Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there a more broad pony personality test?

ranul

Do this:

http://www.16personalities.com/

And use this chart:

img-2986517-1-tumblr_mv1h6x307K1sr50suo1

And here you go. :)

Ehh... give me crap if you want to... but I <very much [slightly]> disagree with the personalities given to the ponies here.  Not all, but <some>.

*Give me a while and I'll come back with my thoughts on what personality type I think the ponies are...*

(btw, if you want a better version of the myers-briggs/jungs personality test, go HERE: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp)

P.S. I've taken Psychology, Sociology, and Philosophy, and I've also done some studies on this test in my own time, so, if you're wondering why you should believe me at all as to why I feel this way, that's why.

(I'll be back sooner or later with my thoughts on *this*)

Edit: The text above in these symbols: < > (because I exaggerated, and it's less than half that I disagree with)

I will be posting my altered version with reasons why shortly...

Edited by Miles
  • Brohoof 1

Do this:

http://www.16personalities.com/

And use this chart:

img-2986517-1-tumblr_mv1h6x307K1sr50suo1

And here you go. :)

Oh, I guess I never gave what pony I am according to this chart.

Luna by the way. I feel like I'm more of a Celestia based on her description, but meh. I've actually taken the Myer Briggs personality test 3 different times, and always ended with INTJ, so I can't really argue with it.  :please:

Ehh... give me crap if you want to... but I very much disagree with the personalities given to the ponies here.  Not all, but some.

*Give me a while and I'll come back with my thoughts on what personality type I think the ponies are...*

(btw, if you want a better version of the myers-briggs/jungs personality test, go HERE: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp)

P.S. I've taken Psychology, Sociology, and Philosophy, and I've also done some studies on this test in my own time, so, if you're wondering why you should believe me at all as to why I feel this way, that's why.

(I'll be back sooner or later with my thoughts on *this*)

Thanks for the other test, I got INFJ again on this one too. :)

I've always been and INFJ, I retook the test to make sure, but other MLP personality quizzes say I'm Twilight. But this one says I'm Fluttershy. I guess this ones more accurate though.

EDIT: Never mind, I'm Celestia. I misread that, she fits me better. XD

Edited by Blue Snowfire

Whaaa?

So I know that I'm far more extroverted in my 30's than I was earlier in my life but I was still expecting to remain an INFJ. Nope.

Holy shit! I'm Fabulous. :D

ENFJ

EK4ocRk.jpg

PIHsPYN.jpg

zxBGT6g.jpg

rzIFgpI.jpg

Okay, so, I'm done with my critiquing of the Pony Personality image.

Before that, I do again wish to let you all try THIS (http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp) instead of the less extensive versions (such as the pony one), and THEN match your type with the respective pony, if you'd like.

---

The moment you've all been waiting for:

9735be8d0b.png

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna should have each other's types switched, ergo, Celestia is an INTJ and Luna is INFJ.  

Same goes for Spike and Rarity; Spike is an ENFJ and Rarity is an ESFJ.

Why?

Celestia is more logical and reasonal.  That is not to say she has "less" feelings/emotion (everyone does, no matter their type), just that she doesn't succumb to making a rapid and/or illogical decision based on feelings in the way that Luna has/does.  She plays the leader role effectively when she is called upon, and makes well founded decisions.  

Luna, on the other hand, uses much more emotion in her decisions.  She has placed logic to the side in order to make a decision in which she believed would benefit her, which was largely based on her emotions and feelings.

As for Spike and Rarity, my explanation, quite simply, is summed up by this:

6f01e739aa.png

See how I swapped the little descriptions (and the S and N)?  I think the fact that Spike's description matched Rarity more, and that Rarity's description matched Spike more, is enough in itself.  I could give my own reasons, but I feel that the picture above in the spoiler does enough justice as it is.

AND... I leave question marks on Sweetie Bell and Applebloom because, well, I still haven't quite figured out how to explain my thoughts on them.  It's... complicated.  I don't necessarily agree, nor disagree, with what they've been given.  But, I've been working on this - going through EACH of the types given to the ponies, figuring whether or not the type given to them in the original image does or does not match their personality - for like, 3 or 4 hours... so, my head hurts, and I don't really want to keep trying to figure out my thoughts on Sweetie Bell and Applebloom right now.  Idk, maybe later, just, not right now, *sigh*...

---

By the way, if you're wondering... I'm an INFJ.  And yes, that's based off the longer test; the one I linked at the start of this post.

• Brohoof 1

(btw, if you want a better version of the myers-briggs/jungs personality test, go HERE: http://www.humanmetr...win/jtypes2.asp)

No, this test isn't good. While the questions are theoritically correct, how do you want to answer to "Are you responsible?"? This question is very, but very hard to answer without feeling like saying lies. So the test I provided, I think it can give more accurate results because there are less questions that have a positive and negative side. (It's better to do both ofc)

And ofc, the characters are developped by tons of different writers, so some of them can fit in many types. It's not very stable, it just gives an idea.

The moment you've all been waiting for:

Well, it makes sense. :P But I'd encourage everyone to do both tests.

I've always loved this test! I take them whenever I can, even though the results are ALMOST always the same. I'm usually an ENTJ, but I strongly disagree that I am like Trixie. (Sometimes I get ESTJ, and I could see me being comparable to Applejack).

Trixie, to fit the role of an antagonist, got her flaws exaggerated. They don't really show her qualities. That may explain why you don't really identify to her. So yea, no worries. :P

No, this test isn't good. While the questions are theoritically correct, how do you want to answer to "Are you responsible?"? This question is very, but very hard to answer without feeling like saying lies. So the test I provided, I think it can give more accurate results because there are less questions that have a positive and negative side. (It's better to do both ofc)

And ofc, the characters are developped by tons of different writers, so some of them can fit in many types. It's not very stable, it just gives an idea.

In the same way that you give reason as why you think it's not better, I give the same reason as to why it is better.

Everyone has their own logic.  I believe the human metrics link I provided gives the best free test (of the Myers-Briggs/Jung P-types).

You are supposed to answer these questions with the utmost honesty via thinking about what you've done in the past.  You are what you have done (and have thought [of yourself]), rather than what you will do... because, what you have done, is well, done, and thus, is what you have made yourself out to be already.

With that in mind, taking the test I provided a link to will be effectively much easier to do.

BUT... I haven't tried your link out yet - and I'm going to do that right now and see what I think of it.

(remember, I took college courses in Psychology, Sociology, and Philosophy, so these things [like these tests] interest me alot.  Once I get done with the test you linked, I'll post my thoughts on it)

• Brohoof 1