Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Alrighty :catface:

Okay, so here’s Eventide’s current appearance:

D05117F2-B7C0-4846-A48C-82AD404C567F.thumb.png.71e110a56ded300f9d4d3a4bd306e238.png

As you can see it’s preeeetty different. She’s a kirin / lunacorn (bat pony unicorn... or just bat pony it probably doesn’t matter—) hybrid who’s probably also part not-bat-pony. A lot of the things I originally noted about her are still the same though.

There was also the matter with some sort of mind-influencing magic I was considering giving her. I’m thinking she inherently has the potential to use mind-influencing magic, but it would take a loooong time to use competently and at the moment she only knows how to use it to make her voice a bit more impactful when she sings. (Not quite like the sirens, it just intensifies the feels of her songs.) Her necklace might also be enchanted to help her use it (possibly by one of my other OCs, which might explain how she might contact him later... Hehehehe).

I think I was originally going to have the roleplay be on the day she committed friendship issues so there’d be a potential for her to get uLtRa SaLtY and... turn evil or something (and I think you mentioned poor Cover-Up might be a good target for mind influencing magics), although chances are I forgot partway through the roleplay that I was ever doing that :sealed:

Tenebris (shadowy being that in my AU/HC corrupted Luna and Stygian) might help along with the evil thing though, if that doesn’t interfere too much with this world’s lore

Either way I’m definitely interested in working with her and Cover-Up again ^^

@Califorum

This thread have been around for over 6 years. It were bound to happen that a few looks from varied angles, would come through. ^_^ I got hopes for this one already though. She seems paranoid.

====================================

@Galaxical Phoenix

Luna in this RP is already her usual, regular self, so brining in some other variant wouldn't really work. Thinking we can spin things differently, to cause the issues though.

Right, but the char first. Lemme see... Great picture, though I'd strongly suggest sticking with two halves for the hybrid, rather than having it three ways. Kirin have magic reminiscent of Unicorn magic, so having Unicorn in the mix is somewhat redundant. Keep it to Bat Pony and Kirin only, and include what I tend to when it comes to odd hybrids. That being genetic issues of some sort, as well as it being rare for it to happen without.

As an example: My zebra/pegaus hybrid have hormonal issues that caused severe growth pains in her early years, and a high level overabundance of energy, that have to be burned off, or her system could short circut. Causes her to have to fly around a lot, among other things.

For you, I'd suggest a few things. First off, you mentioned she prefers dimmer areas, yes? Bat ponies are often thought of as having potential issues with light sensitivity. She could have that too, requiring her to keep her eyes shaded, or not wander in too bright areas. Maybe get tinted goggles, even.

Second, from the Kirin side. You mentioned she is emotional? Far as I recall, emotions are a factor for Kirin, with for example their alternate form. Perhaps have her emotions affect her magic then? It would work into the siren-like effect of her singing, as it is an outlet for her magic, and would be affected by whatever mood she may be in. Also, bat ponies are based off of creatures with sonar, in a sense. Having sound being the easiest outlet to have it function off, would make sense.

Though, I'd suggest making it somewhat reliant on her emotions, what will happen. At least for now. Make her have to earn the ability to affect others what way she wants, and for now, keep it at it being somewhat involuntary. Remember that singing doean't have to mean she adds magic, unless she choses to, or gets a reaction from a heightened emotion, like being stressed, or angry. There are ways to make it a quirk, as well as a leash on her current potential. :) Would also mean that it would be stronger when she were at emotional spikes, and well... Fury is quite a nasty bugger in that department. :)

As for other things... Well, have you considered diet? I've seen a lot of bat pony users mention how they need protein. Mostly from bugs, or small critters. Just a thought. :)

Anyway, on to the situation itself: She's a hybrid, and Ponyville have shown to not be too great when meeting new beings. With the recent attacks by first the shadow monster, then the recent combination of a hydra (off stage) and a swarm of huge, frog monsters, they'd be a bit up in hooves.

