love her!! She is a well developed character that has a ton of lol moments. I don't get it when people say she is stuck up because in my opinion she is one of the most selfless on the show.

The main problem I hear about is that she isn't very generous, and that her element is generosity. It could also be that in any other girl show she would be the main antagonist. Still my favorite of the Mane Six.

Every time I have a conversation about MLP, I mention Rarity. I love Rarity. But everyone says she's all stuck up. What's with that? Am I missing something?

Rarity is awesome. She's just a good contrast to the other 5.

1st Season Rarity was a diva & a drama queen.  Plus, in The Best Night Ever she only wants Blue Blood because he is a prince.  I'd call that being a Gold Digger.  But, she has grown a lot over the 4 seasons.  Arguably, she does the least on the adventures, but she is still there & does what she can.

Her behavior in For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils shows her at her best. (& SB at by far her worst.  I'd have murdered her)   Hard working & conscientious but still making time for her family

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I think she's a great character, personally. She is my second favorite (as recently, Pinkie Pie edged her out, but not by much!) and consistently the funniest of the Mane 6 (again, only second to guess who). I love the contradictions in her character and the fact that they gave somepony who, on the surface, can be materialistic and greedy the Element of Generosity. To me, there shouldn't be an argument over whether she is selfish or generous. Why can't she be both? In real life, people contradict themselves ALL THE TIME and I've always thought said contradiction was the mark of a well-developed/"good" character (actually, we see it in other members of the Mane 6 as well - look at Pinkie for example! The happiest, but also possibly most insecure of the Manes). People are complex and can have multiple conflicting traits at once. It's amazing to see a cartoon character from a kid's show given this kind of depth!

ETA: Also love her accent. So fetch!

Edited by Carolina
  • Brohoof 1

I actually know of a lot of Rarity haters (though not on this forum). They call her self-centered but  Rainbow Dash is ten times more egotistical than Rarity. :P

She may strive to be "ladylike" but just because she cares about her looks doesn't mean she's a snob. Even if she is, that counts as a flaw, and characters have to have SOME flaws, right?

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...
  • 4 months later...