Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if your government started endorsing ponies?

chirox the pony

but japan makes most of it's money with anime exports.

are you laughing at japan?  :P

I'm pretty sure that's not even close to accurate. Japan's main exports are from it's electronics and automotive industries. It's also a huge financial trading hub.

• Brohoof 1

are you laughing at japan?  :P

Where did you come up with that totally wrong stat? Do you really think anime makes more money than say, the automotive industry? What about electronics? Besides, they aren't basing government policy on cartoons.

I'm pretty sure that's not even close to accurate. Japan's main exports are from it's electronics and automotive industries. It's also a huge financial trading hub.

I made my comment before reading yours. Great minds think alike, I guess!

you say that as if I said that anime was there only export.

with the many manga and anime in japan, you expect me to believe that the massive amount of Non Japanese otaku buying merchandise and DVDs isn't helping their economy? not even a little?

I'v seen the importance of anime referenced and joked about in more than one manga.

you say that as if I said that anime was there only export.

with the many manga and anime in japan, you expect me to believe that the massive amount of Non Japanese otaku buying merchandise and DVDs isn't helping their economy? not even a little?

I'v seen the importance of anime referenced and joked about in more than one manga.

I agree it's a big force in their economy but I don't believe that it is their primary export. I really don't think Shonen Jump has the same equity as Sony or Toyota.

Where did you come up with that totally wrong stat? Do you really think anime makes more money than say, the automotive industry? What about electronics? Besides, they aren't basing government policy on cartoons.

I made my comment before reading yours. Great minds think alike, I guess!

Obviously anime and it's merch aren't their only export, I didn't say that it was.

-_-  I also didn't say anything about polices, but it should be noted that the character's in lucky star are list as official residents in the city it takes place in.

so the tourism that anime brought in at least made the government like the anime enough for them to something like that.

oh well.

I agree it's a big force in their economy but I don't believe that it is their primary export. I really don't think Shonen Jump has the same equity as Sony or Toyota.

again, I didn't say it was a primary export, and shonen jump isn't the only manga publisher.

I prefer the works of CLAMP personally. 

again, I didn't say it was a primary export,

You essentially did say that when you asserted that Japan makes most of their money by that means.

Now if Japan publicly endorsed MLP that would be really interesting.

• Brohoof 1

You essentially did say that when you asserted that Japan makes most of their money by that means.

Now if Japan publicly endorsed MLP that would be really interesting.

No, a causal comment was made into more than it really was.

but I digress.

no, a country endorsing anything but equality is bad, I know mlp teach's that but it would be better to let people choose to follow it, rather than have government is endorse it.

just swap mlp with any religion and ask the question again.

and you can understand.

I doubt it would go well.

mlp is better off just staying a show with a fandom, not a prop for politicians.

Obviously anime and it's merch aren't their only export, I didn't say that it was.

-_-  I also didn't say anything about polices, but it should be noted that the character's in lucky star are list as official residents in the city it takes place in.

so the tourism that anime brought in at least made the government like the anime enough for them to something like that.

oh well.

again, I didn't say it was a primary export, and shonen jump isn't the only manga publisher.

I prefer the works of CLAMP personally. 

You said "but japan makes most of it's money with anime exports." and then you said "I didn't say it was a primary export." Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

You said "but japan makes most of it's money with anime exports." and then you said "I didn't say it was a primary export." Which is it? You can't have it both ways.

:blink: Don't take a casual comment so seriously! 

besides, this is not the debate pit.

just understand, I do not think japan only has anime to offer, but you have to admit that all the anime, manga and merch at least helps with all the tech and cars along with it.

When your government endorses ponies, it's time to find a new government. I'd rather not have politician filth polluting my fandom.

Oh; to clarify - politicians will probably try using it as an excuse to gain support. Like they do with everything else.

Edited by Captain Random
  • Brohoof 1

Well I don't usually try to get all cynical so, as long as they don't use this for some political/controversial reason I suppose it's fine.

Edited by Solid Scorpion

I'm sorry, but if any nation's government started endorsing cartoons, that nation would become the laughingstock of the entire world. 

during our next election

Governor (insert name here) is all for ponies, peace, and harmony. Vote ponies for prop 18 XD

still, NO behind government having anything to do with mah ponies.

• Brohoof 1

Somewhere in the House of Commons, Ottawa, Canada...

"The floor recognizes the Prime Minister of Canada."

"Mr. Speaker, as you know, the official colour of the Conservative Party is blue, and Rainbow Dash is also, mostly, blue. As this government fully supports the principles of awesomeness, we put forward that Rainbow Dash is best pony."

*Much slapping of desks from the government side of the house.*

"Okay... the floor recognizes the Leader of the Opposition."

"Mr. Speaker, I'd like to point out that in the last election, far more people voted against the Conservative Party than for it. As Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition, we disagree with the Prime Minister's assertions wholly and submit that Applejack, being Orange, the colour of our party, the party of our late leader, is best pony."

*Much slapping of desks from the opposition side of the house.*

"*sigh* The floor recognizes the Leader of the Liberal Party."

"Mr. Speaker, the Liberal Party stands for unity among Canadians, even if we have to strongarm them into it through oppressive legislation.  So, our position is that the best pony is both strong and Liberal Red, and that would be Big MacIntosh."

*quiet amount of slapping of desks*

"Who made you leader of a party, kid? The floor recognizes the Leader of the Green Party."

"Mr. Speaker, clearly, the best pony would be Lyra. Not only is she green, but as a background pony, she represents the way this government has pushed environmental protection issues into the background!"

*Floor of the house degrades into a shouting match*

"The Speaker requests that the Sergeant-at-Arms shoot him next before this silliness continues into Question Period. Please, Kevin? Do this for me?"

• Brohoof 1