So, I'd say that some of the more paranoid locals are pestering her, and telling her to get out of the area. Away from their foals, before she makes like a piper and draws them away to eat them, or something. Irrational things, but paranoia is an ugly little goblin. It could potentially get her spiked up, and if not, I could add that something physical  went on too. Maybe some of the roof work slid down, after the recent renovations to town, and nearly hit her. Fragile emotional state, along with a near miss? Seen less, do more. :)

As for Cover Up, I'd like to use him too, though been some time, so... I'd suggest we say that after their last meeting, things ended somewhat awkwardly, and in the days since, he have wandered around town at times, hoping to run into her again, and hopefully not shove his hoof so profoundly down his own throat this time. He could stumble over her at the point where she had an issue, and end up being targeted by her magic by acccident. It's fun, letting my chars suffer now and again. ^_^

As for artistic mind control, he is an artist himself. Maybe in time, they'd accidentally find out that she is able to have her express her abilities slightly through painting, via their interactions? A future plot point, perhaps.

Ah, and as for how to get past her being part kirin: He doen't know what they are, so he couldn't mention it, even if he had wanted to. And he didn't remark on the odd looks, as he were already trying his best to not be rude.

Sounds good? Also, working on getting a picture of him done. Can't get it like I had originally showed him, so gonna have him recieve a minor makeover. Mostly with his mane and tail. I'll explain it away with him wanting to try something different. Or being roped in by a mane dresser when he came in to have the tips done, and not having the spine to say no. Frankly, the latter fits him better. :)

@Califorum

Paranoia fuels many of my chars. It can be a strong tool for character progression. ^_^

====================================

@Galaxical Phoenix

526696069_Screenshot_20201230-021849_AvatarMakerFantasyPony01.thumb.jpg.467251ea7127cfcd786f056d7fff6b64.jpg

There, finished. Turns out I could get his mane and tail done reasonably close after all. :)

As for his attire, keep in mind that he comes from a very reclusive community, practising diferent standards and cultures than Equestria are used to. He doea not see a sweater primarily for Pegasi mares, but just something that fit his coat color pretty well, which meant he'd have to use less ink to cover his scars. :) As the clerk didn't think it was for himself, she did not mention it.

• Brohoof 1

@Califorum

Devious, and misguided. Her end game is good, but the path there is pretty much the classic "for the greater good" mentality, that leads most supervillains, that think they are doing what's best for others.

Haven't seen much of her thus far to judge her fairly, but we'll see soon enough, as things goes on, and we see a few more layers of her in greater details. :) Should be back to posting on Sunday, after I've gotten home again.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

He doea not see a sweater primarily for Pegasi mares,

Sniff?

Do I smell Gender Coding?

OH, HERE WE GO!!!

I mean, technically speaking, we can't speak for what traits count as what gender in some hypothetical world. Like, we routinely see male ponies with long, fluffy, gorgeous Modern hair in Equestria. Probably because the show is making an attempt to fit current trends and dating itself horribly. 

I have to apologize. My author is getting Pan-dantic!

I'm going to ignore that. Equestria is a forcibly Matriarchal global culture. One where a purely herbavoric prey species gained dominance in world power. Kind of a bit alien for a Human mind to conceptualize. No matter how rural or isolated your pony town is, i'm pretty sure they might have caught wind of the several dozen millenia old lady that rules ontop the central mountain. That's kind of a pretty concrete & provable myth in this world. 

Unless, of course, you just wanted an excuse, B.B, to have a pony with clothes that exactly & mathematically match their skin color. And that's adorable, Boopie!

Unless you just happen to have a specific thing about light-colored, shaggy, long fur!

What? Me? Nooo~

*Floofs yard-thick neck ruffle*

Gosh, wonder where I get that from?!

Edit:

@Blitz Boom

...and this is a Different Phoenix i'm thinking of, yes? Not the orange mare I was ruining the relationship of?

And I have to ask.... @Califorum?

How do you "fail" an OC? I don't know what you mean by that. I know not all of my ocs can be precious, flawless babies... cus that stance has its own troubles.

... such as having an endless list of OCs we can't do anything with.

Which does remind me that I wanted to do something with my Kirin ponysona...

Edited by Widdershins

@Widdershins

I wanted him to have clothes that matched the color of his coat. He is very insecure about his massive amount of scars, which is why he have painted himself constantly, as he prefers that kind of attention, over the focus on his scars.

So he found a shop with a sweater and set of socks in thise colors, and decided to buy those, as it would help him cover things more, without having to rely on as many tattoos.

As for why he have one sleeve free: Advertisement. He still need to show his craft, to earn some bits here and there. Plus, this allows for a spare sock, in case one gets ruined.

