Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Physically Strong Are You?

Not_active

I'm into weight lifting and martial arts. I participate in both regularly, but other than that I'm pretty sedentary for the most part so I don't consider myself to be athletic. 

I haven't done a whole lot with free weights yet, but one of my cousins is going to help get me started with learning proper form and such for all of that pretty soon. For the time being I've used weight machines. 

I can generally lift 100-185 pounds on any machine involving my arms, shoulders, and/or back. I can lift about 300 pounds on the squat machine, 480 pounds on the leg press, and around 280 pounds on the leg pull.

I hope to get into free weights soon, because I've heard that's what you really need to work with in order to maximize your physical strength potential.

• Brohoof 1

I've never had the change to figure out all the bench pressing stats.  :(

I did rip part of a phone book in half once though. And I'm stronger than the average girl. But... sadly, that's the extent of my knowledge on the subject. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
(edited)

Strong enough. I can lift stuff and do most things that require some sort of strength.

Edited by Cash_In

If I wanted to be honest. I am probably average in the strength department. I'm neither weak or strong in my opinion.

I don't have a lot of strength as far as lifting and such. I workout regularly but it's not strength training. I just stick to cardio and try to maintain weight and tone. I honestly don't think I could lift a whole lot if I tried. 

I'm pretty weak to be honest. It's almost impossible for me to lift anything more than 50 pounds, and a struggle when it's more than 30 or 35 pounds. And that's if I am in a position to lift it in a way that makes it as easy as possible to pick it up. 

I can do around 285 lbs. now--and I'm done with lifting (didn't do much of that anyway). I'm getting older and cardio is more important than weight training. 

• Brohoof 1

I probably wouldn't be considered the strongest person around. But I've found that strength doesn't always matter so much as leverage, momentum and how to focus the strength I have. 

i don't really exercise,not the Gym-type exercises at least,but do quite a bit of manual labour,i was raised in a farm(try milking cows for an exercise)and worked as a builder in various ocations,so while i'm not very fit,i'm pretty strong as raw strenght goes

Not much, really. Currently, my workout is

Lat pull, 39kg 2 x 25 reps
Chest press 32kg 2 x 25 reps
Seated row 32kg 2 x 25reps
Pec fly 39kg 2 x 25 reps
Rear delt 37kg 2 x 25 reps
Rotary torso 44kg 4 x 25 reps (2 x 25 left, 2 x 25 right)
Back extension 54,5kg 2 x 25 reps
Ab bench 3 x 50 crunches
Calf extension 41,5kg 2 x 25 reps
Leg press 64kg 2 x 25 reps

For now, Seated leg curl 52kg 2 x 25 reps, Seated leg extension 25kg 1 x 20 reps right leg only, to aid recovery of my right leg.

The above is all done twice a week.

Twice a week, various cardio stuff, depending on the day, usually 30 mins or 45 mins of constant exercise because I despise interval training despite knowing how effective it is.

Soon I'm switching to three sets of everything again, but that's a bit too much for now. I do all of this solely to help me in fencing training and because I like to have some muscle definition. I'm not looking for raw power, which is why I don't really use high weight anywhere, but I don't consider myself to be weak, or anything.

My job requires that I be able to lift up to fifty pounds and I can do as such, but barely. So, I don't know if that is weak or strong for the average none body builder.

I'm not extremely strong, but I'm not weak either. 

I started going to the gym about two months ago, three days a week. As of now, I can lift a good 60 lbs, no problem. I run about a good 2 miles on the treadmill, 3 sets of 20 push-ups and 2 sets of 10 crunches.

My main strength is in my legs, and since I just started taking Tang Soo Do, it will help build my overall abilities. 

• 4 months later...