Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

You watch your talk about Acid Holes, Little Miss Anomaly! Such impolite topics for discussion, in this, a Faaaimly Forums! 

Acid spewing is a pretty rare thing to find in non-insectoid lifeforms. Sure, lotta amy-nals spit various bodily fluids when they feel like it. But I don't see anything untowards about acid specifically.

I have. BEEN on the Internet! Spitting acid is likely one of the tamer things!

Hey, I wasn't the one that insisted on being a Furry.

I like Fluffy! Besides, liking animal characters is nearly the basis for all of animation and especially these here forums.

Oh and Monsieur Boom; my initial confusion there was that it is unexpected to be attacked in the middle of town. I was kind of working towards my own confrontation of a hydra wrecking a building and needing to be talked down from the initial shock of it as being the pseudo-fight sequence. Since I kind of am aiming for a more social drama compounding to assault, I had my characters deal with this sudden intrusion summarily. Chiefly, I find it quite unexpected to have frog monsters amidst a modern town, especially indoors. Random encounter battles with monsters never happen indoors. There's simply no room to fight.

Why yes, there's NEEEVER been any indoor monster fights in this, a Roleplaying Game of a Massive amount of Multi-ple Players. There's just NO precedent for that.

Yes, I agree. Widdershins backs me up on this.

Certainly not in any recent games, I, ourselves, have played. Certainly not just raising issue with this because it's taking attention away from the author's own storytelling at being a grumpy nerd.

You're being awfully specific. I'm beginning to think you might have issue against my point.

How are you not catching my sarcasm?!!?  You're writing me saying this! You're aware enough to write sarcasm, but not understand it as you type it?!

Well it's patently absurd that I would be using it against myself. I can't logically lie to myself.

My Author Can't Be This Dense.

.....New idea for an Anime Sitcom!

Oh, uh, @Blitz Boom?

It's "Flit", as in what a butterfly does. Shorter form of Flutter. Stop saying "Slit", It sounds a little.... "Untowards."

*Snickers*

Oh, and, um. If it's okay to ask?

Why do we have sudden things to fight now? I thought we were working towards a climax where *I'd* be the thing y'all were fighting? I know I've kinda been exaggerating the getting to that point but I was aiming to have some time to express character quirks beforehoof and assign some characters that would get to know each "head" enough to be able to talk them down. As the whole point of being a hydra character is to be neigh-invulnerable physically, but much more so mentally. Kinda force a bossfight where it has to, and can only be, talked out.

I feel bad about reforming back into a hydra and taking swipes at y'all when we just got done fighting a mutant frog swarm.

Have I been passive-aggressive? You'd let me know if I was?

(edited)

@Widdershins

You and @Pastel Heart seemed to be in a bit of a rut, and I had no idea how to get Slimpsy away, without using force anymore, so... Opportunistic monster attack.

Figured it'd eventually force your chars together, and cause the transformation then. At which point, you could start off by say, eating Princess (the main monster), and then we take your story from there. Seemed like an interesting way to move things along, let you show off how the varied personalities would deal with something like that, and then put forth an interesting dilemma, once they formed. You'd be a large, scary monster, who'd surely think the worst of how others would react (and some will react very poorly), but at the same time, you would have saved the town. It'd be something the varied companions you made throughout town, would leverage for your benefit eventually, were they to get through and calm you down. As I assume panic will take over, he'd still be a rampaging monster to deal with at the start anyway, as you planned.

There'd still be turmoil, a need for your hydra to be calmed down, and the destruction of property you desired. It'll just help the story along, and give some leverage for the hydra's benefit, in the aftermath.

Plus, this way, you might not eat a random citizen. They hate that. :P

Those are my arguments at least. But you could deal with Princess and her spawn first, use this time to learn more of each other, and showcase your characters from how they do in a crisis situation. Then gather up for a town insistent on handing them praise for the help, aaaaaan- Accidental Hydra. Right after one monster attack, the citizens would be frazzled, and would panic even easier.