As for gender things, I just added that because I thought it'd be funny to have him confronted by someone saying he were wearing mares clothes at some point. :D

Oh right, and the society Cover Up comes from. Allow me to elaborate a little.

His entire town, were made of settlers from Harrowmark (essentially the MLP world's version of old timey Denmark). They wanted something differebt, but not too much, so they settled in an isolated area, and kept mostly to themselves. Long as they abided the laws of Equestria, and didn't try to throw out visitors, it weren't an issue. Yet they prefered to run some things their own way. Such as practicing certain beliefs, and their own way of fashion. Which were mostly sort of brown farmers clothes.

They were well aware of who Celestia were, but that did not mean they accepted to live entirely like Equestrians did. And long as they did not practice sacrifices or the like (which they didn't), they were generally allowed to do most things their way.

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins

Yes, different Phoenix. Which does remind me that I should get some usage out of Rose and Smokey again someday. Still makes me chuckle to think about when you realized that Rose were pinning for Smokey, and they were cousins. :D

As for the OC, some just doesn't last, due to varied reasons. Such as vaning interest, or wanting to use other ones. Like say... Having a bunch of OC's that's meant to turn into a hydra, who pauses it for the time being. ^_^ Hehe.

Which does remind me also, that I need to poke someone.

Heh, @Seamore Sandwich? Are you alright mate? :)

And @Kujamih? You still fresh on starting something?

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

I'd strongly suggest sticking with two halves for the hybrid, rather than having it three ways.

@Blitz Boom

Fair enough. I mean, the lunacorn part is supposed to be based on some other headcanon that... ah well, it doesn’t really change Eventide either way so yeah, it’d probably be best to keep this simple and go for kirin / bat pony owo; 

and include what I tend to when it comes to odd hybrids. That being genetic issues of some sort, as well as it being rare for it to happen without.

That... huh. I’m surprised I didn’t think of that

First off, you mentioned she prefers dimmer areas, yes? Bat ponies are often thought of as having potential issues with light sensitivity. She could have that too, requiring her to keep her eyes shaded, or not wander in too bright areas. Maybe get tinted goggles, even.

This is yes. And also part of the reason why I made her part bat pony in the first place

Tbh I dislike bright areas in real life but I also find sunglasses to be uncomfortable so that’ll be... fun. I can imagine Eventide has something like my sensitivity to brightness but possibly amplified, and almost all the time

I also may or may not need glasses, so I guess she could have tinted glasses, but she’d hate them lol

You mentioned she is emotional? Far as I recall, emotions are a factor for Kirin, with for example their alternate form. Perhaps have her emotions affect her magic then? It would work into the siren-like effect of her singing, as it is an outlet for her magic, and would be affected by whatever mood she may be in. Also, bat ponies are based off of creatures with sonar, in a sense. Having sound being the easiest outlet to have it function off, would make sense.

This is also yes. This is also part of the reason why I made her part kirin, haha.

Though, I'd suggest making it somewhat reliant on her emotions, what will happen. At least for now. Make her have to earn the ability to affect others what way she wants, and for now, keep it at it being somewhat involuntary. Remember that singing doean't have to mean she adds magic, unless she choses to, or gets a reaction from a heightened emotion, like being stressed, or angry. There are ways to make it a quirk, as well as a leash on her current potential. :) Would also mean that it would be stronger when she were at emotional spikes, and well... Fury is quite a nasty bugger in that department. :)

True, and fair

and also yes

As for other things... Well, have you considered diet? I've seen a lot of bat pony users mention how they need protein. Mostly from bugs, or small critters. Just a thought. :)

I guess I could tie in being a picky eater with this. I imagine not a whole lot of pony food would cater that well to a kirin / bat pony hybrid

plus just normal pickiness lol

Anyway, on to the situation itself: She's a hybrid, and Ponyville have shown to not be too great when meeting new beings. With the recent attacks by first the shadow monster, then the recent combination of a hydra (off stage) and a swarm of huge, frog monsters, they'd be a bit up in hooves.

So, I'd say that some of the more paranoid locals are pestering her, and telling her to get out of the area. Away from their foals, before she makes like a piper and draws them away to eat them, or something. Irrational things, but paranoia is an ugly little goblin. It could potentially get her spiked up, and if not, I could add that something physical  went on too. Maybe some of the roof work slid down, after the recent renovations to town, and nearly hit her. Fragile emotional state, along with a near miss? Seen less, do more. :)

Also fair!

