• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

March of this year. And it all started last September/October with a thread on SPUF about MLP and the apparent hatred. At the time, I knew about it, I didn't watch but didn't hate. Someone suggested watching the first episode to someone else so I thought maybe I should give it a shot. I watched 8 minutes of it and didn't really care for it, but kind of understood why people liked it. After about 6 months of covering my friends Rainbow Dash spray in TF2 with the wrenching engineer later and curiosity got the better of me again and I "forced" myself through the first 2 episodes. Then I watched the next 2 and it snowballed from there.

About November or December. I know that I was watching the episodes for a while (it dragged out for days) 'til I watched Hearth's Warming Eve and there weren't any more episodes to watch. So I think November my sister told me that she was a fan of a TV show called "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". I was surprised: she even joined a fan club! So I decided to watch it to see why my sister liked a cartoon so much. And I watched the first two episodes. I liked it enough to watch another episode. I liked it more. And eventually I was obsessed with the show.

(edited)

been looking hing like this. i have always secretly been drawn to (No pun intended) mlp artwork some time since early may of 2012 . but never really got how anyone could like this show. Then at hot topic one day as a joke i bought a rainbow dash t-shirt that said brony. then i started doing researching reading forums and post about why this show is great and then said "well if i have a shirt then why not actually give it a shot lol. last thing i want to be is a brony poser. so i watched it...AND INSTANTLY FELL IN LOVE! fluttershy has got to be the cutest thing on the entire planet. And applebloom's voice is so adorable!!! I LOVED IT. from then i have been a full on brony and have no intentions of ever going back.

Edited by Scarfy HOOVES

I originally started collecting MLP way back when the toys first appeared. They started getting harder and harder to find and by the time I was in middle school they were virtually unheard of. But just because they disappeared from the shelves doesn't mean I forgot about them. I've always secretly loved them, whether or not any of my friends liked them or not. I knew they changed and the styles got more advanced and better looking but I never really persued them after high school age. Then last month a friend of mine happened to send me a link to the first episode of MLP FiM. Oh the nostalgic memories it brought! I was instantly hooked and watched episode after episode. I decided that there had to be more fans out there so I signed up here in the hopes of meeting new friends that share my love of those bright little ponies!

• Brohoof 1

How did you join the herd? Was it a friend? Did you discover it by accident?

As for me, my friend and I are creepypasta readers, and he introduced me to one of the stories, which was of course, Cupcakes.

I felt like I needed a bit more backstory, so I went on Youtube and then I started crying rainbow tears of joy .

• Brohoof 1

I saw a hater video making fun of bronies. I felt bad, and in return I watched the first episode. Then the second, the the first season, then the newest episode.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm...coulda' sworn there was a thread for this already...

Regardless, you may have my story.

Last September I was watching "Griffon the Brush-Off" and I couldn't see the ending because of things beyond my control.

Finished watching the episode on Youtube.

Got interested and watched them all in like 3 days.

Didn't know what a Brony was until January...That's when I joined this place.

As for me, my friend and I are creepypasta readers, and he introduced me to one of the stories, which was of course, Cupcakes.

I felt like I needed a bit more backstory, so I went on Youtube and then I started crying rainbow tears of joy .

i dont really know. i just remember watching a vid of ponies then being in love with it!

p.s. i LOVE creepypasta too!

Memes and the other forum I frequent. Then one of my friends was chatting with me on MSN. She gave me a link and told me to click it, and I don't trust her because usually it's really sketchy stuff, but she said it was MLP and I was like UGH FINE and I watched the first episode of MLP.

Then the second episode.

Then the third one.

In fact, last summer I spent an entire week or two watching season 1. I regret nothing, in fact I'm happy I listened to her for once. :)

Already been done like fifty times before, but whatevs:

GMod Theater, some mod for Garry's Mod, got me hooked I think some time when the Season 1 Finale was still new. People would play My Little Pony episodes all the time. Everyone was all saddlesore about how our ponies were getting in the way of their Jersey Shore. I sucked it up and watched a few episodes.

1st Episode: Meh... My attention span is only about 15 minutes so...