Also, sorry for the wait. Hand only got numb, rather than burny, around half an hour ago. Trying to sort this with my off hand.

¨P.S. Sorry for the name confusion on Flit. Will correct it soon.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Sekel

Found a new creator program, so made an updated picture of Last Stand, once she gets armored up in new gear, befitting the color that Twilight's princess outfit is, in the screenshots I've seen of the last episode. Figured I might as well share it now. :)

Couldn't get the sword in, but the rest should fit.

FB_IMG_7743599973151502556.jpg

@Blartz Blurg

Okay, so i'm going to drop where things are going on that neck of things. Give some time for @Pastel Pants* to catch up. It's... what, the second rescue scene in the matter of one day? I'm kind of worried we're doing a bit terribly too much and scaring 'er off.

As well, i'm dropping for now the area where Scarcity, Long Stare, Blither, SS, SF, Chop & Razzle Dazzle are. I'm not sure what we're much doing right now. In terms of, like Goals. You want I should go eat some frogs, bro? Been trying to incorporate @Satchel** in more so they get a read on what the rest of Shortstack's family is like so they can have those to interact with too... and I feel i've been failing at that. For the most part, it's just been Scarcity chatting away with Blither within earshot of the poor dragonpony and he's just been... well, Blithering away.

I do believe I've mentioned that? That i'm seeking to pair up a pony to each of my hydra's 'heads' so that when I get to the point of "Oh hey, hydra in town. It's upset." There's a separate response for each pony who gets to address their corresponding head that they've gotten to know as a pony, to see how each aspect of the whole hydra entity interferes with the others. Because I feel that's a lesson that needs to be talked about more. That sometimes, you can defuse a seemingly insurmountable problem by just talking about your feelings.

...just not when talking to goo-launching frogbeasts.

* Darn. Now I super want some nice, pastel colored pants. So hard to find.

** So just how the buck do you pronounce that name?

Edited by Widdershins

@Widdershins

I have been trying to move the varied ones apart. I have attempted to move Sekel and her char out of the building, and offered that some of your chars could help there too, to give more space between characters. Hence, more varied interactions. Yet so far, no bite. Much like with Slimpsy, I am attempting then, to force things along instead.

Best bet I have right now, is causing chaos, and try to force them to move. Split up if need be, and allow for some interaction between the varied groups more smoothly, as well as attempt new connections.

I may have some idea how to do this in another way, but it would require me to be allowed some degree of godmodding powers, for a brief moment. Nothing major, but it would include me essentially splitting everyone all over town. I can also use this moment to get rid of the spawn, if they are as big of a trouble for the writing process for you, though Princess will remain for now.

As for you and @Pastel Heart needing time, that's fine mate. Take all you need. :) I can work something out with the scene's I'm needed in, down the road, in the meantime. Especially if I get the premission slip from you all.

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins @Pastel Heart @Sekel

There, the circle of life goes on, and if ignored, their new, natural predator, will handle the frog spawn.

There is also the option to have groups split up some, as to give more time for more interactions between ones, as you asked for, Widders. Say if for example, Shortstack and Dazzle both were near one of the leftovers, of the frog creatures who went after them, they could easily be split up, and get some alone time to bond.

I can't mess with time, so this is the best way I can see of fixing this right now.

....And yes, there might have been some incentive, in me wanting to use some new avatars, but that's just convenience. :D A means to try and sort this, in a way that made it 100% option if you wanted to take part in the monster attack, or ignore it as it sort itself out.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

It's been a hot minute since I last posted here because online schooling (blegh) took my time. Last thing I remember was Dazzle trying to get the frog's attention but I think one of Widders characters took it out? What are you, Boom, trying to do with the monsters that invaded the area all these characters are in?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Widdershins

You said you wanted characters to be dealing with yours without being overshadowed by say, Scarcity. Hence why I have out up the option (nothing forced) to do that.

