Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

You'll have to forgive me, @Blitz Boom. I'm not very given to being proactive. I am kind of passive and, uh, heh, cowardly. I've figured the more you prolong going to the point y'all said you were, then the more time you have to talk and basically display the characters.

Flit, I feel, has already acquiesced to going back to the offices with Monolith. He's flippant and a "Bro" of a stallion, so he's not exactly the sort of personality to go out of his way to appeal to other's wishes if they don't align with giving himself something to do. That's how i've been writing him, as the sort to glomp onto whoever he's introduced to immediately and reluctant to let go for somepony else if he can hang around and bother who he has now. 

It's basically alignment, I suppose. Slimpsy is too Panic to ever think any plan is worth the risk so he has to be forced physically, pretty much. That's how i've mentioned several times that even his own 'family' has to drag him around by his tail. But that even if he was a fast runner, he's much too cowardly to even fight back against anypony if he even had the strength. I feel quite certain even the fillies he's "protecting" could pull him along against his will.

I guess... Like... it's not entirely in the character to be agreeable. I should be taking every chance to resist story progression, right?

That's what I was kinda trying to do too, @Sekel.

Having multiple conversations going, having anyone in the room being able to take part in anything going on there. Like where Shortstack, Sunny & Chop were, they ought be able to hear you, and you hear what Chop is saying. 

...but maybe that's a bit too chaotic for me to handle. I'll admit... i'mnot very good at socializing or interacting.

I-i'm sorry. I've.... really, really not been in the mindset to be creative, playful or... positive lately. I think a big sign of that is how much I've been repressing Widdershins even in the thread.

Been real bad stressed over my current job. Been hard to think lately.

@Widdershins

(Sorry, hadn't seen you wrote here. :()

I think I get what you mean. So Slimpsy needs to be forced, and Flit are content, long as those he's clung to, follows as well. I can work with that.

Flit and thw others could just head for the office jow, lead on by Alonsus, worried about his coworkers. Whereas Slimpsy, might get there by accident.

How would you feel about Jelly crawling up to hide on his face, due to one of the frog things getting too close, and blocking his view? He might well run literally into the office then.

If not that, Stargazer could come around, and forcefully - both physically, and while ordering - make them go to the office, as he finds it easier to secure.

Which would suit you better?

============================================================================

@Lucid_Nightlight

Holy macaroni. 😳 I'm so sorry to read your mind's messed up like that these days mate. :( If you need to go, don't worry about us, okay? Your mental health comes waaaaaaay before this, and we'll always be here, to welcome you back if it is. Same if you need to talk about things.

========================

I won't be writing today, due to a home visit. I'll be back and getting something done within the next couple of days though. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Sekel

I will edit in the rest of your replies later. I just have to get to work first, and get that sorted, so it'll be some time. I had hoped I could get it done beforehand, but I sadly couldn't, and well, I don't wanna risk the site deleting all I've written so far, so best to post what I have so far, and make it full later on. :)

@Blitz Boom I'm pretty sure Arachnaphobia ranks in at least the top hundred on the list of his fears. If for no other reason than he's heard other ponies are afraid of it so there's probably reason for him to, too! 

Maybe that's something that ought get worked into conversation sometime. Slimpsy suffers from Phobophobia. Which is the fear of being afraid. And while that sounds exaggerated... its also just that Getting-Riled feeling you get when you're getting geared up encountering something you are afraid of. And the thing is, that this guy is supposed to be a big lizard predator thing so he's supposed to be strong so he just gets stuck in noticing that something has the potential to be something scary, and that he's not okay showing that weakness. Which, inevitably, makes him weak.

Now, I agree though on your point. So you would have to basically set me up in enough narrating to basically tell me to go run into a wall, I do so, then you narrate (after I stop) that I had arrived, even if my character doesn't know the place as that.

...but, uh.... I dunno when Pastel Heart is coming back though. So we should probably put on hold until then.

I am kind of regretting attempting a multipart, responding-to-multiple-characters-simultaneously thing. Since I hadn't really thought at the time I would be dealing with... uh, quarentine, stressful working conditions and such during.  I still wanna do the Hydra thing, but I fear I don't have the energy to put in anymore...

I'm not very good at making decisions. Especially not these days.

That's, uh, about all I know for now about what to do. I don't much know what else to do on the other parts...

Kaltrop's story I certainly know a plan for, but i'm kind of lost as to what to do on every other part.

With @Catpone Cerberus, I do plan to follow him and let him figure out how to obtain the Golden Muffin that's floating above a bolder perched precariously on a tall rock spire as you so often see in fantasy-adventure settings and just let the catch be what the Golden Muffin actually does. But I don't want to spoil that just yet, just have it be recommended that it not be held for too long!  ...i'm just not yet aware of how to respond in the current spot we are now as nothing has really changed apart from travelling.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Have to cover a shift at work, for a sick colleague, so I sadly won't be able to write today. :( Looking forward to Thursday when I can though. :)

It's okay to help your friend. You have to do what you have to do.

So, um, I need help?

