Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@@Driz"Mostly....fish...but I...can live...off a vegetarian...diet....but I become...weak." Serenade sits up, folding her forelegs under her"But...there is....something Sirens...can do.." Several deep breaths, "Sirens....can...feed off...disharmony and negative emotions...to fuel our....magic." Serenade blinks, "I've...never done that....Princess Luna...would have...my flank...if I did." She tries to smile, remembering not to show teeth.

@@Blitz Boom,

Misty approached the box, she waved a hoof over the lid, opening it with magic, she was inside, so she knew it was safe to do. She smiled at this accomplishment, but the smiled disappeared when she spotted the contents. "Astral, I don't think all the dark magic books got put in the bag."

Astral walked over to the box, seeing its contents. "But they checked the wagon, so would would they miss it?"

Misty looked up at Astral. "Might've just been luck?"

"Heh." She snickered a bit. "There's no such thing as luck, so it might be that guards are as stupid as they are said to be."

Misty giggled, looking at the books. "What's in these ones though?"

"They talk about dark magic creatures, and sorcerers." Misty looked at Astral curiously. "Yes, sorcerers use dark magic from time to time." She grinned slightly, looking down at the book. "Kinda like I have."

Misty picked the box up. "Are all of them about creatures and sorcerers, right?"

"Yeah, but you shouldn't read it at your age. It can cause paranoia." She levitated the book away from Misty's hooves, into her own, she also levitated the box away out of her grasp, Misty didn't resist this very much, knowing resisting telekinesis holds barely any effect, especially Astrals. "I'll put this away downstairs, you keep out of it." Astral said, looking at both Misty, and Chow. The box closed mysteriously, no hoof movements or anything.

"Fine..." Misty said, secretly having the intention of binge-reading the book during the night. Her curiosity was too strong to resist the idea.

Astral put the box down in the basement, wondering what could be in those books as well, but deciding to leave that for tomorrow, after the tour. "Might take us a few hours to get it all in. Don't know if we can come up with things to talk about during that." Astral said as she walked up the stairs of the basement.

"It's not like we need to talk Astral." Misty said turning her head to Astral. "I'm sure Chow's fine with a few hours of silence as we carry in boxes."

Misty opened the box@@Seamore Sandwich,

Francis blanked, he had only one favorite food, being a changeling and all, it was love. He couldn't just say. Excuses were the answer, as usual. But instead, he went to listing foods he ate, with his muzzle. "Hay burgers, all the flavors of chocolate, and all the flavors of ice cream, milk... Lots of things, I can't usually pick favorites though." He looked around the store. "Sweet things are another of mine, I just can't really say what I wouldn't like here. Maybe if you give out samples?" He asked, looking to her.

@@Blitz Boom

Ghilan rummaged through the documents once more, hoping to find anything else amiss. It was the one note that was slipped in there that raised his suspicions on one of two things: a piece of information that is simply there to throw him off or the possibility of a secret ally. Or both of his suspicions are from one and the same source. He didn't know anyone who could show an interest in the matter and he certainly didn't let anyone else know about this. Everything done up to that point was all his doing and yet someone knows about the plan to investigate Solasan's actions. 

"I didn't get anything from the healer." Ghilan examined the note closely, specifically the quill strokes. "I only brought in your injured companion and asked her to look after him. But these items... Mushrooms and spindleweed?" 

Lin thought those sounded familiar, but those two ingredients are commonly used for different items, usually tonics or salves to treat minor cuts and scrapes. The mushrooms are cooking ingredients but the medicinal uses escape her. 

"I'm stumped," Lin said. "We should pay the healer a visit. This note here is a lead; we mind as well put it to use." 

Sen was already at the hut's exit and waiting for the group to move. Ghilan stayed behind to put out the fires lighting the communal hut interior before catching up with the rest. The healer was about to turn in for the night and have one of her assistants take over her duties. It was the routine to look after the sick and injured throughout the day and even in the evening, but she was getting old and her body wouldn't be able to handle the stress. Ghilan was the first to spot her and he waved to her. The latter caught the sign and approached.

Ghilan gestured the group to hold still while he approached the healer with the list. There was the expected whispering and exasperated pacing from the elder but he returned disturbed with what he was told. 

"Some good news and bad news, everyone. The good news is the healer knows what the note is talking about. It's a concoction that induces hallucinations to whoever drinks it but the effect isn't one of confusion. It lets them relive repressed or forgotten memories in vivid detail, the kind that can be useful for gathering hidden information. The bad news is that same concoction may lead to strange side effects, potentially harmful ones." 

Edited by EQ_Theta

@@Blitz Boom,

"Mutual respect until further interaction? Perfectly acceptable I shall not pry, nor would I even want too, everyone has a story of virtue of vice. Or both and this story almost always involves hardships and the like"

Void almost seemed to refer to himself as well as Belladonna in his talk, his casual neutral smirk returning as he thinks... He may have already found his Ambassador, even if she wasn't of the race. She was an outsider, she saw the larger perspective and he liked that. The added intellect and formality made it even clearer a choice in his mind. He wouldn't ask if she would take the role just yet, his mind totally stern away from the original thoughts of his past, he couldn't help wonder who she was referring to but as he already offered the respect for the previous situational topic he would also avoid prying on exactly who she was listening out for and seeking.

"This talk has been rather insightful and to be fair. I feel I already could easily find the Ambassador required to unify both Changelings in peace, not for just Equestria, but our species as a whole too. It is always nice to have an outsiders situational awareness on an entire issue and you just became the outsider I needed I guess? Hope outsider doesn't sound to harsh a descriptive for you but as you can blatantly understand. You're a pony and I am not, simple as that ey? Eheheh"

Void felt his chuckle almost sending a macabre tone but he shook his head, the past thoughts obviously being a stirrer on his emotions even if he hid it quite well, he did enjoy the company of this mare, even though he was initially looking for Briar he found Belladonna, who offered just as much advice as Void himself wanted, which in tow calmed him down, especially after such a critical journey in Voids mind as the Crystal Empire. Many ponies there hold a grudge for their Princess and her husband which causes them to hate Void and his kin even though their Princess forgave his kind. Grudges. Something all species had to deal with and they never offered any peace of mind. 

