Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if your government started endorsing ponies?

chirox the pony

So what if the government of your country started endorsing MLP, what kind of impact do you think it would have on your country? Post how you think your government would endorse MLP and how you would feel about it, remember it can be in anyway you like.

• Brohoof 1

I won't stand for that. Government and ponies don't mix. :eww:

Now if the government started trying to MLP a way of life in the country then it is time for a revolt.

Well, there are a lot better reasons to justify that, in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

I won't stand for that. Government and ponies don't mix. :eww:

Well, there are a lot better reasons to justify that, in my opinion.

If the government starts trying to change the lifestyle of the people because I of a show of talking ponies. Then the government has gone insane and it is time to remove them.

• Brohoof 1

When does the US government force religion on to you?

In the US, the supreme court has decided that government meetings can begin with prayers. Considering people have been punished for the lack of response to government promotion of religion, it means that the US policy is to force religion on people which also means that Americans have no freedom of religion.

• Brohoof 1

Wouldn't it be cool if we showed MLP to people in prison? They have nothing better to do and it could help them reform :P

CxFtcCq.jpg

Edited by Ickery
  • Brohoof 7

post-30550-0-08295200-1416175669_thumb.png

I can honestly say I would not be in favour of such an occurrence. I don't feel it's the government's job to tell me what I or anyone else should like or watch even if I may agree with it. That feels like propaganda to me.

My country's government would most likely endorse MLP by subsidizing and giving preferential broadcasting rights to Hasbro and Discovery Family. They'd also lower business and import taxes for their products and affiliates. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic would suddenly start popping up on eevery family and children's television network and their toys would begin hogging up the aisles at Walmart and ToysRus.

As far as the type of impact that would have I'd imagine it would just become an even bigger pop culture phenomenon as well as more controversial. Bronies would likely be less of an obscurity at that point and maybe even acquire mainstream acceptance.

But would society be better off? I doubt it. The world's problems are a little too complex to be solved by candy coloured ponies.

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 1

I do not think ponies would work well as checks.

we already have checks with little poodles on them, why not ponies?

I don't really understand how the government would endorse ponies.... do you mean try to make everyone into a brony?

or start making the country more like Equestria?

as much as I love Equestria, I don't think it would be a good idea.

we'd just screw it up and the people who make the show would be too scared to do anything in the show in fear of doing strange thing to politics, or they'd become drunk with power. O-O DUM DUM DUUUUM

I'm sorry, but if any nation's government started endorsing cartoons, that nation would become the laughingstock of the entire world. 

but japan makes most of it's money with anime exports.

are you laughing at japan?  :P