Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you superstitious?

Dovashy

Well, like the title says. Are you superstitious at all, if you are what sort of stuff do you do because of your superstition? 

I personally am superstitious of Ouija boards, fortune telling cards, and the supernatural. (Ghosts, not werewolves and vampires :squee:)

I also say "touchwood."

-- This thread has the potential to bring in controversial areas of society, so please be civilised, and respectful of other peoples beliefs on this topic. Otherwise, we all know what's going to happen. ;) 

No, I'm not superstitious. I do not believe in ghosts, in Ouija boards or in any of that stuff.

I believe it is impossible to predict the future (as explained by scientists).

The only thing I believe in which as a (loose) connection with paranormal is aliens because I believe we are not alone in the Universe.

However, I do not believe they visited the Earth nor do I believe in any of the conspiracy theories relating to paranormal.

• Brohoof 5

The only thing I believe in which as a (loose) connection with paranormal is aliens because I believe we are not alone in the Universe.

However, I do not believe they visited the Earth nor do I believe in any of the conspiracy theories relating to paranormal.

Ah, I do believe in Aliens too. But I'm not really sure what to think about the Ancient Aliens theory, they do bring some interesting statements to the table though. 

No, I'm not superstitious. I do not believe in ghosts, in Ouija boards or in any of that stuff.

I believe it is impossible to predict the future (as explained by scientists).

I just hope the aliens are friendly if they do decide to come here. Then again, considering how bad Earth can be, I wouldn't be surprised if we had to make a space colony or go to a new planet while they take over. 

I can be a little at times, but they are my own rules of superstitions, meaning a twist on the orginal ones.

For example, I believe it's really bad luck if it's Friday the 13th, on the month of October.

It's really bad luck when a black cat crosses your path on the night of Halloween.

And you walk up 13stairs on Friday the 13th lol!

Minor superstitions, I don't really fully believe them because I made them that rare I guess you could say.

Sure. I enjoy the supernatural and paranormal, and like superstitions. Most superstitions I don't believe in, though.

I own a black cat and the only bad luck that's fallen from him crossing my path is getting a surprise step on the tail.

I also say "touchwood."

That isn't superstitious, it's just an idiom.

Anyways, not really. I believe there are things we don't understand and therefore keep an open mind towards some of the paranormal. However in most cases I search for a more reasonable answer than 'ghosts/aliens/etc. did it'.

That isn't superstitious, it's just an idiom.

After I say something like "Oh, yeah they will win." I will then follow up with "Touchwood." 

I was meaning to put it in that sentence, but I didn't really know quite how to phrase it. In that sort of use it's a superstition, with use of an idiom. 

And yes, anything that happens people shouldn't just lay the blame on the unknown, like "Aliens did it" a good example of that is the Bermuda Triangle. 

Slightly, as much as I try to convince myself I'm not. :P

I have this superstition that if I decide (say out loud in some situations) that something is not going to work, it will have a higher likelihood of working. I call it playing reverse psychology on life.

• Brohoof 1

I have this superstition that if I decide (say out loud in some situations) that something is not going to work, it will have a higher likelihood of working. I call it playing reverse psychology on life.

That's interesting, usually people have it the other way around. 

After I say something like "Oh, yeah they will win." I will then follow up with "Touchwood." 

I was meaning to put it in that sentence, but I didn't really know quite how to phrase it. In that sort of use it's a superstition, with use of an idiom. 

Perhaps the origin might have been superstitious, but in its current form it is simply a means of avoiding tempting fate. I suppose one could consider it superstitious, but really the idea of tempting fate can be replaced with not being overconfident.

Also, forgot to mention, I don't believe in the 'step on a crack, break your momma's back' rhyme and never have, but ever since hearing it I dislike stepping on cracks. More of an OCD thing at this point though.

Edited by Durandal

Also, forgot to mention, I don't believe in the 'step on a crack, break your momma's back' rhyme and never have, but ever since hearing it I dislike stepping on cracks. More of an OCD thing at this point though.

Yeah, I've only heard that rhyme once or twice a long time ago, but I was avoiding cracks before then. At first it was serious superstituion, but then I couldn't be bothered, and I stopped caring. At this point in time, it's just an OCD thing, and I don't go completely out of my way not to step on the crack.  

No. Not even in the slightest. Sorry, but I'm not that kind of person. I don't even obey Dice Superstitions or Dice Customs. *Ignores the Tabletop Gamers's gasps of horror*

Nothing to be sorry about? What are the dice superstitions again?  

Nothing to be sorry about? What are the dice superstitions again?  

Step one: Pick up a dice.

Step Two: Roll it ten times.

Step Three: If you get a one, that is good, and lucky. Why? Because some people actually believe you can "Pre-roll the 1s out of a dice" by rolling it a set number of times, thereby getting all the benefits of a rigged dice without the risk of getting caught. In theory. Poorly-thought out, incorrect theory.

Did that not work? You didn't pre-roll ALL of the 1s out, just some of them. Keep going until your determination and sheer force of will manifests in the form of Spiral Power and Haki at the same time, and modifying your dice with the aforementioned forces.

Edited by Asquerade

Not exactly. I mean I wouldn't walk under a ladder, but that isn't superstition. It's that the ladder could fall on me. However, when I find a coin with the tails up, I will turn it over and slap it to take the bad luck out of it. I don't actually believe that coins have bad luck. I just find it fun. 

• Brohoof 1

No, I'm not superstitious at all...

...well, maybe with ONE exception. I won't say I believe that extraterrestrials exist, but I swear to GOD I saw a large flying vessel one night when I was younger. I was coming home from Charleston with my mom and sister and all THREE of us saw this large craft in the air. It made now sound, but it had large lights and it moved...

..I have no idea what it was we saw, but it was something. No doubt there.

• Brohoof 1