@@Blitz Boom

"That was a dark day. Everypony was in such disarray during the attack with changelings taking this pony and that. That was until the shield came back up that everypony felt safe once more," Derplight held his head low. It wasn't his best moment. Looking back, he regrets taking part in the attack. All those ponies running in fear of his previous form, it disgusted him. Ponies still doing that still makes Derplight queasy.

Derplight did look up when Briar mentioned his other limb. He looked on in curiosity as Briar lifted the cape and revealed the flower on his back. He mouthed wow as the majestic petals flowed up and down at a methodical pace. This was something he has never seen in his travels, or even heard of. 

Derplight shook himself from the stare of the petals. "I've never met an Evergrown, so excuse my staring," he said sheepishly. 

@@Blitz Boom

Lance didn't notice Molotov flirting with the mare at first. However, by the time Lance had caught up with him, he noticed. "Dude!.. Come on, give the mare some space," Lance whispered furiously. He desperately poked Molotov in hopes to distract him. "Come on, come on. Come on!"

Nerzhei were going to reply to Missklang when the pony returned and made her silently contemplating just grabbing hold of her, wander back to the forge and use her as kindling. She hated over-dramatic being like this.   "Hold on, I gotta address this."   Turning her back on Missklang for the moment, her gaze fell on the ill pony that were trying to prove something by moving closer towards the forge, despite it being quite a distance from them currently.   "I told you, I keep my word and will help you, but what way do you expect me to react when you don't think before you act and try to kill a fr- acquaintance of mine? With laughter? I am not carefree enough to just let something like that be brushed off like that, regardless of how she ended up fine.   Now, stop overreacting to a perfectly logical response, and try to focus here instead. Play with your bombs or something instead perhaps, and show that you can work responsibly with them instead of what you did the last time. Might make me less prone of thinking that you have no self control, and can actually trust you a bit again, which will help as we try to find you a cure. You wanted to be healthy again after all, yes?"   Truth be told, she were unlikely to ever trust this pony, but she could pretend for a time if it were. Provided that the mare gave her reason to think higher of her than she did thus far, of course.

Blood Drops blinked at Nerzhei. "She looks alright to me, It wasn't my fault. That stallion gave me them to start with, if you knew I was so irresponsible. Then you wouldn't have let me have them to begin with. Don't blame your own failures on me" she snorted rudely. She then snorted amused "Me playing with my bombs caused this mess in the first place" she remarked, "You want me to play with them?, Fine" she growled. She picked up her bag of bombs and emptied it on the floor. She then sat on all of them.

"Go on then, your meant to be making me healthy again. Off you go, i'm not gonna be moving anywhere" she remarked.

@

"Can't imprison him, but I can divert him."

The ponies in town were rather easy to get along on something as soon as somepony with authority could begin to use it properly. It tended to demand some respect, but considering how she had gotten their rebuilding efforts going smoothly and more streamlined than usual, most tended to give her at least some, with some bonus points added for her part in fighting the monster yesterday. It was enough to work with when it came to doling out messages and getting things done, as long as she kept it simple. Abusing power would make it all fall apart a little by little just as much as anypony challenging her authority did, but so far she had managed to step right on that thin line in between. Even now, when she had to ensure that Draco and Senvious were kept apart, did things stay manageable. Long as she didn't hide that it was because there were some bad blood it would go well, and that part had been added in the message to go around.

Might be a bother to know for Senvious or Draco that their little feud were known around, but she couldn't afford secrets right now. Not if she wanted things to go well.

"The ponies working at the spa mainly are the Lotus sisters from what I know. They will provide whatever is on the list, as long as you respect them. I don't expect that to be an issue?"

Senvious was an alicorn, and therefore likely high up in some society, but that didn't mean that he had to right to speak down to anypony, and she wanted to ensure that he didn't have the attitude of him being above the *servants* when she brought him to the spa. If she got an inkling that he did think of those like the Lotus sisters to be little more than peasants in his eyes that were just there to serve, she would cut this off immediately, and find him a lake instead. Might be she wanted him calmer, but that didn't mean that she wanted a spoiled brat to ruin the mood around here, though he didn't show too many signs of having his head stuck somewhere the sun never shines. just yet.

=================================================================================

@@Midnight_Aurora

@@Shineling

@@genessee

"Really? Seems silly to take it too slow, but hey, I'm one against two here, so you win this round. Guess I'll start with the curry and work my way up from there." (New color for Molotov.)

He gave a wink to Void who began to look a little more relivd after the stalliong turned over to Storm. She wasn't used to anypony talking to her like that, and frankly wasn't sure what had just happened. Had he tried to flirt with her? No, that wasn't possible. She were too damaged and strange in it to be considered like that for anypony, and she knew it. Likely, he were just mocking him...

Somewhat depressed, but trying to force a smile on her face, she turned to the other two ponies that had helped her against this one, and tried to do what she could here to get some sort of sentence out.

"T-Thank you for that. I don't uhm... K-Know what that was e-even about."

Void cleared her throat a little, then focused more directly on the mare that had asked something about a food item before that had been heard, but Void just hadn't been able to answer it at the time because of... Well, the strange one with metal wings.

Reaching over and grabbing a plate, she put a good piece of food on the plate before reaching it forth and putting it on the desk. Might be that she could reach it all the way and just deliver to the hoof, but she didn't want to interrupt magic with her aura, and reach by hoof would be too close. Any magic would be nullified at that point, including any cloaking spells, in case that was a thing. Not that anypony here would need that sort though. Not like any of them were changelings after all, right?

