Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Physically Strong Are You?

Not_active

Hey, errypony. If you go to the gym or do strength exercises, I want you to post your max in Bench Press, Deadlifts, Squats, Curls etc. in this thread  :wub:

Also, you can talk about what exercises you like, your progress, what motivates you, what music you like listening to while working out and so on. Anything that is relevant.

Edited by RaveLow
  • Brohoof 4

Long gone are the days when i could do 40 pushups :( but to motivate myself nowadays, i listen to at the gala 20% cooler remix. It pumps me up pretty unexpectedly.

And i once did 100 squats.

my max for pull ups/chin ups (when u lift yourself with your arms holding a horizontal pole) has been 10.

• Brohoof 6

Well, not very I'm more the agile type I think. I think I can bench press around 60 kg so I'm okay for my height. Not the body builder type I do like running, walking and jogging occasionally and I usually listen to whatever music I like whether it is metal or electronic whatever keeps up the spirit.

Oh yeah, I also used to be a swimmer due to having a slim body I was rather quick but haven't done much swimming for a while.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 6

I am 16

Bench press (including the metal stick thing): 35 kg.
Squats with the metal stick thing: 30kg
Leg press: 110 kg.
Can do max 20 push ups  :( 
Can do max 100 crunches

I have been going to the gym the entire summer, but now I stopped because of school. I might start soon.

• Brohoof 4

Well I haven't really worked out in like 3 years... I'm still healthy just have absolutely no muscles at all :P

Freshman year I was in jrotc.

My max sit-ups in a minute was 52.

My max push ups in a minute was 40.

I was pretty proud of the push ups, at the beginning of the school year I could barely do 9, by the end of the first semester I managed to up it by 31 push-ups for a total of 40.

• Brohoof 3

I haven't worked out for 10 months so I'm rusty...I can max bench around 150 and Squat around 315, deadlift 165.... That's all I remember from my Sophomore Body tone class XD other than walking to and from school and the occasional dumbbell lifting, I don't work out as much as I want to...

Edited by Blueman15
  • Brohoof 4

Loads of guys here are pretty strong ^_^ comparatively speaking. I wasn't expecting bronies to be so hardcore :)

I don't see why "bronies" shouldn't be expected to have a healthy life and being physically strong.

• Brohoof 3

I don't see why "bronies" shouldn't be expected to have a healthy life and being physically strong.

like how we expect nerds to be weak bodied. You would be surprised to see one lifting a 100k, but no one said they shouldnt be expected to live a healthy life style :)

My arms are like glass in a hurricane.....My legs though, watch out. Nothing but pure muscle down there.

taekwondo much? Or is it bicycling?
  • Brohoof 2

like how we expect nerds to be weak bodied. You would be surprised to see one lifting a 100k, but no one said they shouldnt be expected to live a healthy life style :)

taekwondo much? Or is it bicycling?

Yeah, those are some stereotypes that don't make much sense. 

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, those are some stereotypes that don't make much sense.

actually they do make sense. .. i dont want to start an argument, but every nerd i have ever seen has been weak. So its a simple matter of statistics... i expect the next one to be the same. What is wrong is to pinpoint someone for not fitting into their stereotype.
  • Brohoof 1

actually they do make sense. .. i dont want to start an argument, but every nerd i have ever seen has been weak. So its a simple matter of statistics... i expect the next one to be the same. What is wrong is to pinpoint someone for not fitting into their stereotype.

Yeah but knowing someone with those characteristics doesn't mean everyone are like that. I have a few "nerds" in my class that are stronger than most of the "non-nerds" and can easily beat them up if needed. It is all a matter of the person. We are all different. Liking a show about animated characters does not mean that you don't care about your body.

Edited by DifferentStereotype
  • Brohoof 2