I mean, even if ponies were chill with kirin, they know next to nothing about bat ponies. She could be a vampire or something!!

(Of course, not literally, but fear is indeed a powerful thing.)

I can imagine she might have to live at the edge/outskirts of Ponyville, for her own sanity so others don’t bother her so much.

Then if she happens to be angry singing one day she might accidentally project that on one of the forest creatures or something...

I'd suggest we say that after their last meeting, things ended somewhat awkwardly, and in the days since, he have wandered around town at times, hoping to run into her again, and hopefully not shove his hoof so profoundly down his own throat this time. He could stumble over her at the point where she had an issue, and end up being targeted by her magic by acccident. It's fun, letting my chars suffer now and again. ^_^

As for artistic mind control, he is an artist himself. Maybe in time, they'd accidentally find out that she is able to have her express her abilities slightly through painting, via their interactions? A future plot point, perhaps.

Ah, and as for how to get past her being part kirin: He doen't know what they are, so he couldn't mention it, even if he had wanted to. And he didn't remark on the odd looks, as he were already trying his best to not be rude.

All of that sounds good to me! I, too, like to torture my characters

There, finished. Turns out I could get his mane and tail done reasonably close after all. :)

As for his attire, keep in mind that he comes from a very reclusive community, practising diferent standards and cultures than Equestria are used to. He doea not see a sweater primarily for Pegasi mares, but just something that fit his coat color pretty well, which meant he'd have to use less ink to cover his scars. :) As the clerk didn't think it was for himself, she did not mention it.

Cover-Up is such a bean

That is all

This is going to get extra fun if Eventide’s friends ever get involved ajshsjcuhwicuwnnfjshchwhhh

Edited by Galaxical Phoenix

@Blitz Boom
I have to say that the RP with Nada is bit stale, and it is mostly my fault, as I have made her so avoidant of trouble that she kinda just ends up going through the same conversations again and again, just with different characters, and in general she has been the hardest to come up replies with. :please: So should we just wrap that up with open ended thing, like something about she finally getting a message from the princesses? We could make it so that she settles in her old singing place and that she's to keep low profile until the situation in ponyville calms down a bit?

We could replace that with a new story/rp with different characters from me (I have made bunch more since Nada and have a pair that I'd like to flesh out in form of RP, their situation is similar to Nada's but also very much different)? There is also 3rd character that is ultimately linked to them, but he would mostly work as background npc/exposition dumb depending how it would be handled, if we were to do that.

@Catpone Cerberus

Nada is tough to deal with, I'll admit, as she is somewhat reliant on the story with the princesses moving on, but I haven't heard from Seamore in a long time.

At this point, I'd suggest three options then.

1. What you said. We leave her at the singing place, and she can have some alone time, with off screeen interactions, and being her up again at somepoint when we have some ideas.

2. I take over the princesses roles for now, and do my best to do at least one of their parts, and we move the plot along this way. This will likely require a trip to Canterlot though, via teleportation. Twilight will eventually come in over it too, via @Sekel, as he uses Twilight.

3. Basically the same as the first, but the plot will move along, once Twilight returns to Ponyville.

I leave the decision up to you on this. :)

As for new chars to replace Nada, or take up additional room in replies/pop in when Nada have downtime, let's hear them. Let's see what you got rummaging through your head. ^_^

=====================================

@Galaxical Phoenix

Seems like we're ready then. :) If you wanna start it, go right ahead. If nothing is there by January 3, I will pop in something, along with the other replies by then.

• Brohoof 1

@Kujamih

Alright, rule number one: You are not allowed to destroy this dimension. We sorta need a world to RP in. xD

Beyond that, made the setup thus far, for an accidental tear in the fabric between worlds. We'll see how it goes from there. Though please, no dimension destroying, nor murder. Otherwise, there will be no cake for you. :)

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Nada is tough to deal with, I'll admit, as she is somewhat reliant on the story with the princesses moving on, but I haven't heard from Seamore in a long time.

At this point, I'd suggest three options then.

1. What you said. We leave her at the singing place, and she can have some alone time, with off screeen interactions, and being her up again at somepoint when we have some ideas.