"Here you go, and uhm... M-My name is Void. I'm sorry if I l-look a little... Nervous. Not used to t-talking with ponies. But uhm... N-No, I should ask you first. What would you l-like?"

A glassy look seemed to go over her right eye for a little as she looked for the word *nervous* in her mind, though not her left. A Glass eyes really only had whatever emotions in them that the viewer guessed there were, which facial impressions for example usually influenced, but you could still see a difference if you tried.

Still, not something she thought much of in general,a nd neither did she when she turned her head a little to the stallion there, whom she had asked the final question to. Couldn't let him stand and go hungry after all, unless Storm had perhaps taken him? O-Oh dear... Well, guess they'd see soon enough.

As for Molotov, he just went straight over to the curry that Storm had pointed him towards and had a sniff, which nearly burned the hairs in his nose straight outta his head.

"Phew, that stuff smells like it could melt through the planet. Hah, I love it! Let's have a crack at that."

The milk seemed a good idea considering the smell, so he poured a good glass fro the nearby can, which seemed to have been deliberately placed the most efficient place. Good cooking skill right there, though the skill he cared the most for were towards what were in the bowl.

A bit of clicking were heard on his back from the mechanical spider that had crawled over to the side of his face to get a better look at the bowl, to which Molotov just grinned.

"Don't be silly Carmen. This stuff would fry your wires or make you explode. Better leave the rocket fuel to a professional."

==============================================================================

@@Missklang

@@BloodDrops

"Hmmm, sounds like my research into chaos magic will need some greater understanding of things than I currently have then. Likely better to wait on expanding to larger concentrations until I have a higher degree of knowledge on the matter, even if understanding it per se isn't possible. Perhaps I can find a book on the matter for a rainy day.

As for you Blood, you can't stay here indefinitely. but if you can just sit there for now then fine. Will give me the time to try and see if I can get a base medallion ready for the tests."

Nerzhei pondered her words for a moment whilst the last threads of her anger began to ebb down for now, then gave a questioning look towards Missklang.

"Do you think you can watch over her as I go and check the forge? And Blood? I would suggest trying to talk with him when I work if it is. Chaos is unpredictable, but strong. Might be he could end up being of some help to your problem as well."

=====================================================================

@@dragon4111

"Well, yeah. Too little sleep is all sorts of harmful on your focus. Can make you end up messing up real badly."

"H-How long do y-you think he have been... A-Awake?"

It was barely a voice that most would be able to hear, but thankfully, Ziggy managed to hear well enough at the moment to pick up on what the bat pony said, though she did wonder why her voice were like this. Nervous, or perhaps afraid? Something to think of more than likely, though perhaps she was just one of them reeeeally shy ones. Like Fluttershy.

"Aaaaanyway. Do you two need help with anything before I zoom away? How about a big huuug?"

Long Stare looked a little pale as the zegasus took a step forward with a big, childish smile on her lips and the question flowing from her muzzle. Might be a good thing to decline that offer before she ended up mortified, though she couldn't find words right now.

======================================================================

@@Seamore Sandwich

"Like a stone breaking the surface, and predicting when the next must be thrown."

Zhu understood what the Creator said, even if many other beings likely wouldn't get it straight away. He knew of what a small change could create, and a simple gust of the wind could destroy in the long run. The threads of things to come were fragile like that, and were sometimes swayed by even the smallest wind, just as the Creator had spoken off when he mentioned Penny, and how his life could potentially have been void without her presence.

The exact results of this minor change in things to come witht he vendor however, which included what were likely his death, came into sight before the two stepped back and they once again stood and would repeat what they were supposed to, though this time he followed the words and actions that were expected of him to the letter, including the balancing on the vendor's nose. He would rather they did not have to jump again to try and fix things indefinitely.

====================================================================

@@Seamore Sandwich

"Messy."

It was the first word that came to mind when Charlie asked her about the outside world, and something she found were generally true about everything that went on.

"So much fighting, hatred and evil actions are out there that it can feel hard to comprehend sometimes. It will make you question whatever it was ever worth it stay there sometimes, or if it wouldn't be better to just... Escape from it all.

Yet, the things that make the world worth living in tends to count for more. The world that seems to bloom around you with life and experiences around every corner, and the being in it that haves their bad apples, but does include those who will make you feel accepted. Perhaps even loved.

Love is a valuable and treasured thing that will make life worth it when you find it. Just being near them makes your heart flutter, and the days seems brighter every time you glance at them. Every smile will be a precious thing, and every laughter or hug will feel like everything you have ever needed. With them, you won't feel alone, or hated. You will be whole, and have a life that will feel perfect. Beautiful in ways you can't imagine..."

She turned her back on Charles as a tear ran down her cheek, and the last heartfelt, but eventually pained words escaped her muzzle.

"The world won't be easy on you Charlie. It will be horrible and magnificent at the same time, but it holds things that dreams can't give you. What it is, is different for everypony, but you will know when you find it. And when you do... Don't let it get away. Believe me, you don't want to live with the regrets."

==========================================================================

@@Seamore Sandwich

"Tea's you say? Perhaps I should go there the next time I visit the town then, and see for myself what selection they have. I do so hope for local brews though. The variance is quite delicious at times."

Scarcity knew well the tastes of tea, as she had a taste for the warm brews that extended far beyond what selection Canterlot could offer. Indeed, every time she went somewhere out of town, there were hardly a store that sold teas that she didn't visit in the hope of there being a hidden gem amongst the leaves, so to speak.

Why, her favorite tea had even come from such a situation. A small store in some dingy little town where she had to deal with an eccentric that wished to meet face to face whilst negotiating. It had nearly gone out of business by the time that she got there, but one taste of their homemade brew... There wasn't a way she could just let that fail.

So she made some contacts, got the tea out there, and these days they were busy keeping up orders in a rapidly growing business, of which she had some stock in. Not enough to make her a decision maker r influence the ways they handled their store if they did not agree with her advise, but enough for her to taste the profit now and again, as well as the crates of tea that got send her way each month. It wasn't the only one she drank of course, as that would be boring, but she went through these when visited or on bad days, and a cup could quickly turn into ten if a thirsty buyer of the higher classes were there, so there was hardly anything left at the end of the month in any way.

