Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Physically Strong Are You?

Not_active

Yeah but knowing someone with those characteristics doesn't mean everyone are like that. I have a few "nerds" in my class that are stronger than most of the "non-nerds" and can easily beat them up if needed. It is all a matter of the person. We are all different. Liking a show about animated characters does not mean that you don't care about your body.

seen from that point of view, you are absolutely correct.. so its like stereotypes are senseless, kinda ehat you said earlier.

seen from that point of view, you are absolutely correct.. so its like stereotypes are senseless, kinda ehat you said earlier.

Yeah, and pretty much most stereotypes are wrong.

• Brohoof 1

Due to having 4 work related injuries and 1 semi work related knee injury my lower body strength has gone down significantly but my upper body strength remains intact for the most part but has also gone down a bit. Because none of the machines went high enough for me to find out I never exactly found out what my max leg press was at the height of my strength was but my estimations are at least 1,500 pounds. Because of this I often lowered the weight and simply did one leg at a time with somewhere neighborhood of 500-700 pounds for each leg with about 3 sets of 25 reps. I don't remember what my bench press record at the time was but considering the fact that even now I can probably throw even a full grown man like a rag doll I am fairly up there but know that I am not as strong as I used to be but will fix that. I am going to try to get this job at work to become a Receiver (back room manger) to stop these injuries once and for all and get back into my weight lifting regime to get in touch with my inner monster again.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a bit weaker then the average male my age but that's only cause I focus more on my cardio I have to bike ride to and from my school each school day so that adds up to 12.6 mi a day and soon I will be getting a job so that means an additional mile to be traveled

• Brohoof 1

It's been a few years since I did serious weightlifting, but I was better at leg strength than the upper body.

The most I ever bench pressed was maybe 200 lbs., my best one-arm dumbbell row was 70 lbs (I think). My heaviest dead lift was probably around 300 lbs, and I know the most I ever squatted was just under 400 lbs. (and I knew at the time that I could lift more than that but didn't).

I'm pretty strong, but I haven't done much of any lifting in a while.

Other exercises I like are just running or riding a stationary bicycle. I'm used to metal and rap when working out, also.

• Brohoof 1

I can lift 50 pounds on my own for a girl,  so thats good

and I ride my bike everyday and push like 600 pounds of

stuff for my job!  B)

• Brohoof 1

Im a former digger (Australian Army) so Im somewhat fit. I can't say that Im very strong, but Im built with endurance in mind. Im not that great on numbers atm, I haven't gone to a proper gym in a while. I've mainly been running and doing push ups and sit ups.

For push ups I can do 50-60.
Sit ups I can do about 100 normally.

Thats in one session.

• Brohoof 3

I'm a bar-brother. I do calisthenics. I still go to the gym, sure - but I overall do calisthenics, which is using your entire body (push-ups, pull-ups, dips etc).

Routines are pretty simple, to say the least - 5x push-ups, 5x pull-ups, 5x dips. That's 1 set. Do that 1 set 10 times, plus 15 minutes of interval cardio = my workout. I do that around 4 times a week.

In terms of music.. well, I usually just put some Drowning Pool on. It sure gets me motivated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8-sMJZTYf0

Edited by Guest

Hm... Not very. Incidentally I work in one of the heavier areas at work, I just don't actually lift up the heavy boxes. =P In reality I am quite fragile. Carrying my bassoon in its case makes my arm hurt in a matter of seconds. 'Tis why I got that backpack case cover. xD

• Brohoof 1

Because I'm paid to collect information for an evil corporation that wants to sell nuclear weapons to Iran.

I fricking called it. I always knew there was something off about you! :angry:

• Brohoof 1

I am very weak, so I don't lift much. I don't know how much I lift. Too lazy and poor to go to a gym and see. Besides, my fears prevents me from using weight equipment. I'm afraid people will make fun of me for not lifting much or lifting wrong. 

• Brohoof 1

Not very. I'm fairly weak. If I wanted to improve any of my physical abilities, it would be my stamina, which is...well I don't know how I rate with others, so.

• Brohoof 1

I'm one of those lucky people who can sit in a chair all week except for 1 day in which the day is taken up by various sport things.

Honestly I could just sit in this chair

I have no idea how strong I am in units, but I am stronger than the average person that I meet :P Genetic advantage thing, got it from my dad.

Metabolism ftw

Stamina... egh I climb a mountain about once every 6 months xD that's it

• Brohoof 1

I should preface this by saying that I'm 44 years old, I weigh 280lbs and have lifted weights since I was 12.

Max bench = #520

Max DL = #650

Max Squat = #720

Front curl = #220, Preacher curl = #180.

These are max weights-for example I usually don't go above a weight I can't get 7 reps with-eg: Bench = #465 X 7 reps.

• Brohoof 2

I tend to underestimate my strength.

I don't go to a gym, so I can't give you an exact weight, but I held up my brothers 2006 Mazda 3 by the frame under the drivers side door while he changed a tire when his jack was busted.

The only exercise I do outside of my normal day is I'll run on a treadmill every once in a long while.

About an hour. I'll get 2-3 miles on it in that time, depending on my mood.

But that's a once in a while thing.

I haven't done that since March.

• Brohoof 1

I am Not really that strong at all. I am too lazy to even exercise.

The largest amount of weight that I can lift is around 70 lb without giving up very easily. 

Other than just Pure Laziness, it is just the overall fear of exercising in Public that stops me from exercising. 

• Brohoof 1