2. I take over the princesses roles for now, and do my best to do at least one of their parts, and we move the plot along this way. This will likely require a trip to Canterlot though, via teleportation. Twilight will eventually come in over it too, via @Sekel, as he uses Twilight.

3. Basically the same as the first, but the plot will move along, once Twilight returns to Ponyville.

The fist one is basically what I meant, and the lack of seamore is why I suggested her getting a letter, because while the princesses have a player in this, I assume they are something like they are in canon, so how I see it, I'd say celestia would in current situation just send a letter that says something along the lines of now being bad time to go ahead with the progress of getting sirens back to society, and that Nada should just hang around somewhere keeping low profile until things return back to normal.

The truth is that I'm kinda dry in ideas on how to play Nada, so it would be better to wrap her up for now and see if someday in future she can be picked back up. She hasn't really yet made a greater impact to the world so pushing her into the background shouldn't cause any trouble.

As for new chars to replace Nada, or take up additional room in replies/pop in when Nada have downtime, let's hear them. Let's see what you got rummaging through your head.

the third character that is connected to them is the one linked in the start of the backstory. I'll go more in detail how they could be introduced if we decide to go with them. 

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Kujamih

Alright, rule number one: You are not allowed to destroy this dimension. We sorta need a world to RP in. xD

Beyond that, made the setup thus far, for an accidental tear in the fabric between worlds. We'll see how it goes from there. Though please, no dimension destroying, nor murder. Otherwise, there will be no cake for you. :)

Don't worry! The fail safe team works as a team... so everyone in the fail safe has to vote for an erradication :laugh:

And crimson gauntlet( @samurai equine[he changed his name]) wont allow such cruel acts...

And we only destroy uninhabitable dimensions.

• Brohoof 2

@Kujamih

Just in case you missed it by the way, the setup have been made, and Windy have thus far replied. I will reply to thing Sunday, so if you have not put in a response to the things set up thus far there, it will go on a bit, and you'll be able to catch up from there. :)

Which does remind me. @Windy Breeze? The noise is coming from the outside, not far from the front door. Blitz went back inside, but Molotov is outside, overseeing the tear in the air. I figure they are likely to have bitten notice in that perhaps, yes? :)

==================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Been reading that, and kind of confused. It keeps mentioning Nightmare Moon, which far as I know, were not a long lasting presence in the cannon. Are they from some sort of alternative timeline? A dream made real? Having a bit of a tough time placing them, as it seems this is important, but contradicts what I know of things. A little clarity would be appreciated. :) Also, what sort of magic do they use? The bios mentions them being adept at magic, but not what kind.

On 12/31/2020 at 9:38 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

The fist one is basically what I meant, and the lack of seamore is why I suggested her getting a letter, because while the princesses have a player in this, I assume they are something like they are in canon, so how I see it, I'd say celestia would in current situation just send a letter that says something along the lines of now being bad time to go ahead with the progress of getting sirens back to society, and that Nada should just hang around somewhere keeping low profile until things return back to normal.

The truth is that I'm kinda dry in ideas on how to play Nada, so it would be better to wrap her up for now and see if someday in future she can be picked back up. She hasn't really yet made a greater impact to the world so pushing her into the background shouldn't cause any trouble.

Alright. I can have a letter arrive in the next post, and push her towards the lake for the time being, off screen until a situation arises where you have ideas, on something that she might have to do. :)

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Kujamih

Just in case you missed it by the way, the setup have been made, and Windy have thus far replied. I will reply to thing Sunday, so if you have not put in a response to the things set up thus far there, it will go on a bit, and you'll be able to catch up from there. :)

Which does remind me. @Windy Breeze? The noise is coming from the outside, not far from the front door. Blitz went back inside, but Molotov is outside, overseeing the tear in the air. I figure they are likely to have bitten notice in that perhaps, yes? :)

==================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

Been reading that, and kind of confused. It keeps mentioning Nightmare Moon, which far as I know, were not a long lasting presence in the cannon. Are they from some sort of alternative timeline? A dream made real? Having a bit of a tough time placing them, as it seems this is important, but contradicts what I know of things. A little clarity would be appreciated. :) Also, what sort of magic do they use? The bios mentions them being adept at magic, but not what kind.