"Do you partake in tea drinking dear? There is scarcely anything like a well brewed cup at the end of a long day."

========================================================================

@@cwhip9,

"Indeed. Somepony might storm out of the next bush and... Sweep you away."

Zinthar grabbed hold of one of the colt's legs with one of his tails, and pulled it away from under him. It should be a fine little piece of fun for him without making something too bad happen that would get him chastised, and since the colt had stood still at the time, frozen to the spot with a concerned and afraid expression on his face, he wasn't going to roll anywhere from momentum.

That were the response that Zinthar had expected out of the colt more or less. He were a scared little one, and hearing the feline speak about cultists should get to him by all accounts. That didn't concern him really, and neither did Crescent, though his approach intrigued him. He hadn't expected that he would brush over it and not mention it, not tense in any sort of way, and yet he had reacted as if somepony spoke to him about the weather. How... Curious.

As the colt got up on his hooves and began to wander forth again in silence, the feline kept thinking on whatever or not Crescent were simply holding up the facade well, but he didn't mention it. This seemed like one of those things that would be more fun to see develop, rather than push it too fast.

"Now then, you say I think like a vigilante? Do tell, is there anything bad with that in this age? Back when I was around, somepony seeking his own justice wasn't all that frowned upon by the general masses. As long as the guards kept their long noses out of it that were. Pesky little things sometimes."

=================================================================

@@Lloyd

"I'm almost willing to bet bits that you two can't be quiet for two hours. You'll find something to have a stab at the other with, like more of them black magic books shoved in a sock or something."

He let out a laugh and went back outside to pick up another box, whilst trying to push his mind away from what exactly the two gals had spoken about once they popped the last box open.

At this point, it really shouldn't get to him anymore considering what were with them, and it wasn't like he were surprised that they had these sort of things, but it still caused a little part in him to siver when the two of them talked about black magic books like it were regular reading. If you didn't include the banning of Misty from reading it that were, but even that hadn't really been a big, huffy affair. Plus, something told him that it wasn't gonna stop the crafty lil' filly. She struck him as the sort who wouldn't take no for an answer like this when it came to just some reading at least, even if it were some really messed up stuff.

*sigh* Perhaps he should focus on something else instead of this whilst he worked, so his mind didn't get all filled with paranoid stuff again. Ignoring what went on might be harmful in the long run, but right here and now, he just wanted to think on something more normal. Oh, perhaps he should think on what sort of things he'd need for the chopper at the store to make his surf and turf cat food? That wasn't a bad thought. Might as well get mentally prepped for his own work eventually.

========================================================================

@@EQ_Theta

"Is somepony supposed to drink that then?"

Omen looked over towards the healer who seemed like somepony old. How old she hadn't a clue, but the way she moved and looked made it seem that way at least, unless it wasn't something that signaled you being pretty old with the longma? They looked pretty different from the sort of beings she normally knew, so who could be sure. Didn't matter anyway, especially not as the healer had left now and the four of them were left to try and figure out what to do now, which all seemed to point to one thing: Somepony had to make the drink, and then guzzle it down.

It could be Ghilan, but that wouldn't make much sense. He seemed to know things well enough, so if it was something about this case, why would he need to get memories back about it? She wasn't sure what repressed meant, but otherwise, she couldn't see what might make Ghilan the target for this drink. unless he had done something back then? Possible, but that would have come up, right?

She knew that it wasn't her at least, as she had barely even met the longma twins, and several years ago would more than likely have been roaming through some sort of forest or wandered in the ocean to look at fish again, in her small breaks between looking for her master. She wouldn't have clue about anything, which left Sen and Lin.

It could be both really. Sen had been there back then and would know things that he might have forgotten, but then again, Lin had been through all of that... magic stuff with the orb, and perhaps it was something with that? Hmm...

"I think Sen or Lin, but not good if it hurts. Mother wouldn't like it. Don't think I would either."

She stood in silence for a bit before shaking her head slightly.

"No, definitely won't like it. The strange feeling comes back when thinking on it."

@@Handsome Changeling

"Outsider is an adequate description. The matter is first and foremost a changeling matter, and as such, a being that is not of the race, yet interferes with the process, would be referred to as an outsider. Several cruder words could also be found, but I doubt I have a need to list off 7 different degrading words off the top of my head."

Belladonna had been called many things in her life, so she had a good storage to chose from, thought the majority wouldn't make much sense being yelled at her without context. Something which were not going to surface, as she had taken great care and long, methodical steps in ensuring that certain parts of her past were never uncovered again. It were buried in the past, and far as she cared, it should stay there.

Regardless of that though, she still had words to use that could fit. A few variations of *Food* came to mind as the most obvious, whilst *peasant* and a few descriptions of her place in the world-view of the more hostile changelings came to mind afterwards, followed by a few phrases that would speak down to her simply because she were a pony, and it were technically pony influence that created the lovebugs alongside Thorax.

"As for the rest, I can give an outside and objective view and opinion on things, but for a diplomat to rise up, the leader of the people in most races need to designate one for it. As changelings are split in hives, it would likely instead go towards a democratic vote amongst the queens of said hives, between what is considered suitable beings for the position. Unless one queen technically is above all else in the leadership, which would make her opinion on the matter final, but that would require there to be a unified string of hives, which I admit I have not heard about at this point in time.

Unless you prefer to think of a mediator between the two hives instead? Somepony to stop them from falling into violent confrontations when met could work, and would have a easier time for an outsider to be chosen, as it would not require a position offered by one side, but instead be an agreed upon neutral party for the time being. But again, a mediator would not speak with much authority, so there are things to consider if somepony attempts this.

