Non MLP songs that remind you of Ponies.

Nit Pick

Oh, there are just so, so many.

Two of the most prominent though, are probably these:

When I first heard this song, there was no question about it; it was about Applejack. This is kind of her unofficial theme song in my head.

Sure, maybe it's not the most complimentary song, but I still feel like it suits Rarity to a T.

"You're trying to make your mark in society

You're using all the tricks that you used on me

You're reading all them high fashion magazines

The clothes you're wearing, girl, they're causing public scenes!"

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I think this is kind of cheating as both were written by Daniel Ingram, but I would have to say that the Littlest Pet Shop song "Won't Have to Look too Far" reminds me a lot of MLP FIM especially my favorite song "A True True Friend"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-X_eqLh0FA

In fact that's why it was my favorite LPS song until " My Biggest Secret" and "Pets and Humans" eventually topped it.

Edited by cmarston1

Wish I could post youtube links, but I can't. Anyway, Every Little Thing She Does is Magic by The Police reminds me of Twilight.

Wrapped Around Your Finger - reminds me of early Sunset Shimmer before she betrays Celestia. 

proposed alternate lyrics:

You considered me the young apprentice

Caught somewhere between Luna and Chrysalis

You saw potential in me if just a glimmer

They will know my name as Sunset Shimmer

I had only come here seeking knowledge

Things they dare not teach me of in college

You will see the destiny I've sold

to possess this shining crown of gold

You'll be wrapped around my fingers

You should've listened to your intuition

My plans will come to their fruition

I will come back and claim what should be mine

she will fail and this realm shall be mine

Hidden through the gateway of your making

You will not pursue, you'll never find me

I will turn your flesh to alabaster

Then you'll find your servant is your master

• Brohoof 1

Strong from One Direction. I knoe it is a love song but the meaning of the whole thing...

I imagine it like the mane six will need each other to stay strong and to use the elements. If one of them is not available, it would be weak. Like in Return of Harmony. I think that ws the title....

The song also reminds me of Cadence and Shinning Armour in Canterlit wedding. Not sure why...

Ooh! And the 2009 Strawberry Shortcakes's Friendship is a Dance! And also A True Friend!

• 4 weeks later...

This will probably not make any sense xD but oh well. Pinkie Pie loves balloons so wouldn't this song be somewhat fitting? Idk but this is my preferred version of this song by Goldfinger ;)

Every time I hear  "You'll Go Far Kid" I can't help but think of Rainbow Dash. Dang earworm PMVs!

That song reminds me of MLP as well but I'm not sure what it has to do with Rainbow Dash.  The reason it reminds me of MLP is because it's the exact same tune (with different lyrics) as the Brony song "Join The Herd".

Another song that reminds me of MLP is Titanium

It reminds me of MlP because 1) It sounds extremely similar to the Brony song "I am Octavia" and 2) There's that part in the middle of the music video where the guy levitates objects telekineticly just like any unicorn in the show.

• 3 weeks later...

Another song that reminds me of MLP is Titanium

It reminds me of MlP because 1) It sounds extremely similar to the Brony song "I am Octavia" and 2) There's that part in the middle of the music video where the guy levitates objects telekineticly just like any unicorn in the show.

That's because it is Titanium, just with ponified lyrics and a different arrangement.

• Brohoof 1

The song from the Halo Reach live action trailer, "Deliver Hope" I believe it is called, really reminds me of Celestia. I can't remember the names of the two composers off the top of my head.

(edited)

Donkey Rollers - No-One Can Stop Us

The vocaloid in this song reminds me of tirek from the season 4 finale :P

Edited by Pone

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Some of the lyrics actually seem to fit Babs Seed really well, almost as if this song is performed from her perspective.

Edited by Blackened
  • Brohoof 1

Rammstein and its whole vibe really builds that mental image of Grogar for me. I'd LOVE that Necromancer goat to be voiced by the singer.

imagine this goat

grogar_again_by_peachiekeenie-d6mtypw.pn

With this voice

all of my yes!