Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Poll: What type of music do you listen to?

Twiliscael

Emo punk.  Yes, yes, yes, I know that many say: "oh those whiny little screamers don't have any sort of singing talent"

And they are wrong.

Period.

I believe emo punk to be far more of an interesting genre than most others because everything is just the same in most other popular places.  Whereas your pop and country songs will consist of primarily minor and major modes, my favorite genre delves into chords and scales that don't sound so pretty, and are unique and interesting as a result.

That and I like the screamy parts.  Ya.

Well I listen to mostly pop, especially j-pop and k-pop! I also enjoy orchestra, rock, and some electro music sometimes.

And I think piano music is soothing too, it relaxes me. :D

Speaking of piano music, I've been listening to Final Fantasy piano covers, even though I don't play a lot of FF.

This piano cover of Lightning's Theme is just so calming to me :P

I listen to almost everything to some extent, though I'd say the genre I have the least notice of is metal and it's various offshoots, because I don't have any friends for recommendations in that genre. I do listen to Clutch but I'm not even sure what genre they're supposed to be. My mainstay genre is the various offshoots of House, because that's what I produce. In terms of artist recommendations, I've recently found this electro guy called Arty and he's pretty good.

I like music that's in languages other than English. I usually tend to listen to French, Swedish, and Finnish, but I'm open to other languages as well. I like rock (especially alternative rock), pop, and sometimes instrumental music.

(edited)

Metal (especially if it is Breaking Benjamin or Disturbed), Rock, video game music (especially if it is metal), movie/TV show music (especially if it is DBZ music related to Cell), Nightcore and japanese songs.

Edited by ShadowPirateX
  • Brohoof 1

*Copies & pastes from profile because LAZINESS...and at work*

Anywho, my music interests tend to sway towards orchestral and metal. With orchestral I love classical and the various masters of the genre such as Bach, Beethoven, and Stravinsky! I also tend to love film, TV, and game music as well; with Skyrim being among my most favorite of scores period! On the metal side, I usually prefer power, progressive, and symphonic metal with such bands as Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody of Fire, and, my favorite, Symphony X being the ones I listen to mostly.

Of course, I have some favorites outside of those genres such as Streetlight Manifesto and Marty Stuart; but that is as far as I usually go with those genres.

(edited)

Various Industrial (technically Post-Industrial, actual Industrial barely exists any more)

Various Goth and Post-Punk

Synthpop

Various Metal and Post-Metal

Various Rock and Post-Rock

Various EDM

Chip Tune

Renaissance, Baroque, and Romanticism (Some Classical as well, but the other periods were more interesting)

Lots of other stuff.

Too lazy to go into too much detail, umbrella terms it is.

Edited by Hansel
  • Brohoof 1

I love everything </fluttershy>

What I want to listen to changes with mood, atmosphere, and absence. I do enjoy every genre that I listen to, and I listen to every genre. Some sub genres are less preferred (like ambient house over iso) ... but all are great.

I like a lot of smooth jazz and New Age music, as well as 80s rock like The Police.

Pop and rock, when in doubt, and for some reason iTunes considers Enya's music to be pop :huh:.

Adema, Linkin Park, Korn, Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots, Red... Those are a few of my favorite bands.  So, yeah - alternative rock, nu-metal, and grunge are my usual genres.  Though, I do like some dubstep, and a little bit of country (but not alot).  I'm not really into pop music.  Some rap is okay I guess.  

But I'm pretty much just a rocker.

Any and all types of music. You'd be hard-pressed to find a style of music I straight-up dislike, as I find the variation of sound between all styles to be one of the most interesting things about music in general. If I don't like a song, it's usually because of the subject matter, or some context outside of the song itself (someone I hate really digs it, I've heard it way too many times, etc).

That being said, I have a soft spot for Folk Rock in particular. Give me some Lumineers, Iron and Wine, heck I even like listening to Mumford and Sons and Of Monsters and Men.

Heavy metal, symphonic metal, hard rock, usually. I like intense, depressing music but sometimes more hopeful stuff, too. As long as it has meaning. I've got so many favorite bands, music is very important to me. :)