Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The most forgetten about video games

CosmicHooves

Is there a game that at one point in time was popular, but now a days nobody really knows about it?

Well let me ask you this.

Have any of you heard of a game called "The Quest"?

Of course you haven't.

The Quest was a very unknown game until it was released on the App Store long ago.

The original game came out for the PC then when it was ported to the App Store, it immediately became popular.

This game seemed to have a lightning-quick spike of popularity until it's popularity plummeted mysteriously.

Since then it's had a pretty decent underground following, with many people contributing to the game.

"But what IS the Quest?" you may ask.

The Quest is possibly one of the greatest RPG games ever made.

It is a first person RPG game with an NES-style interface.

It has a "knights and horses medieval" theme to it with a unique story line and a colossal map to explore around and to fight monsters.

Weapons?

Potions?

Spells?

Stats?

Yes, there are plenty of those.

The game takes an extremely long time to beat and will keep you busy and entertained for hours.

Once you've beaten the game, that is still is not the end!

There are at least 14 different expansion packs for the game.

An expasion pack basically expands the storyline and adds newer areas to access.

Basically it adds an entirely new game to the game, once you have finished it.

Here are some screen shots of what the game looks like.

post-25645-0-53222700-1420246070_thumb.jpg

post-25645-0-40734900-1420246083_thumb.jpg

post-25645-0-27289900-1420246098_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty frikn' cool huh?

Please share game you feel are forgotten about.

Edited by Emerald Starlight
  • Brohoof 2

Baten Kaitos and Baten Kaitos Origins, both games were released relatively late in the Gamecube's life cycle and the card based battle system was not to everyone's taste and had some disadvantages but both are games which are highly underrated with very engaging stories and a rather unique though not entirely kink free battle system.

BatenKaitosCover.jpgBaten_Kaitos_Origins_box.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I'm almost entirely sure my brother played the quest, either that or one of the super old elder scrolls games. it was one of them, but I can't confirm either for sure. All I remember is him walking through some mossy maze and the story was something like the king was dying.

• Brohoof 1

Anyone hear of Insomniac Games? What are they known for?

Spyro the Dragon? Ratchet & Clank? Resistance? Fuse? Sunset Overdrive?

What was their first game? It wasn't Spyro the Dragon...

Disruptor_cover_art.PNG

A classic FPS in the style of the old Doom-ish games that felt deep and fun.

And TOTALLY FORGOTTEN! ;_;

• Brohoof 1

I remember getting a few games with my ps2, one of them being power drome another being ford racing 3 and the last is motorcross mania 3 and I don't think too many people remember those especially power drome.

Power_Drome.jpg

motocross-mania-3-e5842.jpg

FordRacing3_ps2BOX-rated2005.jpg

I like how this is a topic about forgotten games and one of the most popular game series' of all time is considered among this number. :lol:

---

Lunar is a long-forgotten series. The first two were very popular on the Saturn and PS1. The only other game in the series was Lunar: Dragon Song for the Nintendo DS which is probably considered one of the worst games in the DS library. It's really not though. It has some questionable decisions for sure but most of it's hate comes from it's extreme contrast from the first two games in the series.

Dungeon Master.

Pretty much the first CRPG for dos that didn't look like crap. And it's fun, too.

The Ultima series is less obscure, but still pretty overlooked by today's standards. Sadly, EA owns the rights to the series, so don't expect a good game, if one at all, from that franchise in forever.

;(

Anyone remember this? I was never very good at it. But it was fun nonetheless,

1278068215-00.jpg

I always wanted this game. Almost bought it once even but something else caught my eye. I don't remember what though. Billy is one of my favorite characters to play in Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing. :wub:

Baten Kaitos and Baten Kaitos Origins, both games were released relatively late in the Gamecube's life cycle and the card based battle system was not to everyone's taste and had some disadvantages but both are games which are highly underrated with very engaging stories and a rather unique though not entirely kink free battle system.

img-3380310-1-BatenKaitosCover.jpgimg-3380310-2-Baten_Kaitos_Origins_box.j

This series is what made me such a huge fan of Motoi Sakuraba. Once I heard his music in this game and started remembering patterns and common instruments in his music I started hearing it elsewhere too. Turns out he's done a ton of popular series' from Star Ocean to Tales Of.

Baten Kaitos is by far my favorite work of his but he almost never disappoints. His guitar stuff is best. Sadly he doesn't use it as much as he did in BK. :(

This little gem from my childhood which was overshadowed by Mario Kart but imo more fun to play.

11022_front.jpg

I love this game so much. I played the second one more than the first but I just loved it so much. There's nothing like a leisurely snowboarding race through the snowy mountains...just to get slapped with a wash tub and go from first to last place in seconds. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

:(I love this game so much. I played the second one more than the first but I just loved it so much. There's nothing like a leisurely snowboarding race through the snowy mountains...just to get slapped with a wash tub and go from first to last place in seconds. :lol:

yeah, not to mention how amusing it was to be the first on the ski lift and watch everybody slam into the wall and fight each other to go next.

Edited by OceanSapphire
  • Brohoof 1

Muramasa was an awesome game, made from the developers of Odin Sphere, yet not many seem to remember it

Muramasa_The_Demon_Blade.jpg

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 3

Klonoa%20-%20Door%20to%20Phantomile%20%5

Klonoa is one of the best side-scrollers ever. It pains me to see it so over looked simply because of it's rather unusual name and overly cute exterior. It's truly an amazing game. Plus... I mean... -Cough- NAMCO MADE IT -Cough- He even has PAC-MAN on his hat. HE HAS A HAT! 10/10 game already. 