Alright. I can have a letter arrive in the next post, and push her towards the lake for the time being, off screen until a situation arises where you have ideas, on something that she might have to do. :)

Oh, my bad. Let me take a moment to fix my error

Been reading that, and kind of confused. It keeps mentioning Nightmare Moon, which far as I know, were not a long lasting presence in the cannon. Are they from some sort of alternative timeline?

Yes, from dystopian timeline to be exact. Since you only mentioned Nightmare moon, I take you didn't read Solar Silver's backstory that's linked here  

Info about their world can be found here https://mlpforums.com/blogs/entry/25250-solar-silver-oc/

But shortly put, they are from dystopian timeline where they (sheska and trox) lived under Nightmare moon's rule, they are rebels and got imprisoned, but at some point during their imprisonment they along a part of the prison they were imprisoned in got transported into a different world somehow (yet to figure out the details) and in this case that world is this RPs Equestria. 

The reason why I'm also bringing up Solar besides the extra information about the world is that he would have appeared year or two before Sheska and Trox, and would most likely be one of the first to contacted so that he can see if they are from his timeline and if they are a threat. 

10 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Also, what sort of magic do they use? The bios mentions them being adept at magic, but not what kind.

I just thought it as general magic, but I'd say it's something similar to unicorn magic, just bit more combat related. I haven't made a list of spells or anything, but...
They have levitation, but it's not as refined as unicorn-levitation, and is closer to something like the force in Star Wars or whatever Scarlet Witch does in marvel movies, and other than that they have various offensive and defensive spells.  

They use it through their hands.

@Catpone Cerberus

Must've missed that link. My apologies.

So alright, Solar is a modified pony, from an alternative timeline, with a database in his head regarding the knowledge of the empire he worked for, yes? Okay, we're gonna have to chat a bit here about potential restrictions, before we go into how the three of them would even be in the other timeline.

It's two, simple things really.

1. I would urge you that the database you mention, are only influenced by Solar's own timeline. That means, that while he'd have information on how things went in this too, until a certain point, there is a lot he will not be aware of, that would contradict his own experiences and data. It'd help him have knowledge of for example, where to find certain ancient, hidden spots. But in turn, most things since the thousand years that passed since the timeline diverted, should be completely new to him. It wouldn't make much sense for him to know much of the world, when he comes from one that drastically went in another direction.

2. Regarding his combat prowess, just be aware of regular limits, or work with that reluctance you have written him to have, towards the actions he have taken towards others. It gets boring when you're dealing with an invulnerable master of all. :) Though I'm sure you already had that in mind. So far, I haven't seen any sort of Mary Sue tendencies with you. ^_^

Now then, as to how either would even get here... You mention technology have expanded drastically, yes? That would perhaps explain how Solar got through? Freak accident with a machine, from someone desperate to get away from things. Or are the insinuating that the mysterious figure is the one to have sent him off, and in some fashion, did so for the kobolds as well? Or did either of them merely stumble into a tunnel with erratic time magic at play? I think it might be important that we establish to some degree, how a group from a millennia in a diverted timeline, managed to get into another one, where things had not gone belly up.

Also, we'd have to think on how to get them started, if we got things sorted.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

with a database in his head regarding the knowledge of the empire he worked for, yes? Okay, we're gonna have to chat a bit here about potential restrictions, before we go into how the three of them would even be in the other timeline.

It's two, simple things really.

1. I would urge you that the database you mention, are only influenced by Solar's own timeline. That means, that while he'd have information on how things went in this too, until a certain point, there is a lot he will not be aware of, that would contradict his own experiences and data. It'd help him have knowledge of for example, where to find certain ancient, hidden spots. But in turn, most things since the thousand years that passed since the timeline diverted, should be completely new to him. It wouldn't make much sense for him to know much of the world, when he comes from one that drastically went in another direction.

Bit of a correction, he used to have all the knowledge of the Empire, but since it was a server of sorts, he no longer has all that information as that database doesn't exist in this RPs Equestria, but he does have lot more information (and can memorized lot more information) than a normal pony (though lot if isn't useful in this Equestria) since he has a smaller database inside him. And naturally he doesn't know what didn't happen there and he couldn't learn later.

As an example, since he would have been in Equestria for the year or two now, he would most likely be aware of the main events in history, but he wouldn't know anything about the tree of harmony (until it's public knowledge) and how it works, since it didn't exist in the way it does in canon. He also knew only what the Solar Empire knew, so there would be plenty of things from Nightmare moon's realm he doesn't know.

