Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Accidentally made someone else a brony?

Green Precision

Let me start off by saying...

I have done a search and I couldn't find a thread related to this topic. My apologies if there is already a thread. If there happens to be one, please simple merge the portion below this into whatever thread that is. These forums still are complicated to me. 

Well, recently one day after school, I had my friend wait on Skype while I go do something, I left him with the song "Set in Stone" for the wait. Shortly after I came back, he posted his own link of "Octavia's Overture", and he said he liked it.

We began to exchange responses and I mostly talked about him about the whole Octavia and Vinyl Scratch thing and how it is big and blah blah.. I sent him an animation and we chatted and then we got off.

The next day at school, he sat next to me before the busses arrived to take us to the ECS school and he said, "You have successfully converted me to bronyism."

This honestly took me by shock as I thought he would be the last person of my friends to like My Little Pony. He is a pyro and he normally draws quite... er... demonic.. things. Before this, I had no intention of making him a brony, nor anyone else.

Have you ever accidentally made someone you know a brony? Or even a pegasister?

• Brohoof 1

No but I know someone has done such a thing

My friend from Staffordshire England who still has his gf was cutting the lawn and played some music on his phone. His girlfriend asks him what music he's playing and he's says discord (euro mix). Forgetting that his girlfriend loves music that sounds mischievous finds later that day when his gf was bouncing around and he heard the music and asked "wait you actually looked at what I played" and she was screaming yes and stuff like that and in the evening asked him if they could watch some mlp and well she felt that the show was amazing and she became a pegasister. I don't know what they named their OCs but yeah my friend had no intensions on converting his gf to becoming a pegasister

• Brohoof 1

Yes I have. My best friend and I were catching up at waffle house after we had both gotten off of work. within our chit chat he asked me If there was anything new going on with me. I proceeded to tell him I had started watching MLP and how I really enjoyed it.  He was cool with it, asked me a few questions about how I found it and why and we continued our conversation with a variety of topics. 

Fast forward to the next time he comes over to my apartment. 

I have to leave him for a few minutes to go handle something important. When I come back and start to asked him what he wanted to do today he already had the first episode qued in netflix waiting on me to get back 

long story short rainbow dash is his favorite mane 6  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

My classmates have shit-email wars on our Chromebooks, and I used my pony pics and memes, and soon some of my classmates were using them. My friends started looking up ponies and MLP memes. I don't think they're bronies, but I sure made them interested. 

Edited by CenturionX117

I did by accident to one of my friends.

I was on the old website turntable.fm with my friend, where we usually play some songs and chat a bit.  I was logged into an old account on there I never showed him, and he was surprised to see someone other than me or him were in that room.  (Or so he thought).  So he messaged me telling me about it, so I decided to have a little fun.

I pretended I was someone else, and I talked about MLP on that account (I was a closet brony at the time so I never would even think about talking about it on my account).  I did it to see what his reaction would be about bronies, because I never really thought he would be accepting of them.  Turns out, the next day, he came to me and started talking about ponies and how he already watched the first couple episodes.

I don't regret that day ever since.

Edited by shy0wl
  • Brohoof 2

I did by accident to one of my friends.

I was on the old website turntable.fm with my friend, where we usually play some songs and chat a bit.  I was logged into an old account on there I never showed him, and he was surprised to see someone other than me or him were in that room.  (Or so he thought).  So he messaged me telling me about it, so I decided to have a little fun.

I pretended I was someone else, and I talked about MLP on that account (I was a closet brony at the time so I never would even think about talking about it on my account).  I did it to see what his reaction would be about bronies, because I never really thought he would be accepting of them.  Turns out, the next day, he came to me and started talking about ponies and how he already watched the first couple episodes.

I don't regret that day ever since.

Did he ever find out about your secret identity? :wau:

Yes! A few days ago actually. I walked into my local store to buy myself a drink and when I went to pay for it, the guy working at the register noticed my Brony hat. He then asked me "So you're into MLP?". I then said that I indeed was. He asked me why I watched it and I told him that it was a really good show and that there were some jokes and references in it that little girls wouldn't understand. The next day, when I came back, he told me he watched the first 5 episodes and was genuinely surprised. He absolutely loved it and told me he would continue watching it!

• Brohoof 1

A few years back I made my old friend a brony without doing it on purpose. For whatever reason, I don't remember the context, I told him that I like my little pony, and it was actually quite funny because he acted like I was coming out the closet or something because he was in denial, but a few days later he told me that he'd watched it and that he was a brony now, but he stopped watching after the 3rd season.

I was playing minecraft with my friend and I turned on "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" song and he started sing along. He was really, really crazy at that moment. I only turned him into a brony for a short time. He started to modify the lyrics :?

I made my teacher's kid a brony back in high school.

Well, the kid was like four years old, but still. My openness about loving the show sort of caused him and him wife to watch it with their kid, then the kid ended up loving the hell out of it. I even had a phone call with the teacher sometime after graduating, and he asked who my favorite pony was so he could hell his kid (I said Pinkie Pie).