• Brohoof 5

One of my favorite RTS games ever, Empire Earth.

The first one was the best, but the sequels just got worse and worse then it fell into obscurity

(I would like the image if I wasnt on my iPad :( )

Come to think of it, the Wii probably has some of the most hidden gems when I think about it:

Muramasa

Klonoa Remake

Boy and his Blob

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Madworld

Zack and Wiki

Silent Hill Shattered Memories

Sin And Punishment 2

Trauma Team

Sakura Wars: So Long My Love

Rune Factory Frontier

Excitebots

No More Heroes 1&2

Lost in Shadows

and a bunch of others I'm sure I'm forgetting

• Brohoof 2

To tell the truth, the Final Fantasy series are ending up into the abyss of lost and forgotten games. I remember back in the day, especially when the 10th installment came out, it was something I used to hear about a lot and I did get hooked on the series myself back then. Nowadays it's a rare sight to even come across someone that's heard of Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy is one of the greatest, if not, the greatest RPG games of all time but it's really lost it's spark. Not that I'm complaining about the new installments but they've lost that Final Fantasy spirit of how it used to be. I think this is probably the reason why it's lost it's place. Still, the classics are in the shadows now.

As for underrated/hidden gems, Summoner 1 and 2 have to be on this list. They're great RPG's but again, not a lot of people have even heard of these games. There's a lot of cool stuff in both these games that keep you playing them. Shame they're so unpopular though.

I'm even going to say the classic Resident Evil games are becoming forgotten now and covered up by the new games of the series. I get they're trying new things as was done with the Final Fantasy series but Resident Evil is another one that's lost it's touch. I remember these games as being 'run around solving clues and finding what you need to progress through the game while fighting Zombies'. Now it's become an all-out shoot 'em' up game. These new installments are nothing like the classics. The only thing that makes them Resident Evil is simply because it's got 'Resident Evil' written in the title or you're just playing another typical shoot 'em' up. They're still enjoyable games, they're just not Resident Evil as I remember them being. For me it's safe to say the original style of a Resident Evil game has been lost, even my Cousin thinks all Resident Evil's are just about shooting your way through the game.

Also, what ever happened to Megaman? one of the greatest side-scrollers going. I haven't heard about it in years. That was a game you'll always enjoy playing through. Another cool side-scroller on the Sega Genesis was Atomic Runner also known as Chelnov. That was one of my childhood favorites even though I struggled with it :P It's a shame to see games like these forgotten or entirely unknown.

Edited by -Celestia-

It's probably a bit of a stretch since the game was fairly successful both commercially and critically, but I have to say Parasite Eve. The gameplay was really fun, music was excellent, and I thought the overall customization was fantastic. It's one of the few games I know of where the main female protagonist is fully-clothed.

PE1.png

To tell the truth, the Final Fantasy series are ending up into the abyss of lost and forgotten games. I remember back in the day, especially when the 10th installment came out, it was something I used to hear about a lot and I did get hooked on the series myself back then. Nowadays it's a rare sight to even come across someone that's heard of Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy is one of the greatest, if not, the greatest RPG games of all time but it's really lost it's spark. Not that I'm complaining about the new installments but they've lost that Final Fantasy spirit of how it used to be. I think this is probably the reason why it's lost it's place. Still, the classics are in the shadows now.

As for underrated/hidden gems, Summoner 1 and 2 have to be on this list. They're great RPG's but again, not a lot of people have even heard of these games. There's a lot of cool stuff in both these games that keep you playing them. Shame they're so unpopular though.

I'm even going to say the classic Resident Evil games are becoming forgotten now and covered up by the new games of the series. I get they're trying new things as was done with the Final Fantasy series but Resident Evil is another one that's lost it's touch. I remember these games as being 'run around solving clues and finding what you need to progress through the game while fighting Zombies'. Now it's become an all-out shoot 'em' up game. These new installments are nothing like the classics. The only thing that makes them Resident Evil is simply because it's got 'Resident Evil' written in the title or you're just playing another typical shoot 'em' up. They're still enjoyable games, they're just not Resident Evil as I remember them being. For me it's safe to say the original style of a Resident Evil game has been lost, even my Cousin thinks all Resident Evil's are just about shooting your way through the game.

Also, what ever happened to Megaman? one of the greatest side-scrollers going. I haven't heard about it in years. That was a game you'll always enjoy playing through. Another cool side-scroller on the Sega Genesis was Atomic Runner also known as Chelnov. That was one of my childhood favorites even though I struggled with it :P It's a shame to see games like these forgotten or entirely unknown.

Maybe I'm just out of touch with the general gaming populace but I wanna know in what world Final Fantasy, Resident Evil and Megaman are considered forgotten. These are usually among the most popular franchises of all time. They've changed but mostly for the better. They aren't forgotten, just have a different ratio of fans to haters than before.

Space Station Silicon Valley!

Just listen to the song and tell me you aren't ready to go on a funky space adventure through a cyborg petting zoo filled with everything from flying sheep, to militarized gophers to jet ski combat wolves.
silidesertfox.jpghuski5.jpg

• Brohoof 1