Also just came to mind to add, while he doesn't know for example what happened with Tirek besides the public history, there is a version of Tirek he knows, since their world would be mirroring this Equestria kinda like the EqG did.

. Regarding his combat prowess, just be aware of regular limits, or work with that reluctance you have written him to have, towards the actions he have taken towards others. It gets boring when you're dealing with an invulnerable master of all. :) Though I'm sure you already had that in mind. So far, I haven't seen any sort of Mary Sue tendencies with you. ^_^

like I said in this 

On 12/30/2020 at 11:21 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

There is also 3rd character that is ultimately linked to them, but he would mostly work as background npc/exposition dumb depending how it would be handled, if we were to do that.

Solar would be more of a background/side character, mainly working as a way to share information and work as sort of a link between this Equestria and the siblings, having some experience from both, thus he wouldn't really be involved in conflict directly anyway. He could also, if we are to say that he works for the princesses to some extend, used any situation where a contact from the 'government' is needed but no princesses are available (if such situation arises.) 

Think him as a guardian who makes sure that the kobolds don't cause too much trouble or get in too much trouble.  

This rp/story would focus on the struggles of the two siblings who are suddenly transported from dystopian nightmare to what to them is impossible paradise, bit similar to Ruby when you think about it, just less hostile. 

Now then, as to how either would even get here... You mention technology have expanded drastically, yes? That would perhaps explain how Solar got through? Freak accident with a machine, from someone desperate to get away from things. Or are the insinuating that the mysterious figure is the one to have sent him off, and in some fashion, did so for the kobolds as well? Or did either of them merely stumble into a tunnel with erratic time magic at play? I think it might be important that we establish to some degree, how a group from a millennia in a diverted timeline, managed to get into another one, where things had not gone belly up.

Or are the insinuating that the mysterious figure is the one to have sent him off

Yes

and in some fashion, did so for the kobolds as well?

maybe

The general rough idea I currently have is that the mysterious figure (who I'm yet to decided the exact identity of, but there's 2 potentials) sent Solar to a different world for currently unknown reason, and either somehow by accident the kobolds (or more precisely, piece of a underground prison where they happened to be among the guards that didn't survive the journey.), or the prison got transported in by partly or not at all related portal that just happened to open there. Regardless, it was magic, not technology. 

Also, I think it less as a time-magic and more as dimensional magic, it is canon that there is different dimensions in MLPs world, so this is just one of the potentially infinite worlds that just hasn't (luckily) been found yet. 

one may ask why Solar and the kobolds arrived at different times if they "left" at the same time and to that I say the timeless void, which again is canon. 

I create OCs for the character, I don't think the science or power-level to perfection.:awwthanks:

Also, we'd have to think on how to get them started, if we got things sorted.

I have suggestions for that.

Someone either stumbles upon or purposely seeks out the place where the part of the prison appeared (the place doesn't really matter to me as long as there's sunlight) and arrives there around the time when Trox manages to break through the rubble  (or in other word, some hours after it appears)

the kobold siblings are brought to hospital after being found by someone (they are in pretty bad shape after all)and it starts from there, the prison being only mentioned.

someone finds visibly confused Trox carrying his sister in middle of nowhere and it starts there.

Regardless they'll probably end up in a hospital for at least a visit in the start:twi:, and that's where Solar would make his first appearance.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

Alright, I can work with that. Thinking... Prison thing then pops into a place, and they then have the first one they run into, help them to a hospital. It'd be a kind gesture for them to start off with, which might help them. If they just woke up in a hospital, somewhere not covered in darkness, me be thinking they would perhaps freak out.

Though, regarding that. Any sort of issues with sharp sunlight, with the kobolds?

Anyway, what sort of companion, and area, might fit the best? Depending on the area you'd like them in, I have several options. Like, if you are thinking Ponyville, the simplest is likely the desert area in the Everfree Forest, and you'd be escorted by Queen Onache. If near Las Pegasus, it'd probably be a member of Hive Cheshire, or Brute Force. Canterlot? Likely my dragon Benny., or Scarcity. And so on and so forth.

Basically, what hospital would tickle your fancy? :)

• Brohoof 1