Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

NFL week 17 thread

Cheesy G Nacho

Don't smoke it yet as anything can happen. For all we know in two weeks, both the pats and seahawks get knocked out of the playoffs.

I really believe JJ Watt should be the league MVP, but I feel Rodgers and murmurings for Tony Romo, Murray, Peyton, and that Steelers Running Back will get it. 

Watt stands out more than those QB's, because of his position. He has it easy if the judge's don't have their heads up their asses.

Also, these playoff should be clustered and confusing.  That's gonna be annoying and interesting, which is the way I like my NFL. 

• Brohoof 1

Watt stands out more than those QB's, because of his position. He has it easy if the judge's don't have their heads up their asses.

Also, these playoff should be clustered and confusing. That's gonna be annoying and interesting, which is the way I like my NFL.

MVP is most valuable player, if you take Watt off of the Texans team, i don't think thier record changes that much. But if you take Russel Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Demarco Murray or Leveon Bell off of thier teams, they lose a lot more games.

I don't think Watt should win it, soley because it's easier to replace a DE than it is a QB or a RB.

Watt is definitely Defensive P.O.T.Y though, no question about that.

I'm just going to pop in here and say that my DALLAS COWBOYS are ON FIRE. OK, that sounded like boasting. Sorry. However..

With the win in Washington, Dallas is going into the postseason with 4 straight wins an a perfect away record. Not only that but three records for the dallas cowboys were broken. Tony Romo, Demarco Murray, and Dez Bryant all achieved something amazing. They have a lot of momentum, and detroit is now coming off of a loss here in week 17 correct? So the advantage is toward the dallas cowboys.

The challenge is real. All of Dallas' losses are at home this season, and thats where they sit for their first postseason game. lets hope we can keep our win streak alive. 

Dallas is...

4-0 in december

8-0 on the road

4-4 at home

12-4 overall

Tony Romo has the best passer rating and really aided in driving the cowboys the distance. He qualifies for MVP, and he most certainly deserves it.

I'm just going to pop in here and say that my DALLAS COWBOYS are ON FIRE. OK, that sounded like boasting. Sorry. However..

With the win in Washington, Dallas is going into the postseason with 4 straight wins an a perfect away record. Not only that but three records for the dallas cowboys were broken. Tony Romo, Demarco Murray, and Dez Bryant all achieved something amazing. They have a lot of momentum, and detroit is now coming off of a loss here in week 17 correct? So the advantage is toward the dallas cowboys.

The challenge is real. All of Dallas' losses are at home this season, and thats where they sit for their first postseason game. lets hope we can keep our win streak alive.

Dallas is...

4-0 in december

8-0 on the road

4-4 at home

12-4 overall

Tony Romo has the best passer rating and really aided in driving the cowboys the distance. He qualifies for MVP, and he most certainly deserves it.

Outside of QB rating, Aaron Rodgers has every other stat going for him, which he is only one point behind Romo for passer rating anyways.

Also, considering Rodgers has been sat out in a few games because of point differentials limited his stats. Both of these teams have the same record, but the Packers have an undefeated home record rather than the road record.

Romo exceeded my expectations this year, but i think it's all thanks to his o-line and Murray.

It's going to be close for MVP this year, between Romo, Rodgers, Wilson, and maybe even Big Ben, i have no clue if he is being talked about.

MVP is most valuable player, if you take Watt off of the Texans team, i don't think thier record changes that much. But if you take Russel Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Demarco Murray or Leveon Bell off of thier teams, they lose a lot more games.

I don't think Watt should win it, solely because it's easier to replace a DE than it is a QB or a RB.

Watt is definitely Defensive P.O.T.Y though, no question about that.

Watt was probably the biggest reason why the texans were even in consideration for a playoff berth considering they've lost many QB's this year and among other things. Without him and his presence to scare offense gameplans around him, the Texans would be much worse and they would be in an even worse spot. There is a reason he's the only player to record 2 20 sack seasons on his resume and he's what, less than a five year veteran?

Russell Wilson, Marshawyn Lynch is far more valuable to the Seahawk's offense then Russel Wilson is. There was a reason why the seahawks offense improved when they started to depend less on Wilson to carry the offense and more on Lynch. Lynch is easily one of the best running backs in the NFL. The other three you mentioned are worthy of consideration however.

Edited by Nuke87654

Outside of QB rating, Aaron Rodgers has every other stat going for him, which he is only one point behind Romo for passer rating anyways.

Also, considering Rodgers has been sat out in a few games because of point differentials limited his stats. Both of these teams have the same record, but the Packers have an undefeated home record rather than the road record.

Romo exceeded my expectations this year, but i think it's all thanks to his o-line and Murray.

It's going to be close for MVP this year, between Romo, Rodgers, Wilson, and maybe even Big Ben, i have no clue if he is being talked about.