Of course, there is also the third party of non-hived changelings to consider if the amount of such is great enough, but that is a foggy area to gaze into from my point of view, as I do not know if the hiveless ones are considered a different part, or just a somewhat disjointed part that is still on the regular changelings side of things."

Admittedly, she didn't know much about how all hives worked, but she had made some observations and knew that the queen in each hive were the undisputed leader that made all the decisions for their hive. What she had heard of others since she had been to one hadn't given her evidence of other things as of yet, just as it hadn't about somepony being above the hive's queen. A queen of all queens if you would, wasn't something she had even heard a whiff of a rumor about, and she would assume that that one would have come up at some point. If from nothing else, than a disgruntled, former drone that had been exiled or wandered away from the hive.

==============================================================================

@@BloodDrops

Briar chuckled.

"Worry not, I can understand. You should have seen the look on my face the first time I were around ponies and found out how unlike my own kind they acted and worked. I stood as a large question mark several times too.

Besides, I don't worry about the gawking. Not really a problem that affects you much, considering I'm blind. Strange looks doesn't really get to you when you can't see them, though for some reason, I can still sense when somepony looks at me angrily. It's like there's a force emanating from the body when that happens, which is rather strange I would say."

"N-Not blind much m-more..."

Brittle spoke in a low voice and looked up at Briar who suddenly seemed like he had a light bulb go out above his head.

"Ah yes, of course, silly me. I forgot about that, but perhaps I should explain first, to make it more understandable for our companion here.

See, I am what is refered to as a Snaproot amongst my kind. Essentially, I am a mutation that results in carnivorous tendencies to be mixed with my genes, which are hinted in by the two signs that are always there when we emerge from the great tree. Sharp teeth and no eyes.

I admit, I do not see the evolutionary benefits of eyes being excluded, but I guess that's why they call us mutations. But in any case, after my departure from my tribe, I set out to explore, and after a long time, near this very town, I found somepony who claimed to be able to give me sight. Fascinating thing really, and I had my doubts, but she were rather convincing and yesterday, she implanted a pair in my head."

A grimace went briefly over his face as he remembered the minutes that took. It were likely one of the worst things he had ever gone through, and much as he owed Vivid thanks for keeping her end of the deal, he couldn't help but curse her name in several ways at the time without feeling remorse over it. The pain had been... Excruciating enough to warrant that he'd say.

"But I digress. The point of the matter being, as Brittle so delightfully put forth, that as the moon rises to it's height on the sky tonight, these bandages will be removed and I will be seeing for the first time. So as she said, i will not be blind for much longer, though I can assure you that I will still not judge you for any stares. I am comfortable with whom I am, and I understand that as I am of a generally reclusive race, ponies will be wondering and judging. It is simply natural I would say."

@@Blitz Boom,

Lord Senvious nods. "I will respect them. They won't be my slaves or servants. More of Equals but I will be getting all relaxed and what not. Maybe I should have a friend come over or something and help out? Not sure how I could contact him, but that can wait for later on. Hes probably busy with the Hive at this point or something, unsure." He replies to Last, smirking somewhat. 

@@Blitz Boom

"I don't know if it would affect a robot.." Storm mentioned to Molotov thoughtfully, placing a bottle of Dragonfire Hotsauce next to the curry. "But it's probably not a good idea to find out. I mean, sure I only used half of a Dragon's Breath Pepper or so in the Curry, but that's still a lot for most, um.. Creatures? I'd say ponies, but considering some dragons have trouble with those peppers... yeah.." He scratched the back of his head bashfully, "I've got a bunch of extra milk in the back, just in case."

@@Blitz Boom,

"Well for the Queen of Queens, there is Chrysalis. The main power Hives, as they are known as due to their intense influence is Hive Chrysalis, Hive Miasma, Hive Nekropolis, Hive Hagfish and Hive Honeycomb as well as Hives that are known but hold less influence, Chrysalis does however lead the strongest Hive of all and is the undisputed leader of the Queens decisions in Equestria and the outer regions too to an extent. Now getting her to listen, is easy, getting her to agree is difficult if she deems the idea non vital or not important to the Hives... And I know the 5 Leading Queens dislike the new race so their judgement is clouded"

Void being a second in command to the Hive Miasma meant he served as the messenger and voice for the drones in a way. giving the Queens judgement to all, there was also second in commands in all Hives, Void genuinely enjoyed the company of all 4 of his other second in command allies, him serving as a messenger meant meeting other Queens was often a task given, one that usually went sour or sweet there was no in between.

"An outsider would make a great Hive Unifier and Ambassador you know this right? Somebuggy like you Belladonna would fit the role. Smart, judging well and has no bias to the situation"

Void knew his words had to be carefully placed, not arse kissing but simply stating viable truths that lend a good view to the situation, his pacing came back as he spoke each word, his cheeky smile becoming more natural and pleased, the idea of an Ambassador obviously appealed to him greatly.

"Oh and calling you something degrading or petty. Not in my idea or even apart of my brain, being such a virulent thug is pointless. I see you as a friend now after our chats, somebuggy I could speak to, share opinions openly and speak too easily, insulting you is pointless and whoever did it should be duly punished"

@Blitz Boom

@everyone

Draco held out his left wing. "Long Stare is a shy pony a very shy pony. So please no hugs for her atleast," Draco said as he hugged Longstare. He was grinning. "But anyhow I feel that there will be some trouble coming," Draco stated with a chuckle as he rubbed the back of his head.

Ancalagon's shadow darkened Ponyville. His large wings were spread afar. He roared his return from his slumber. Though he had a long walk to go he took his first step from out of his underground home. His great wings blotted out Celestia's sun.

