Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Poll: What type of music do you listen to?

Twiliscael

I listen to most all things rock. It can older like Pink Floyd or The Beatles. It can be newer like Green Day or My Chemical Romance.

• Brohoof 1

I listen to most all things rock. It can older like Pink Floyd or The Beatles. It can be newer like Green Day or My Chemical Romance.

:D I love all four of those bands. The Beatles and Pink Floyd are my two favourite classic rock bands (with the former being my all time favourite band) and Green Day and MCR are my two favourite bands next to The Beatles. I also really like Blink-182. 

I also listen to metal, mainly metalcore and death metal, but recently I've started trying to get into some classic metal bands like Iron Maiden.

• Brohoof 1

I'm mostly a metalhead. Focus on Power, Melodic Death and Thrash or any combination of the three.

Celtic and Ska are a few genres I like but haven't heard nearly enough of.

I also like Electronic genres a lot. My favorite subgenres are Trance and Hardstyle. Seemingly opposite genres, I know. :lol:

I'll listen to any genre of music as long as I'm in the mood for it though.

(edited)

behold,my bipolar music taste xD.I listen to stuff between like dubstep,dance/house/etc,remixes and stuff and when it comes to bands/singers...the ones I listen mostly are Metallica,Hollywood Undead,Deuce,AC/DC,Guns 'n' Roses,Slayer,Evanescence,Breaking Benjamin,Linkin' Park,Eminem,Iron Maiden,P!nk,Kesha,Avenged Sevenfold,Imagine Dragons,Nightwish,The Letter Black,Pretty Reckless and others too,those are my main ones,so to speak :D .As for genres: rock(mostly heavy metal),rap,rapcore,dubstep,house,some pop there and here and that pretty much it is

Edited by NinjaPomeranian
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

EVERYTHING.... well not everything but most music

however I don't listen to mainstream music much anymore aka whats on the radio

Edited by Evil_Derpy
  • Brohoof 1

Mostly a combination of oldies/progressive rock/classic rock in general (mainly pre-80s) and classical. Throw in some ska, modern rock, folk, and a little punk. I've really been getting into folk lately!

Although I'd say my favorite genre altogether (on the pop/rock side of music, that is) would be 'Brass Rock'! I love wind instruments, and I think that the trumpet, trombone, saxophone section works amazingly in rock music. *has to say that every time*

I'll listen to mostly anything, as long as it isn't modern rock/pop/country. Because ewwww, modern country is horrid and sounds too sad to me.

As long as it's classic rock, old rock/pop, world, thrash metal, classical, hard rock, or otherwise. :P

(edited)

Mostly rap, metal, game soundtracks (when I want to be immersed, example(s) below!), rock, jazz, blues and classic.

So old fashioned.

Edited by Guest

I listen to a wide variety of music, however, you could say I mostly listen to 80's music, smooth jazz, game soundtracks (Halo is a major), and 90's.

Most things.  No rap or country.  I mostly like upbeat songs, so I like techno, electronic a lot.  And stuff like Toybox, Aqua, really dancy kind of songs.

(edited)

Mostly a combination of oldies/progressive rock/classic rock in general (mainly pre-80s) and classical. Throw in some ska, modern rock, folk, and a little punk. I've really been getting into folk lately!

Although I'd say my favorite genre altogether (on the pop/rock side of music, that is) would be 'Brass Rock'! I love wind instruments, and I think that the trumpet, trombone, saxophone section works amazingly in rock music. *has to say that every time*

As someone who's only just getting into Ska I'm keeping an ear out for recommendations. What artists would you recommend? I've already grown somewhat attached to Goldfinger, Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish but still exploring the genre. I prefer the more upbeat Ska songs. Slower doesn't often do it as much for me.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

As someone who's only just getting into Ska I'm keeping an ear out for recommendations. What artists would you recommend? I've already grown somewhat attached to Goldfinger, Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish but still exploring the genre. I prefer the more upbeat Ska songs. Slower doesn't often do it as much for me.

I'm afraid I'm not the best one to ask on this subject. I said 'Ska', only because Streetlight Manifesto is one of my top favorite bands and I listen to them a lot. There aren't really any others that I listen to regularly.

(edited)

I like almost anything just not dubstep or country. I prefer alternative rock though.

Edit: just ignore yhis I forgot i had already posted this here before

Edited by Pinkie_dust

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

I don't stay to one genre of music, but I don't listen to Rap or country. I mainly listen to Slayer, Serj Tankian, Avenged Sevenfold, HIM, Cradle of Filth, Three Days Grace, among others.

Edited by TwilightFire