Demarco murray ran good, but it wasn't all him, it was also the O-Line. 

Romo too had to sit out and miss some time. He is coming off, all together 3 back injuries, and he still lead the dallas cowboys to their first divisional title since 2009. going 8-8 3 seasons in a row. '

Likewise, Rogers too sat out, and threw hard and strong, good and brave. However, he has done it before, and can easily do it again. 

With Romo this is special. I am becoming a bit Bias and a bit argumentative, sorry, ill leave with Romo as my choice. 

• Brohoof 1

Demarco murray ran good, but it wasn't all him, it was also the O-Line.

Romo too had to sit out and miss some time. He is coming off, all together 3 back injuries, and he still lead the dallas cowboys to their first divisional title since 2009. going 8-8 3 seasons in a row. '

Likewise, Rogers too sat out, and threw hard and strong, good and brave. However, he has done it before, and can easily do it again.

With Romo this is special. I am becoming a bit Bias and a bit argumentative, sorry, ill leave with Romo as my choice.

But the Cowboys have gone 8-8 for 3 years even with Romo at QB. Rodgers was injured almost all last year and they went 8-7-1. The years before were 10-6 with a Super Bowl win, 15-1 the next year, 11-5 the year after, then the 8-7-1 season to 12-4 this year, if that doesn't proove how valuable Rodgers is to the Packers, i don't know what does.

I'm being biased too, but I'm willing to bet people would rather have Rodgers QB thier team.

Here is the link for the games coming up, go ahead and start posting there! I've made my picks so feel free to post yours!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/117655-nflncaa-playoffs-thread/

You live in Michigan and root for the Packers? You're probably a Buckeyes fan too. :D

Lol not a Buckeye fan... I actually first started liking the Packers because green was my favorite color (I was like 4 or 5 years old). Then as i watched football longer, i really liked Favre and Ahman Green (the first Packers jersey i got).

Then it just took off from there lol, not a bandwagon fan here!

Both the Giants and the Jets sucked this year but I'm optimistic about the Giants. They'll get used to WacAdoo McAdoo's offense soon enough, especially with what I see to be one of the best WR crews in the league with Beckham and Randle, and only getting stronger with Cruz coming back next year. Manning just can't afford to get picked off as much as he usually does. The Giants should get a strong backup QB like they did when they had David Carr to make Manning earn his job. They should use their draft pick to get a new defensive end, to fill the hole left by both Tuck and Umenyiora.

Jets fired both Rex and Idzik. Out of the 11+ million people in the NY metro area, not a single one was surprised.

Screw Culter. Our back up has shit tons of potential, so he's out. Send him to the Jets.

Like the Jets need another quarterback. >_>

They'd might as well fill all the other positions with quarterbacks.

• Brohoof 1

Talking about MVP, I think JJ Watt may have this one, there hasn't been a dominate defensive player like him since Lawerence Taylor.

And by the way The Buffalo Bills are the only team that plays their home games in New York State. A little fact that not many people know

Edited by DaReaper
  • Brohoof 2

Well, going by regular season results, we should just pencil in the Packers and the Patriots as the Super Bowl participants now.  But as recent history has shown, the playoffs are a whole new season and anything can happen.  Rodgers and Brady will have to earn the right to play for another ring. 

As a fan of the New York teams, Black Monday can't come quickly enough. :okiedokielokie:

I should be the one moaning and groaning.  Since 2007, New York has won two Super Bowls and a World Series.  Philly only has one World Series in that same time and no hope of adding any more titles...by any team...in the foreseeable future.  :derp: 

• Brohoof 1

Well, going by regular season results, we should just pencil in the Packers and the Patriots as the Super Bowl participants now.  But as recent history has shown, the playoffs are a whole new season and anything can happen.  Rodgers and Brady will have to earn the right to play for another ring. 

I should be the one moaning and groaning.  Since 2007, New York has won two Super Bowls and a World Series.  Philly only has one World Series in that same time and no hope of adding any more titles...by any team...in the foreseeable future.  :derp:

I don't know cowboys are looking very hot going into the playoff with an average of just under 40 points per game in December and the patriots losing to the bills last night the cowboys are a strong contender of going to the super bowl that's perfect for me considering there my favorite team(every since I was 4)

Yah I know, I'm just messin with ya. My mom's from Wisconsin, so I I kinda like the (Fudge) Packers too.

I cannot tell you how many times I've heard fudge packers throughout my life :/ lol

Oh, and Suh is suspended everyone!!!

Edited by WONDERB0LT

Well, we weren't going to win against the Cowboys anyway.

Well, thanks for making me feel good about my chances. The Lions defense isn't anything to snuff at. But with Romo doing as good as he is and Demarco Murray slightly healthier, it's gonna be a bad day for the Lions.

• Brohoof 1