Edited by dragon4111

"Hmmm, sounds like my research into chaos magic will need some greater understanding of things than I currently have then. Likely better to wait on expanding to larger concentrations until I have a higher degree of knowledge on the matter, even if understanding it per se isn't possible. Perhaps I can find a book on the matter for a rainy day.   As for you Blood, you can't stay here indefinitely. but if you can just sit there for now then fine. Will give me the time to try and see if I can get a base medallion ready for the tests."   Nerzhei pondered her words for a moment whilst the last threads of her anger began to ebb down for now, then gave a questioning look towards Missklang.   "Do you think you can watch over her as I go and check the forge? And Blood? I would suggest trying to talk with him when I work if it is. Chaos is unpredictable, but strong. Might be he could end up being of some help to your problem as well."

Blood Drops nodded at her and decided to get herself comfy. She sat down near to the forge so she was warm, but not so she was in the way. "I will let you do your things, though if it doesn't work. Then I will build a house nearby or so" she remarked. She then turned to the other pony, "I don't need watching over, I'm not going to do anything" she remarked.

She stared at the pony that was meant to be watching her, she was going to make him not have too much fun. She let out a snort and got back up, if he was going to watch her, he would have to follow her. She began trotting towards where the Blitz Filly kept her fireworks.

Edited by BloodDrops

@@Blitz Boom @@dragon4111

"Are you sure you really want to eat that? It looks lethal."

Lance could practically smell the spiciness coming from the curry.

"Lethal as in, like, spicy. Not, like, not-good-tasting. So don't take it that way."

The amount of sheer heat coming from the dish reminded Lance of a minature campfire on a trip.

Edited by genessee

*Cacora accepted the plate a slight glow coming from her hoof as it passed through the field but, other than the glow, no other signs showed. Cacora held the plate curious about that glow. It was vibrant and pink and gave of a love filled aura of emotion.* "Woah..."

*Her fixation with the now gone glow has her perplexed and confused.*

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

@@Moonlit,

"I see..." Trinket commented, hanging her head low with a somewhat sad expression on her face. Now that she thought about it, it wasn't very uncommon for evildoers to take advantage of the disharmony and negativity that sometimes took over the citizens of Equestria. Those dark times were part of their history, and nopony could deny it. But more than anything else, it was common knowledge that not all Changelings, not all Dragons, and not even all Sirens were inherently evil. There existed hope and friendship inside every single creature's heart.

"Heheh, yeah. I bet Princess Luna wouldn't like it." She laughed joyfully. "That's really interesting, though... I've never tried fish, myself... To be honest, just the smell alone makes me kinda sick." She giggled.

@@Blitz Boom,

Misty chuckled a bit when Chow spoke. "You might be right about that, as we search, I'm sure we'll find other books which mention black magic." She said it like she was unsure, because she hadn't heard Astral refer to dark magic, as 'black magic' before.

Astral looked through the boxes, each time she opened one, the tape had no sign of ripped cardboard stuck to it. "Since that one though, I'm seriously regretting not labeling these."

Misty looked to Astral. "How'd we even forget that?"

Astral shrugged. "Dunno." She looked at the boxes, a quick see-through spell would allow her to see through the boxes, and see their content and maybe an additional writing spell.... She decided later would be a good time to do the combination of spells. "I can label them later though." She said, placing another box on the floor, checking it, like the others. She didn't find anything that important except more potions, it did lead her to realize most of the boxes had magic stuff. It was surprising the guards didn't look into them too much.

Misty walked outside one more time, looking at the sky, trying to check the time. "I think this might take so long, that the tour will have to wait until tomorrow."

Astral walked over to Misty. "I don't think it matters." She picked another box of the wagon. "Although this would go quicker if I used my telekinesis." She whispered to herself, she looked around the house,seeing the openness of the area around them. "Which could only be possible back at my other house." She placed it inside, she thought up something as she opened it. That see through spell could be done now, so only she could see through them, but that'd allow her to see through more than just boxes. She shook her head, trying to shake the idea with that in consideration. "If you want to take that bet Chow, I'm in. Might keep me quiet just to win that bet."

stuff

"If I'm attacked, I do my best to attack back the least amount of times as possible unless my life depended on it. I know how violence can negatively affect other creatures.." Zen sighed and looked down at the ground, referring to the...'incident' in her past Null has yet to know about. She then looked up at Florence and put on her best smile, "It's quite alright, Florence."

-----------------------

"Y-Yeah, okay, I'm fine with that..." Deadpan mumbled, already on the verge of crying again.

@@Driz, "Yeah...I enjoy...working for her....even if...the nobles think....my position is...worthless." Serenade shudders, before nodding, "fish is...not for...everypony..it is...an....acquired taste...my parents...hate it...but...mother had...to cook it for me" She stretches out, letting her tail fluke rest on top of the water.  

@@Blitz Boom

"There's not enough to go around for both Sen and Lin but they might not need to drink the concoction at all."

Ghilan led the way back to his home and not a moment too soon. There is not much left to be accomplished for the remainder of the evening and this is the usual time the villagers would turn in for the night. The nightwatch kept the vigil when most would remain asleep, becoming the equivalent of Princess Luna's guard in Canterlot. Though what those looked like was left to Sen's imagination; he only heard of them once but it didn't stop him from wondering what they were like and where their similarities ended. 

"I'm hoping the young hunter recuperating in the hut would be able to tell us more but I fear we may come to a dead end. That's where the concoction comes in. Key pieces of information such as names or motives are likely repressed, hidden deep within the recesses of the mind. Having Sen or Lin drink the fluids would only happen if there isn't enough to build a case. Trust me when I say we'll take the utmost care to ensure nothing goes wrong."

The rest of the time walking was spent in silence. The day left Ghilan drained, and Sen was lost in thought. The influx of various emotions everyone felt was unreal to them. For a moment, they were detached from reality, pondering on the things that could've happened if circumstances were different. Even Lin's memories of the past day were a blur. Upon arriving at the elder's home, Sen unfurled the bedrolls elder Ghilan prepared for his guests and Sen immediately slept without a word. Meditations didn't do him any good but maybe some sleep could.  

