MK15

57 users have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite season?

• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3
    • Season 4

2>4>1>3

The season 2 was the best, there's no "bad" episode, and it has many of my favorite episodes, including my favorite ever: Read It and Weep.

Edited by Blobulle

2>4>1>3

The season 2 was the best, there's no "bad" episode, and it has many of my favorite episodes, including my favorite ever: Read It and Weep.

You don't see The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well as a bad episode?

I still do think Season 2 is the best, but Season 4 comes close.

S4. I don't care really much for the others, they still had the typical morals, and S3 was just pretty bad. Though, all of them were enjoyable, the S4 finale basically won over almost, if not all of the other episodes.

• Brohoof 1

Season 4. I love all of the seasons personally, and I can't even pick a single episode I didn't enjoy to some extent. But season 4 wins by just overall being the most interesting. Though I'm hoping season 5 can top it.

In order though it's: 4 > 2 > 1/3. I don't hate Season 3 personally. It has some problems but I still enjoyed it.

In order it would be 2>4>1>3. Season two had the greater amount of enjoyable episodes in it and more memorably moments for me. You ask me to remember a particular moment from the show, chances are it'll be something from S2. That's not to say Season 4 wasn't enjoyable, but it lost out to the second season by the tiniest of margins.   

You don't see The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well as a bad episode?

No, I agree it's not that good, but I don't consider it as bad either.

A bad episode would be Magical Mystery Cure. :eww:

Edited by Blobulle

Here's my ranking...

4=2>1>3

I mean, I love every season out there in the show, and its episodes of course, but if I want to see quality writing and everything that makes a show good, I'd go for Season 4 and 2.

Though, if S5 exceeds my expectations, this could be the ranking...

5>4=2>1>3

(Don't own a TARDIS yet, so just take this as a prediction, y'all... :P)

Edited by Not Rising Shine

For me its a very close matchup between Seasons 4 and 2, but Season 4 comes out on top. While I like Season 4 for its memorable and profound Applejack moments (and Cranky), Season 4 had far better developed plot, character growth, its own moments and an excellent pilot and finale - more than can be said for any season prior.

I would say its not even fair to put Season 3 up there, as its not even a whole season - it was cut in half and the finale was badly rushed, Season 4 for me has defied many, if not most of my expectations and it sets the bar high for future seasons and episodes.

Four-way tie! xD  Just kidding.  Though it's actually difficult for me to choose.  For the most part, I think the show's gotten progressively better with each season.  I really enjoyed season three; despite its being half the size of all the others.  Even though "Magical Mystery Cure" soooo did not sit well with me.  And there are a good number of episodes I enjoyed in season four as well.

Hmmm...  Season four or season three, I suppose.  Two-way tie lol.  Season one is my least favorite even though there's still plenty to like there; most notably The Ticket Master, Griffon the Brush Off, Fall Weather Friends, Sonic Rainboom, Over a Barrel, and Party of One.  Season one had more great moments than it had great episodes, IMO, and season two rectified that.  Also, the CMC annoyed the hell out of me at first; that hurt season one in my eyes. xD  It wasn't until "Ponyville Confidential" in season two that I really started to warm to them, and now I quite like both Squeaky Belle and Scoots.

No one's even reading this lol.  So much for being concise.

• Brohoof 1

Ahhh, another favorite season poll. I haven't seen these in a while :D

My favorite has got to be season 4 hands down. The animation is just so gorgeous, I dare you to watch an episode from season 1 or 2 and then immediately watch an episode from S4 right after. The difference in quality is staggering. I only hope that the quality gets better and better as time goes on.

I've noticed that everyone has put S3 at the bottom of their favorites list. And I can't really blame you. S3 is the dark-horse of the bunch with only 13 episodes and having a finale that still causes debate today. I will say that i'm glad that Hasbro experimented with the 13 episode season length only to find that we preferred full 26 ep's instead :)

Actually.... I have to be honest: despite the fact I admit that the S3 is the worst season objectively talking (however justified by the fact that Hasbro gave Meghan and company only 4 months to write it) it's not my least favorite (mainly because I love 7 episodes from it and 3 of them (Magic Duel, Sleepless in Ponyville and Magical Mystery Cure) excluding the whole fourth season are my three favorite episodes of the show), the S1 is my least favorite, because it has 8 episodes I don't like, and one of them (Stare Master) it's still today, my most hated episode of the entire show (and that says something since even though I dislike  15 episodes from the whole show the only two episodes I REALLY hate are that one and Rainbow Falls). Plus the annoyance of the people that consider it the only good season of the show, partially decremented my love for it. This is my rank for the seasons:

S4>S2>S3>S1

Edited by MK15
  • Brohoof 1