Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite & Recommended Fanfictions

Slendermane

Never have posted in this thread before and good I found this maybe I can find some more awesome fics.

So far I really enjoyed Cheerilee's Garden it is a very dark story but it was very well written... just be sure you can handle some very disturbing situations.

Then you saw here by Possibly Dominator ~ A great story of Derpy :3

What is a name? by Key Tapper ~ A great fic of Pinkie Pie/ Pinkamena

Pokemon World Collision by Thepkmnchamp ~ A crossover between pokemon and mlp 

Mort takes a holiday is also a great one I read as well.

Never have posted in this thread before and good I found this maybe I can find some more awesome fics.

So far I really enjoyed Cheerilee's Garden it is a very dark story but it was very well written... just be sure you can handle some very disturbing situations.

I admit, I find that one a bit of a gulity pleasure because the psychological horror aspect is so well written and Evil!Cheerilee is both intriguing and horrifying to see into the mind of.   

There are too many factions I adore to narrow it down to just one or two, and besides, they're all to my taste, so I won't share them quite so proudly.

But I shall mention one of my most favourite authors, Ezrienel. She is a professional, published novelist, and her writing is simply to die for. I once read three of her fictions in one day! You can find Ezrienel on deviantArt or FimFiction.

Through Changes by Symphony

One of the best Discord fanfics i've ever read in a super long time.  Also with a part two just makes reading it much better!

Fed Up by Firefanatic

I'm not a huge Tia fan myself but this story comes with a deeper look into Sunbutt's thoughts and such but also a good level of humor in how things go.

I recently read The Numbers Don't Lie by shortskirtsandexplosions. I loved the story's idea, and it was executed very well. I love SS&E's work, and one thing I really love about his fics is that he is really spot on with getting the character personalities right, and this fic was no exception. Definitely worth checking out :)

• Brohoof 2

Haven't read a lot of fanfics before, (Rainbow Factory, partialy Cupcake and just started Fallout : Equestria) but I feel that Fallout : Equestria is going to be awesome...

Edited by Shadling
  • Brohoof 1

In terms of quality and style of writing alone, my all-time favourite would be the ongoing The Adamant Triskelion trilogy by Ponydora Prancypants, with Flight of The Alicorn complete and The Abyssal Forge currently in the works. Simply put, Rarity is caught up in the greatest airship race in the world and eventually lands in the midst of an international and deadly conspiracy to dethrone Celestia and Luna. The quality of writing is without a doubt one of the finest things I have ever read. The buildup and pacing is perfect with a careful emphasis to make sure there are enough twists to keep the reader in suspense while maintaining an immaculate sense of action so that the story does not feel like it is dragging on. Character portrayal and development are spont-on and evident particularly in Rarity, Blueblood, Fancypants, the Mane 5 etc, it was like watching an episode of Friendship Is Magic. OCs are interesting, and the story expands onto a greater never before seen part of Equestria. A combination of action, mystery and romance.

Another great story I would recommend is Fallout: Equestria. I have never seen such a bold and vast attempt at fan fiction. What stands out is its memorable characters, possibly the best characters fimfiction can provide. If one is not daunted by its massive length, feel free to launch into the massive world of the post-apocalyptic Equestrian Wasteland. The story also has a degree of emotional attachment.

If one were to delve into shipping, than for starters, I feel that most good shipfics involve Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy, therefore, try Coming Back (incomplete), Journey to the Centre of the Rainbow and The Things We Leave Behind etc.

Other Great fics:

The Elements Of Gaming

The Immortal Game

My Little Dashie

Past Sins

It's A Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door

Tartarus Infernum

Nightly Rendevous

Last Of The Dragonlords

The Combinatorics Project

my favorites :

Romance Reports. by sleeplessBrony.(contains some clop) a little cloppy, and it ships a lot, but its a well done story about twilight as she goes to learn about love (its kinda like the show itself, but with more adult content and luna fills the role of twis mentor.

Inner demons by Saffirelibra3. (Dark content)

the party hasn't ended by Butterscotchsundae.

trixies getting back on her hooves

trixies trying to make amends with the mane 6, but her sister interferes at every turn.

the Kropolu Sector by Unholyheaven an excellent starcraft/mlp crossover that places the ponies in the roles of the terran and protoss. unfortunately, it stopped at chapter 50 and never got finished.

I'm gonna go back and read through this, since all the good stories I've read have gone on hiatus or been cancelled. :(

But first, a few favorites of mine:

A Voice Among the Strangers One of the few great "HiE" (Human in Equestria) stories.

Twisted Tales Through Time Too bad it's on hiatus.

Book of Days Haven't read the whole thing, but what I have read is *glorius*

• 2 weeks later...

I read a lot of pony fics so it's hard for me to recommend which ones but I think Past Sins, Nightmare Night and Nyx, Winter Bells should be a good start along with the one-shots in Pen Stroke's "Past Sins" series. I love the character of Nyx from those stories.

I think one of the ones I best recommend was A New Hero by AlexLoneWolf. By the way, it's not a ripoff of the show, it's an entirely different fanfic that takes a more daring and slightly darker approach that answers the question: How would the show fare there were 7 ponies in the main cast?

• Brohoof 1