Lin sat in her own and bade the elder good night, a sentiment she couldn't relish anymore. The night was there for herself and Omen, alone but with company that eases her deep insecurities, keeping her mind trained on ways she could pass the time without waking those who slumbered.  

@

"Good. I have little usage for somepony whose nose are planted in the sky."

So, that was that sorted at least, though the bit that Senvious had responded with did contain something potentially unsettling in his friend being or ruling a hive. Then again, changelings usually only got run by queens, and the alicorn had said *he* so likely just a drone or soldier.

"We'll do with what he have now. Much as any help is appreciated, too many will just walk over eachother, and in general won't be possible to keep in line as well. Then there's the issues with feeding, place, and potential troublemakers trying to undermine my authority, which will get everypony out of sync. More trouble than it's worth to over-compensate on workers."

@@Shineling

@@Midnight_Aurora

@@genessee,

"Eh, you know how it is. Some food is fine as long as the tank gets emptied now and again, but anything too strong will fry the delicate lining and potentially get into the flux core, and I don't want my little assistant here to go nuclear."

Molotov grinned and poured some hot sauce over the chili after smelling it. Frankly it made him think of adding fuel to a fire, but hey, might as well make sure that he'd feel the burn, right?

"Nothing like the thought of a great big explosion sometimes. And speaking of which, let's have a little taste of this here curry then."

With that he put a spoon in, and took a good spoonful into his muzzle, which seemed to go fine really. No bad result there... For the first three seconds that were, until the sweat started to form on his forehead and he felt like smoke were about to blow out of his nose. This was going to be a challenge.

Meanwhile, Void looked between the other two, and were about to say something to Lance, when she noticed how strange Cacora were looking currently. It looked a little like she were confused about something, but what it might be she hadn't an idea. After giving the plate to the mare, she had found her glance wandering over on Lance, waiting for him to order instead. She hadn't taken notice of what might cause the weird look in the mare's eyes now, though now that she saw the aftermath, Void were about as confused as Cacora looked.

"Is uhm... Are you o-okay?"

@@Handsome Changeling

"If Chrysalis is your queen of queens, then there might be a leadership contest going for now, considering that the hive that Thorax acquired belonged to her.

Likely some of the hive left with her, but having the supposed strongest hive overtaken like that, and be the base for the lovebugs, will put her position as the strongest hive into question, and likely the leadership will go on to the previously second-most powerful hive."

belladonna had little care for Chrysalis, and frankly believed it best if she had less of a say in things now, as she were likely one of the harder ones to work with when it came to peace, but this unfortunately led to a position being open that might make one of the more cruel queens take over, like... Her.

There were no love between her and Miasma after the time she had *enjoyed* the queen's presence after the unicorn's *visit* to her hive, and she would frankly prefer that there wouldn't be somepony like her to run anything, but at the same time, if it were her, it just made the need for somepony to sort things out between the two branches of bug ponies increase. Left for too long, she couldn't imagine that that queen that she knew wouldn't do what she could to wipe the lovebugs of the face of Equestria and not care about who got caught in the crossfire.

"Chrysalis likely wouldn't make any contact with them in any case if she were in charge, so this may be a good thing. Considering she would likely call them out as traitors more than anypony else as they were formerly hers, having somepony else at the reign might be a good thing, yet that brings it down to who this would now be. Which queen would you think of as the one in command after Chrysalis have lost her hive and likely position as the most influential?

Which reminds me, I have a minor correction of you. I do have some bias, but it goes against both sides, and I can think without it clouding my judgement. Even when it comes to talking with... Her, if it comes to that, which will depend on if she is the one to be considered the new queen of queens. Whoever it is will be whom any inquiry about potential diplomacy would have to be directed towards first in any case, if changeling protocols are somewhat similar to ponies."

A diplomat between changelings and their mutated sort wasn't something that she had expected to be caught in frankly, but now that the situation were here she might as well begin to put forth preparations. Void seemed adamant on getting her on board with things at least, and thus far, she did not take him as the sort who would let it go that easy.

======================================================================

@@dragon4111

Awh, no hugs then? Phoey... Well, guess she'd just have to try another time then. It was sorta mean to pounce on a shy one too, so she really shouldn't anyway she guessed.

*grumble* Why did the shy ones always have to be so huggable? *grumble*

"Alrighty then. Take care, and have fun."

Ziggy waved at the two and took to the sky like a pink lightning, zooming irregularly towards another part of town, where unbeknownst to most, a siren and a toymaker were waiting for her.

Long Stare at least had no idea and just looked strangely towards the way the zegasus had taken off.

"S-Strange one."

=========================================================================

@@Driz

@@Moonlit

Whistling as she flung through the air, Ziggy more or less directly went back to Serenade and Trinket, but had to make a stop on a nearby rooftop where Fah'lina had stopped before she had gone down to talk with the guard.

If it were because she didn't like the bat pony or if something else were wrong she hadn't a clue, but the mimic had been unwilling to follow regardless, so she had figured that perhaps just giving her a bit of time would be for the best. She had come outside again after all, and that was a big step. No need to force it all upon her at once.

A slight *bonk* where heard on the door before the zegasus quickly wandered in to the others and locked the door behind her again, before raising her hoof to her nose and rub it a little, as it were a bit soar now after she had hit the door. Usually she did well in aiming when she flew, but Fah'lina had decided to switch around suddenly, which distracted her a bit and made her miss the mark by a little. Not enough to cause any damage, but enough to give her a big *boop* moment with the door.

===============================================================================

@@Lloyd

Astral wasn't the only one wondering why the guard that had checked the goods hadn't gotten a red flag over his head at all the stuff here that weren't hidden, though at least they hadn't been in the situation when the wagon got checked like he had when they first got in here. That encounter had really lit a fire under his flank, and had made him think on exactly how many years of jail he were looking at if the guard caught wind of what he were carrying, though thankfully, it hadn't been as deep a search as it could've sometimes.

