• North America
    • South America
    • Asia
    • Antarctica (doubt anyone lives there)
    • Australia
    • Europe
    • Africa

wow  i heard the skies there are very clear  great for observing the sky 

That was extreme sarcasm :P it's beautiful here and the beaches are most Australian's favourite places to visit, including me.

I'm proud to say I'm from Down Under, The Outback, my home, Australia.

Edited by KingWolf
  • Brohoof 2

Europe (England to be specific), I don't understand why people think this country is so great, I mean with the rise of the UKIP and the queen's cult of personality I really don't understand why people would wanna live here.

Unfortunately, North America... it bloooooooows. Over in egypt, yeah that's where I oughta be, not on this this gahdforsaken continent. Blehk.

You sure about that? I hear they kill people who don't conform to Islam. 

Hawaii IS an island, but it still part of North 'Murica.

The continents have fairly woolly definitions.

Why, for instance, are Europe and Asia considered separate continents? There's no real geological division between them. There's no sensible place to draw a boundary and say that everything on the west is Europe and everything on the east is Asia.

India has a better claim to be a continent in its own right than Europe does. India sits on a separate continental plate from Asia, and is slowly moving northwards. (This is why the Himalayas get about an inch taller every year - India is pushing into them, forcing them upwards.)

From an entirely geological perspective, Hawaii is not on the North American continental plate. To say that Hawaii is part of North America because it's part of the USA, is like saying Guadeloupe (just off the coast of Venezuela) is part of Europe because it's part of France. Hawaii is on the Pacific continental plate.

But then again, so is California.

I hear they kill people who don't conform to Islam. 

Around 15% of Egypt's population are Coptic Christians. And there are apparently 12 Jewish people. (No, I didn't miss out any zeroes there.) If you're not Christian, Muslim or Jewish though, you might have a bit of a hard time. The Bahá'í in particular are pretty badly persecuted.

If you're a tourist you're OK though. Tourism is a big part of Egypt's economy, and they're happy to take your money whatever your beliefs.

• Brohoof 1

[qdont dont uote name=chirox the pony" post="3285452" timestamp="1417001402]Europe (England to be specific), I don't understand why people think this country is so great, I mean with the rise of the UKIP and the queen's cult of personality I really don't understand why people would wanna live here.

I dont want to live there,but I really really want to learn how to talk like British.

Edited by DR0ID-P0N3

The continents have fairly woolly definitions.

Why, for instance, are Europe and Asia considered separate continents? There's no real geological division between them. There's no sensible place to draw a boundary and say that everything on the west is Europe and everything on the east is Asia.

India has a better claim to be a continent in its own right than Europe does. India sits on a separate continental plate from Asia, and is slowly moving northwards. (This is why the Himalayas get about an inch taller every year - India is pushing into them, forcing them upwards.)

From an entirely geological perspective, Hawaii is not on the North American continental plate. To say that Hawaii is part of North America because it's part of the USA, is like saying Guadeloupe (just off the coast of Venezuela) is part of Europe because it's part of France. Hawaii is on the Pacific continental plate.

But then again, so is California.

Around 15% of Egypt's population are Coptic Christians. And there are apparently 12 Jewish people. (No, I didn't miss out any zeroes there.) If you're not Christian, Muslim or Jewish though, you might have a bit of a hard time. The Bahá'í in particular are pretty badly persecuted.

If you're a tourist you're OK though. Tourism is a big part of Egypt's economy, and they're happy to take your money whatever your beliefs.

Alright, but I still don't recommend living there, what with all the instability, and let's not even talk about how the women are treated.

I'm located in North America.  And to be honest, I was tempted to answer Antarctica, but four members already gave that response so that joke has already been played out.  :P 

• 3 weeks later...

EUROPA

<--- its a nice song (ignore first 10 sec or so) about europe + im advertising my 2 vid channel, yey!

Easten europe  to me more exact... and to be even MORE exact the balkans... And even exact-tier? Romania...right in its polluted capital =o

Why should I be called European?, Yes I maybe from Europe but why should I be called European, Will Americans, Canadians and Mexicans ever called themselves North Americans? What Australians and New Zealanders called themselves?

As I'm from Britain, which is in Europe of course, I'm British and English even be part Filipino (as my mum from Phillippines) & bit of Cornish (my dad from Cornwall which is part of England/Britain).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...