Like, I need advice on roleplaying, I think. @Blitz Boom? I don't know how to respond much at all to @Catpone Cerberus's last post, but I do want him to get to a point so I can let him kinda solve the problem of how to get across. Is it okay to just start saying "Okay, I can see now up ahead, that this is the place of which we said we was going to get to!" and maybe, I dunno, just describe more flower-y the setting for the puzzle? Because there's only so much Travelling Conversation I can do.

And which reminds me, BB... if you could remind me what the goals and what's going on with my other points?

Like... um, Correct me if i'm wrong here!

Slimpsy is sherparding along two fillies... into the side of a house. But that's on hold until we hear from Pastel again.

Monolith has left the cafe during a town-attack, with Alonsy talking to him, and Flit following after with Hat Horse and both intend on heading back to the police station?

Blither, SS, and Sunny are at said station, heading outside to see what the matter is with what's going on outside with Scarcity & her sister and Sekel's character is talking with Sunny?

..I'm getting lost.

@Widdershins

I need to know where you're at with Catpone first. Been several pages back, and I can't find the last time you two wrote. You're doing a dual Draconequus adventure, yes? I figure throwing him at the, or into the, puzzle, seems about on point for ther kind. Log as you leave him a chance to respond in kind, like say "Threw him towards the puzzle, aiming to have him melt into a piece" rather than "Threw him into the puzzle, and he immediately became a piece". Just give some wriggle room, and you can surely push it along a bit. :) Though maybe, you should ask @Catpone Cerberus, rather than me? :D Considering this is a one on one between your chars.

5 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Slimpsy is sherparding along two fillies... into the side of a house. But that's on hold until we hear from Pastel again.

I am not entirely sure that Pastel returns. For the time being, consider her to be an NPC, and then @Pastel Heart will catch up later if it is. :) Might be the player is busy as all heck elsewhere, or something. And yes, the synopsis is correct.

5 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Monolith has left the cafe during a town-attack, with Alonsy talking to him, and Flit following after with Hat Horse and both intend on heading back to the police station?

Close. Monolith is being talked to by Alonsus, while Straw Hat is asking Flit to come along. More or less, they're trying to group up, and get on the way. Monolith is potentially also having his wounds from where the frog monster bit, licked by the unnamed shark pony, depending on if it is blood. If it is goo, she will move along quickly, and if the wound closes on its own, she'd just wandering off, to hunt more frogs. This were after going to town on the frog that were trying to eat Monolith's leg.

6 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Blither, SS, and Sunny are at said station, heading outside to see what the matter is with what's going on outside with Scarcity & her sister and Sekel's character is talking with Sunny?

Sekel's char have been encouraged to talk to Sunny, which Dazzle (I hope i remembered that right, @Sekel) is now attempting. Scarcity is still mostly occupied with Blither, whilst Stare is looking on, to see how it goes with Sunny and Dazzle. Chop last interacted with the frog, like the one that Shortstack caught, by smashing the second one, that Blither had in his possession. He is standing ready to interfere, if Shortstack tries to get too overprotective of Sunny.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom @Widdershins I'm partly busy elsewhere, partly exhausted from everything thats happened to me. I simply can't keep up. Sorry.

If you want all the details of whats going on with me, see this status update from awhile back. Be warned that it's heavy, though.

Otherwise, I think I gotta quietly resign from this RP. I can't handle juggling two RPs, plus the stress and circumstances of my life right now. Very sorry. I really did have fun. Maybe I can return another time.

@Pastel Heart

That's alright. You go take care of things, as best you can, and I'll just have Pastel written out as having to get home to her grandpa to hide from the monsters. If ever you feel like things are going well again, just take it up from there, and we'll be happy to have you back. :) Take care, and stay safe.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/22/2020 at 4:08 PM, Widdershins said:

Like, I need advice on roleplaying, I think. @Blitz Boom? I don't know how to respond much at all to @Catpone Cerberus's last post, but I do want him to get to a point so I can let him kinda solve the problem of how to get across. Is it okay to just start saying "Okay, I can see now up ahead, that this is the place of which we said we was going to get to!" and maybe, I dunno, just describe more flower-y the setting for the puzzle? Because there's only so much Travelling Conversation I can do.

On 9/22/2020 at 11:08 PM, Blitz Boom said:

I need to know where you're at with Catpone first. Been several pages back, and I can't find the last time you two wrote. You're doing a dual Draconequus adventure, yes? I figure throwing him at the, or into the, puzzle, seems about on point for ther kind. Log as you leave him a chance to respond in kind, like say "Threw him towards the puzzle, aiming to have him melt into a piece" rather than "Threw him into the puzzle, and he immediately became a piece". Just give some wriggle room, and you can surely push it along a bit. :) Though maybe, you should ask @Catpone Cerberus, rather than me? :D Considering this is a one on one between your chars.

You're free to do what you seem fit @Widdershins, I'm still equally out of ideas, that's partly why I keep bringing up seemingly random things in the dialogue, trying to see if a conversation can be started.

@Blitz Boom sorry about not replying, the week has been quite awful and now I got interrupted before I could reply, so I'll try to post tomorrow but I will post Sunday at the latest.