The guards usually checked everything coming of the train, and the one that had been assigned to him had as well, but by some stroke of miracle, they had gotten with one of those who didn't overly think on what might be in the things. He didn't see spell books full of potentially devastating magic, but simply books that didn't go anywhere or hide anything under them in the few he had checked, and the potions? Somehow, he had believed it when Chow had told him that it was something he had bought from a zebra to help with his old wounds and a few other other things, and the guard had just nodded along and believed it since he didn't knew much on zebras. Just that they were weird, and prone to make potions that did strange, but generally safe things. For once, stereotypes and not caring enough about another culture had been a saving grace.

It was likely good that he only looked here and there because there were a lot to look through and not many guards stationed at the train station currently, otherwise he were likely going to have stumbled over something Chow couldn't explain. Like a skull, pieces of an altar or... What other somewhat vile things wouldn't be he surprised to find in these boxes...

Pear cider? Plenty vile that one, that was for sure, but perhaps not on as bad a scale as the other things. Unless the general scale were bad taste, in which case it'd fit in perfectly.

"No worries about the tour. There's a day tomorrow too and all that."

He put down another box, then turned to Astral that had just taken him up on his challenge, which made him give her a big, impish grin.

"Oh, you're on then Astral. We'll see who talks first, but remember the rules: The first one who speaks is the loser. Charades and writing allowed, aaaand... We're off."

No way he were going to loose this to anypony, and especially not one of these two. He were going to be the undisputed champion of keeping his muzzle shut.

Unless they did something silly... Oh dear Celestia, holding in the snide remarks might be a challenge.

===========================================================================

@@EQ_Theta

"Strange potion, but it sounds like you know what to do with it."

If that were positive or negative were up to the listener, but since Omen didn't say anything else either as they wandered along, that bit of information were likely dead to the winds. Though really, it didn't matter much,. Just another small comment to end a conversation with before she returned to thinking, which the silence gave her a bit of time to go through at least.

Not much else happened afterwards to take her focus away from it either. They returned to Ghilan's hut, where Sen began to roll beds out to those who still slept and then conked out basically instantly, whilst the elder went away and likely snoozed off a little after that.

A half hour would pass after this, where Omen would just stand still as a statue and look at Sen in his sleep, before something happened.

"Strange how much this seems like back then, even if the world is wrong."

A movement in her mane prompted her to slowly take out her tongue, and use it to reach some of the dried food from the pouch she had gotten, up towards the hungry drake that had slept for most of the day by now.

"Master used to sleep with a heavy mind too, and found some peace in sleep for the next day, just like Sen seems to do now. Not sure if any of them ever got any peace though."

Omen turned her head and looked over at Lin, though her mind were still somewhat on Sen in the given situation.

"I always watched, and kept him safe when he slept. Same as I do with Sen now. And I stand and think on what might go through his mind as he sleeps too. Is he thinking on what happened today? Or is his mind clear and going away on some strange dream perhaps? I never knew then, and I guess I won't now."

Omen looked back at Sen and tilted her head slightly as she listened to the calm sounds that came from him.

"It's strangely soothing. I don't need to guess what he does, or think that he gets hurt, runs away or gets angry when he sleeps. Sen is just there, unaware of everything as I keep watch. He's... Safe."

============================================================================

@@asdfmovienerd39

Florence nodded, but didn't say anything else as the group, with Pyhrus at the lead, wandered towards the edge of town. His eyes did seem to wander between the ruined buildings though, which caught the attention of at least Null.

"Monster attack yesterday. Nasty stuff, but over."

"Hrmph. This place needs more defensive work if it went this far."

"I'm with you there."

=========================================================================

@@asdfmovienerd39

"Trust me dude, it's not good to keep it in. Bottling it up is only going to make it worse when you eventually can't hold it in anymore."

Sea had seen plenty of grieving families in her time, and knew sort of what he were talking about by now. Not everypony were the sort to break down though, but going by the odds there were a 8/10 chance that he were right in this instance, though since he couldn't exactly force Deadpan to cry, there wasn't much he could do if he decided to keep up the facade really.

==================================================================

@

"Excellent. Just need to get things sorted here first."

Happy's horn glowed, and the empty bottles that were around began to float back towards the wagon, where he walked over and opened the door so they could get back in. Afterwards, he would lock the door again before a green flame engulfed him quickly and transformed him back into the scarred pony that he usually were.

"There, much more presentable."

A bit of time to get the wagon on his shoulders so he were ready to get going, along with a little whistling while he worked, and presto: He were ready to play tour guide.

"You should've seen the first month I had to wander around in this form. I kept stumbling over my own hooves or drop things like a clumsy foal. Got pretty easy after I stopped thinking on it for some reason though, never really figured out how that was.

Anyway, if you're ready to go, let's get cracking. Not far to go, but still enough to get the legs stretched."

Edited by Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom,

He sighs. "My friend actually does rule a hive. Beyond Equestria, its pretty small and unlike the Chrysalis Hive. Don't worry. Well, time for a nice spa... hopefully nopony crashes the party." He says to Last as they approach the spa, he seems mostly calmed down though. 

@Blitz Boom

Draco nodded as he gave Long Stare a hug. He chuckled slightly as he noticed her looking at his bag. "The courier guild makes sure to teach us the ramifications of using the anti magic ring on civilians like you my sweet," Draco whispered gently. " For instance I would take a large hit to my money bags along with therapy bills from the doctors," Draco stated simply.

*Cacora nods and then says,* "My hoof glowed for a moment when I grabed my plate. I never had something like that happen before." *Cacora describes what she felt and what her hobby was. She works at the Orphanage where she grew up. She is an empathic master. She knows normally just what to say to the foals, fillies and colts to get them to calm down and behave.* "The Orphanage wasn't that bad off and the younglings were taken care of, so I was allowed to get a bite to eat. However, my usual Doughnut Shop was destroyed so I went looking for another place. Sugarcube Corner is closed, which was another place I was told about and now am here."

Edited by Midnight_Aurora