2nd: This is actually pretty enjoyable

3rd: MY LITTLE PONY, MY LITTLE PONY, MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

And then I proceeded to watch the rest of the season.

Copy pasta from my about me page.

THE LEGACY OF FINESTHOUR

I started off as a young lad head over heels for a beautiful woman named Samantha. I had loved her for many years, and i would do anything for her. One day she introduced me to a show called "My little pony: Friendship is Magic" and begged me to watch it. I watched it just for her, and hated it at first. But I was actually very surprised with what I saw. It was nothing like I had expected. After a few weeks, I was hooked. But sadly, she absolutely crushed my heart for reasons that do not need to be spoken. Until this day, I have had a deep sadness in my heart that I try hard to break out of. But one day in October, I was randomly googling stuff, then put in "My little pony: Friendship is magic forum". And little did I know, a forum had opened up a week prior. I joined automaticly and named myself "Finesthour" after my Gamertag on Xbox Live. Within a week, I became the top poster, and the pony everypony should know.

Then I met my best friend Timmy, (Who is now Vinyl) in January. She was absolutely amazing, and needed my help emotionally. I tried all I could to make her happy, but she was extremely suicidal. It absolutely destroyed my heart to see her down, but I kept trying. Then, I met the love of my life on Janaury 26th, 2012. Vinyl had sent his ex girlfriend to me so I could explain things to her, and I fell in love at first sight. She was funny, adorable, amazing, and good looking o3o. From then on, we have been together.

everypony is gonna kill me for this, but at the time i started i had just finished panty and stocking with garterbelt and the similarities between twilight sparkle and stocking intrigued me u_u not too exciting, but that's how i started watching.

The day I Joined the herd is a day I Will never forget. It was October 22 and i stumbled upon my roommate watching these colorful equine creatures on his laptop. Before I could let out a word he told me to sit down so he could explain. After about 20 minutes of explaining how the show was becoming popular on 4chan and how it was actually good i decided to give it a try. I loved it. It was funny, well animated,and I love Tara Strong and Lauren Faust so that was a plus. That same day the second episode aired and i watched that and then the next episode when it came out,and the next episode,and the next episode,ect,ect.

I actually used to be a hater, I didn't understand how men could like a show that was made for little girls. But then someone managed to tempt me to watch the first few episodes. At first I was like 'WTF is this?' but then I watched more, and more, and more, and now I can't wait until S3. This all only happened about 3 weeks ago.

It's a funny story, I'll let this guy explain it:

Seriously, I can't remember how I came across it in November when I found out about FiM and bronies.

• Brohoof 2

I read a fanfic on Applejack and Rainbow Dash. The characters were interesting, so I started reading more on it. Then, there I was, watching episode 1 and 2. Now, I can happily say I am a brony! :3 /)

Mine is pretty simple and maybe a lot similar to everyone else's. It all started on a boring day after school. I've seen a lot of talk about these people called bronies. So as I'm talking to my friend over steam and I make the suggestion "Hey, lets just watch one episode together, whats the worst that can happen?" So I go to youtube and just type in a generic statement of "My Little Pony Episodes." The first one me and my friend watched was "Read it and Weep." We both were mixed about the show so we watched another one, "Fall Weather Friends." We both realized we became bronies. To make a long story short, he has died down as a brony and I wear the title with pride and continue to watch the show, read fanfics and listen to the songs. In fact, the main reason I came here was because my friends were so tired of me talking about MLP:FiM so much that I came here to talk about it as much as I want :D

I first heard of it on /co/, and I decided to bandwagon - seriously, who doesn't love being followed by haters? I never intended to actually watch the episodes, I was just going to be there for the fun of being able to call myself a "brony". Then one boring night I decided to watch the first episode... well, now I'm most definitely a full-fledged brony.

I still love being followed by haters, of course.

i got dragon age 2 day one. i played it and guess what? it was a steaming pile of failure. so i went to /v/ to check out if anyone was as enraged as i was. I kept seeing the occasional pony picture. I decided to check out /co/ for more info on these ponies. next thing you know im watching the first episode and liking every second of it. and thats how equestria was made!