Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Buying online - have you ever been duped?

Invincible

I got duped. Last March,I bought a used set of Hydraulic disc brakes for my mountain bike. "Avid Code R" The pictures showed everything...but what I got was this...

Partially the seller's fault, for not putting it in a box instead of a padded envelope.

p4pb9364946.jpg

p4pb9364953.jpg

p4pb9364960.jpg

p4pb9364968.jpg

I'm missing these. They fell out somewhere....

26898_0_Set_Avid_Code_R_Bremse_Modell_20

And all this is why I do not want to buy this holo octavia card off of the internet, even though I want it for novelty purposes. It's like 20 bucks and that's a LOT of money to lose over a hologram card of a my little pony.

I never had any really bad experiences with online shopping, just a couple of little things.

When I bought one of my glass display cases off of Amazon, it arrived with all the shelves broken but the rest was in good condition.

So I sent them a message and they told me they'll send me another one for free and to dispose of the other one.

Being the crafty man that I am, I decided to make wooden shelves to replace the broken shelves on the first one and still use both of the shelves.

In the end, I only paid for one shelf and have two. :smug:

"Duped" would mean the recreation of an exact copy of an item in a game that usually holds value and is usually duplicated for profit. 

A different word, coming from the stereotype that gypsies are liars and theives, "gypped" means that one felt/feels scammed/tricked out of a service or good, usually through person-to-person trades or online sales.

I think I accidentally duped someone once lol.

Well, it was his fault. I was selling a bricked Wii (I updated to the latest firmware and it bricked the Wii since it was pirated) just to get some of the money back. Nobody was buying it, so I kept lowering the prices until someone came by and bought it. A few days laters, we receive a very angry e-mail from him telling us that the Wii didn't work. He tried to get a refund, but couldn't, since the page where I was selling the Wii was very clear about it being bricked.

Basically, he bought what he didn't want and it was his fault, but I think it does kinda count as a dupe for him. :P

I order online a good bit nowadays but I've yet to be duped and hope I never do. I tend to order off Amazon, Ebay, and Hot Topic for the stuff that I want and I always check feedback ratings of the seller before ordering. I have yet to have a bad experience ordering online and it better stay that way.