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins @Catpone Cerberus

Remember: If there's an issue, fix it the draconequus way. Make an even bigger problem, and let it deal with the first one. Someone else will likely take care of the new one eventually. :)

And no worries Catpone. had a long day yesterday too, so I didn't complain about having an easier load for a bit there. :) I'll see you around when the time's right, and I hope your weekend at least, is gonna look up after the week you've had.

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

You're free to do what you seem fit

...  Yeah, but... I hate feeling............. "Uncreative." I feel I owe you more than "oh HaY! Now We got to Teh Next Part of Teh Story!"

I wan' play wit' you, Kitty!

That being said... @Blitz Boom?

As much as I like my hydra, priority it may be, would it be alright if we just dropped all of that for now?

Like, until ...uhm.... Certain Unstable RealWorld Events clear up? I kinda started all that ambition back before, um, the rest of life got complicated. Maybe pare it down to Cerb and Sekel? More one-to-one roleplays? I realize this would leave Razzle Dazzle (I'm aware that might not be her name, but it's too cute and now that's what her name is!) hanging, but we can work on a restart to there too, if possible.

Like, sure maybe I can manage my one character with two others working off of instead of....  Me being three seperate entities in a room with another guy being three and a third guy being one or two in a list of....

Uh, have headache now, lol!

And if you wanted to keep up on me on a more one-to-one, we could go back to Ambie. And I HAVE been working on a new "pony"sona.

@Widdershins 

That is not solely up for me to decide. It also depends on @Sekel, due to Dazzle. I can have that derailed, and put your chars somewhere on a backburner, but since this also impacts Dazzle, Sekel needs to have a say in this too.

Unnamed shark pony will clear the town, and have that sorted in the background, so that is handled with that. Sekel's opinion then comes in, but for all intents and purposes, the lot of them will be in stasis for a time. I guess it could be written as... I dunno, they get derailed to somewhere else, while the Mayor figure out what to do, or something like that. And the one of them runs around somewhere else. Flit I suppose. Or Monolith, honestly. Due to his leg wound, a hospital stay could put him separate for a time.

@Blitz Boom

Was going to play into that Mono isn't hurt, but clearly showing that he should be. On account of not really being a pony and all.

I'm kinda fine with just dropping things and picking them back up a year later or so. Like, continuing Continuity, sort of a side Timeline of events that can be then later tailored to fit whatever else is going on when its reintroduced.

Like, say, I believe Ambie just went to bed and left Happy Hour with a vauge promise of his parents coming to town. That Happy would wish to visit them, that is.

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins

The thing with Ambie is so long ago, that I have no idea what went on there, or even really who Ambie is anymore. :/

As for the town... I can't really put this whole thing in stasis. The town will be resolved, that cannot wait a year, or I can't use Ponyville as a proper setting anymore. If Monolith and the rest aren't resolved now, they have to be sequestered in some way, or potentially sent away, until the time comes, when they return. And as for how to do so... Well... There Is an *In case of emergency, break glass* option here, where they could in theory, be ^phased out*, until the time were right to put them back in, if that is what you mention. Though I need to be sure how to proceed here, with them, before I try and push anything through.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom & @Widdershins

Yes, Dazzle Gleam is the character in this section. If you are having a hard time with this multi-part character you've created Widders, it's fine if you want to shelve them for a while Dazzle, Long Stare. and possibly Scarcity can continue on just fine. Dazzle was simply trying to get Sunny's attention to talk with your characters more, Widders.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom
Just letting you know bit of my plans/few new details regarding Charir and Ruby.
I have created more characters, and because of that Ruby and rest of her family line has changed a bit, it won't change anything that is established already, but Charir may end up being bit more magical than his older sister. Basically what has changed is that Ruby isn't as pure-blood as she thinks she is (and was before this), I haven't yet decided where exactly in the bloodline the change(s) are, but there is one or more of the more magical variants of dragons in their blood.

• 3 weeks later...

@Sekel

Oh phooey. Completely forgot about Dazzle Gleam. O.o Sorry mate. :( I'll get something done for the next time we're interacting. What sort of thing should we go for there? A simple *A few hours later, once things had toned down* kind of thing, and then just see where it takes us?

• Brohoof 1

@Widdershins
I hope my response was somewhat aright, I stared at the text for like half an hour before I came up with something so....not your post's fault necessarily, i'm just not at my best state at the moment when it comes to RP.

@Blitz Boom
same to you, though with these most of my time went with writing rather than coming up with what to write, since unlike with Cerberus the catpone, i have though about how they would react to different things many times in advance:please: though I do tend to have bit trouble with Nada's part,  

it took like 2 hours for me to write them all :scoots:

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

I'll try working on getting you some responses, before night's end. :) And don't worry about things mate. Sometimes, the words just don't wanna come out.

As for the part with Nada, just keep in mind that she's dealing with an innocent, yet efficient killing machine, thrown out of her usual element, and made into something new. She's like a curious child looking for answers, and what Nada teaches her via her actions and words, will end up molding her.

Or I suppose, she's Nada's hunting dog. Make sure to teach the pupper what to fetch. :P Hehe.

• Brohoof 1