Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon act the way they do?

ggg-2

@,

Viral, commander of the eastern human eradication unit. 

He's a shark/cat creation made to eradicate surface dwelling humans

Oh. Well, then what show is he from?

Oh. Well, then what show is he from?

Gurren Lagann, most manly show ever. No, literally, their giant robots are powered by fighting spirit and hot bloodedness. That being said, there are plenty of women pilots, so it's likely that a lot of it is boasting

Because Diamond Tiara is a 16 year old RICH girl who is BEAUTIFUL and she KNOWS IT! 

Girls who are Pretty and they know it have an air of arrogance and lack of feelings for other people about them. Add the fact that they are RICH and they know it to that mixture and you have a person who has a sense of Entitlement from their parents fortune and someone who is brought up with the mentality that they are some how privileged and more special and "better" than everyone else around them.

So of course they are going to act like that. Its extremely common with anyone who is just "born" into money and born "superior" to the rest of humanity / ponydom.  

Silver Spoon at least isn't as bad as her friend Diamond, I'd like to see Diamond go too far one day to force Silver to betray her.

As for Diamond? The lyrics in this song basically says it for me. it fits her perfectly.

You're a rich girl, and you've gone too far,

'cause you know it don't matter anyway.

You can rely on the old man's money.

'Cause you know it don't matter anyway.

See money, money wont get you too far, get you too far...

Rich Girl by Hall & Oates.

They act the way they do for the same reasons any other bully does. They take all of their anguish out on those who they can easily file as a lower class than them. It's the exact same reason Rainbow Dash feels the need to show everyone how cool she is. They're insecure and need a way to boost their self esteem. So, they set their sights on the lowest of the low at their school: the blank flanks. Though, I've always found it odd why Diamond Tiara seems to take dominance over Silver Spoon when the latter seems to have gotten her cutie mark first.

In summation, they act like dipsticks because they're a couple of conceited, narcissistic asswipes.

'cause you know it don't matter anyway.
'Cause you know it don't matter anyway.
See money, money wont get you too far, get you too far...

The first lyric in bold is actually "It's a bitch girl, but it's gone to far," and the second is "say money, but it won't get you too far, get you too far..."

;)

Remember the scene from Call of the cutie when Twilght basically says that blank flanks are able to explore what they're meant to be?

Imagine being Silver Spoon: your cutie mark basically means your a stuck up snot. The prhase "born with a silver spoon in her mouth" is where that comes from.

Imagine being Diamond Tiara: your cutie mark means that you're a rich girl who is supposed to be pretty. You don't have a deep concept, just restating what you already are.

Now the blank flanks are special. they get to experience whatever they want. They don't have to be branded as rich jerks forever.

Simply put: their jealous and they want to be apart of the CMC, but they're so upset they can't be that they put them down to feel better abotu themselves.

((Credit to the brony notion!))

Though, I've always found it odd why Diamond Tiara seems to take dominance over Silver Spoon when the latter seems to have gotten her cutie mark first.

Silver Spoon is a follower with no spine. A strong breeze is all it takes to make her change sides if she doesn't already have someone commanding her. And Diamond Tiara is much more than a strong breeze.

Diamond Tiara's cutie mark is a tiara, which makes some sense considering she is indeed good at commanding 

I think that because they are rich, ther consider themselves as supperiors. Having fancy things for cutie make make them think that it's their destiny. A tiara and a silver spoon can mean that their talent is to be fancy and rich, and that's probably what they think. That's why they think that Cutie Marks are so important : because they make them feel better about themselves.

I think that when they will get older, they will realise that they have been wrong the whole time.

They don't really have any character development. I think they're just rich snobs who are mean for literally no reason. Ungrateful, spoiled brats.

You can ask the same question for every character in the show, the answer will always be the same: it's their nature.

Edited by Blobulle

• 3 weeks later...

Make all the guesses about them being neglected and tragic all you want, the explanation is that they're the lazily-written, pathetically added bullies that family shows sadly think make a show worth watching.

Even though they're honestly the worst thing about the show by far and every time I look at them I get angry that money was put into making those wastes of animation.