Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fake Geek Girl... or not fake

Zekromic

What makes someone a real or fake geek girl anyway?

I mean, I've only watched one episode of Star Trek and I've liked it, I adore the LOTR series to death, I am practically in love with the Harry Potter series, I spend way too much of my time watching tragic TV Shows (Not Reality TV or Game Shows, those suck), I am pretty much married to the Marvel Movie Collection, I have played a LOT of video games, reading is one of my most favorite pastimes ever, I still read comic books from time to time, I read fanfiction a lot, frequent tumblr (Only the fandom side, the SJW side of tumblr sucks), and I do like anime.

Would I qualify as a 'geek'?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

What makes someone a real or fake geek girl anyway?

I mean, I've only watched one episode of Star Trek and I've liked it, I adore the LOTR series to death, I am practically in love with the Harry Potter series, I spend way too much of my time watching tragic TV Shows (Not Reality TV or Game Shows, those suck), I am pretty much married to the Marvel Movie Collection, I have played a LOT of video games, reading is one of my most favorite pastimes ever, I still read comic books from time to time, I read fanfiction a lot, frequent tumblr (Only the fandom side, the SJW side of tumblr sucks), and I do like anime.

Would I qualify as a 'geek'?

I think so, you engage in many geek activities, so, yeah, you are a geek. But that's not the pint of the image, the point is, is a huge "take that" to the assholes who discriminate girls who engage in geek activities, accusing them fake or posers. Now, said assholes are the fake geeks, ironic don't you think?

It's quite understandable though, on why we are distrustful on girls engaging in geek activities, since there have been a growing number of posers trying to get the attention of geek guys, but that doesn't mean we have to get tho the conclusion that actual geek girls are non existent >_>  . 

Edited by Zekromic
  • Brohoof 1

@@Zekromic,

HELL TO THE YEAHHH

But anyway, I don't think that someone can be a 'fake' geek. If you want to be a geek and do even one geek-y stuff, then you're a geek. If you don't want to be a geek you're not. Simple as that.