I am trying my best to accommodate this hydra story, but I'm confused as to how to do it, when there's first talks about how they need to be together, yet they linger forever in other places. So I try and give a little incentive to push especially Slimpsy along, as I do not have characters interacting with him, whom forces others along, and he's not responding to being lured or asked. And then this pushing things along becomes an issue, along with them all bring stuck close in the office.

To quote:

On 8/23/2020 at 2:22 PM, Widdershins said:

Been trying to incorporate @Satchel** in more so they get a read on what the rest of Shortstack's family is like so they can have those to interact with too... and I feel i've been failing at that. For the most part, it's just been Scarcity chatting away with Blither within earshot of the poor dragonpony and he's just been... well, Blithering away.

I do believe I've mentioned that? That i'm seeking to pair up a pony to each of my hydra's 'heads' so that when I get to the point of "Oh hey, hydra in town. It's upset." There's a separate response for each pony who gets to address their corresponding head that they've gotten to know as a pony, to see how each aspect of the whole hydra entity interferes with the others. Because I feel that's a lesson that needs to be talked about more. That sometimes, you can defuse a seemingly insurmountable problem by just talking about your feelings.

...just not when talking to goo-launching frogbeasts.

As were said when this started, the monsters were just meant to push things along, and provide an option for something for the hydra to deal with, if it were. That is now being sorted, as apparently, that were unwanted. So as I wrote: It is wholly optional. Ignore them, and the problem resolves itself.

The transport were also optional, and a way to try and accommodate the want for more personalised interactions, like you showed a want for. If you read the post, it does say that this are not assured to even affect Blither and the others, as they are not ponies. Dazzle technically falls under that as well.

If this isn't working either, I dunno what to do. :( I have tried basically all angles, both pushed and open ended, after the passive way apparently were not helping, and I'm not sure how else to get to the point you had in mind, of gathering the pieces. Especially not Slimpsy and Flit, since neither are seemingly interested in going to see the others, despite what they're told, and I can't exactly force either to go anywhere. You wrote both as basically being impossible to just hogtie, due to their speed.

A hint, please? :) *offers doughnut bribe* Have I missed something?

============================================================================

@Sekel

As written to Widders, and in the post, the whole monster attack, are fully optional. They can be ignored, and the issue will solve itself now, as a more benevolent predator is after them. Or they can be splattered. Whichever suits you both. :)

And both Widders and my own chars, basically nuked them both around your last post mate. There's no more living frog monsters in the building.

Page 401, around 1/4 down the page. :)

And I amsorry you have to deal with online school. Sounds grueling. :(

Reason for the char here to hunt the frogs, are basically a way of solving the issue. Ponyville's weird enough for someone chasing frog monsters with an open mouth, to not be weird enough to register for folks, I reckon. The town sorta jades folks. Or makes them crazy. Seems to be either or. :)

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

I'm honestly confused at what's happening with @Widdershins's characters with the Hydra. Besides, it doesn't look like Shortstack is interested in even talking to Dazzle despite her constantly trying to goad him into a fight. What else is there about the character? That's all i know he does!

@Sekel

He also seems to get uncomfortable around signs of affection, and are a very protective brother figure. I figure the latter are an easier way for you to connect to him, maybe. Even if Dazzle is a single child, perhaps she would understand wanting to protect your family?

If not that, poke at Sunny. Figuratively, or literally. That seems to rile him up, even if it is positive. :)

• Brohoof 1

@EQ_Theta

For the record, I did roll the D20 die to determine who won the moontag game, and I am surprised as well to see that Sen and Rosa got the same amount of points. Not huge odds on that. :)

Lin did amazing though, it turned out. :D

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@EQ_Theta

For the record, I did roll the D20 die to determine who won the moontag game, and I am surprised as well to see that Sen and Rosa got the same amount of points. Not huge odds on that. :)

Lin did amazing though, it turned out. :D

That would be the strangest stroke of luck on a dice roll I've seen in a long while. I was surprised how this one turned out but I'll take it!