Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Rarity's characterization influence your opinion negatively?

Tenor Clef

What do you think  

231 users have voted

1. 1. what do you think of Rarity

• Awesome pony! love her!
    • She is a great character
    • Yeah she is a good pony
    • Do not care...
    • not a fan
    • Ugh, not that pony
    • Lets discuss a different pony.

The reason I don't play favourites is the same reason I don't play anti-favourites: There's far too much to like about each character and not enough to hate about them.

Not terribly too fond of Rarity on her own, however,...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnqN1bnDqKY

Better with company. (Has seen the slumber party episode this morning.)

I just don't really see the spirit of generosity in her. She reminds me of the 'popular' girls at my school, always fussing over stupid things.

She cut her tail off for a sea serpeant, plus she's made dresses for her friends, among other things she's done for them- how is she not generous? :blink:
  • Brohoof 5

dhere dis tothing wrong wit rarity ai actully rike her

Oh wow, what a way to write!

But I agree, I was in love with her by the first time I layed my eyes on it XD

By love I mean not attracted, ok XD

h

Oh wow, what a way to write!

But I agree, I was in love with her by the first time I layed my eyes on it XD

By love I mean not attracted, ok XD

me do, if ai em convusin you ai em scotish accent ant dunt knew hoy to articulate english werr Edited by lunalover98

She cut her tail off for a sea serpeant, plus she's made dresses for her friends, among other things she's done for them- how is she not generous? :blink:

Don't forget, she made them GALA DRESSES FROM SCRATCH! Which were DAMN successful! In ONE day!

h

me do, if ai em convusin you ai em scotish accent ant dunt knew hoy to articulate english werr

Nah, I don't even know how scotish accent sounds like XD

I'm so ignorant <3

Though I deal with that kind of thing all the time, for some reason, Florianópolis is one of the most visited cities in the world, so there are like, a storm of languages and culture here from everywhere, and just by walking the streets you can experience weirdness almost all the time XD

Nah, I don't even know how scotish accent sounds like XD

I'm so ignorant <3

Though I deal with that kind of thing all the time, for some reason, Florianópolis is one of the most visited cities in the world, so there are like, a storm of languages and culture here from everywhere, and just by walking the streets you can experience weirdness almost all the time XD

i em trying my best to not type wit an accent so when i mess up please tell me and that is so cool that u live there have u always lived there?

And she REMADE ALL of them when her friends weren't satisfied with the original dresses.

I kinda learned in that episode that Rarity's friends have bad taste in fashion... LOL!

• Brohoof 1

She pushed Spike into giving her his most precious jewel, she refused to go to Twilight's birthday in order to stay with her cooler friends and she didn't want to play with her sister at all in Sister Hooves Social. The other Mane 6 each learn different lessons but nearly all of Rarity's lessons are about her needing to be more generous.

• Brohoof 1

^ this pretty much sums Rarity up in a nutshell.

She gave the dragon her tail because she decided his fashion sense was off, and made the dresses for the girls because she believes her eyes to be better than the others - Twilight's old dress was heavily frowned upon, since it wasn't up to Rarity's standards - she lacks an awareness of others, in my opinion.

I don't know why people dislike Rarity. My guess is it's probably just about the same reason some people.....and I do mean some people hate Rainbow Dash. I know Rainbow has a huge amount of supporters (Myself Included) But, sometimes she is probably just to cocky and arrogant for people's standards. So Rainbow's personality could throw people into some hating/disliking her. I think in a way it's just about the same with Rarity, People look at Rarity and probably some people see, a whiny self centered little Brat. I don't see where they'd come up with that , but maybe that's just because I am a liker of Rarity too. But, her personality is probably one of the main reasons some people don't like Rarity.

Aside from Fluttershy, who apparently has just as much knowledge as Rarity about dress making and fashion.

Well, she's aware of dressmaking terms and has a "freaky knowledge of sewing", but she doesn't seem to share Rarity's creative talent or eye for aesthetics - her 'ideal dress' was an overdesigned clusterbuck, whilst Rarity's dress for her was much simpler, more elegant and beautiful.

I don't understand it myself...I got nothing but love for my Rarity...she is generous and has proven so many times. Yes on occasion it takes her a little bit to get it just like in the Sisterhooves Social but I think that makes her realistic. Sweetie Belle messes up alot, and while we know she was innocent I can see how Rarity got so upset

regardless...I love you Rarity...you are good pony

Rarity is probably my least favorite of the mane 6, She often gets on my nerves ,But has redeemed herself some over the period of season 2 and some parts in season 1. Reasons why I don't like her. ( This is all in MY opinion, you don't have to agree)

1. She Uses her friends: Using spike to get the Ruby.

2. She Lies to her friends: She lied about her friends in Canterlot and used her pet Opal as an excuse. (And I, quite frankly can't stand liars)

4( I'm Gaben, so I can't count to 3). Her personality gets on my nerves at times.

5. She is obsessed with herself: The sonic rainboom episode ( I can't stand people like this, because they remind me of the way my sister used to be)

Other than that she's an alright character who can often make me laugh, but still not good enough to make me like her more than anyone else in the mane 6.