Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Monster Hunter Club

Panne

Best part is for my next charge blade upgrade I need 4 silver rath tails >.<

Dang. I even still struggle to cut that thing off even with a purple-sharpness-paralysis great sword. Even when I'm on a roll, most people can't really land a hit because it seems their weapons don't even reach and they knock me outta the way..  >_>

Also on a another note, I'm pretty sure that events are coming out on the 1st of each month! And may is approaching pretty soon! 

I like to think that when I stun a monster with it, it's not actually stunned, but rather confused about how I'm whacking it with a giant guitar and its actually working.

Did You end up making a paralysis Hunting Horn you were looking for? I've been experimenting with the Sheath Control (punish draw + quick sheathing) skill and the para/stun combo is really deadly when you consistently land attacks on the head! I expect that ability would be even more proficient for the hunting horn :blink:

I finally finished my Seregios armor! Yaaaaay! It looks so nice on my hunter, and is super stylish. I even had enough scraps to make the Insect Glaive, which is very nice, and I love its name. Still need to do some more grinding of Seregios however, as I do still really want the greatsword.

Also on a another note, I'm pretty sure that events are coming out on the 1st of each month! And may is approaching pretty soon!

I believe they are scheduled to be released on the first Friday of every month. Which just so happens to be the 1st of May this time, but it probably won't be the 1st every month.

Did You end up making a paralysis Hunting Horn you were looking for? I've been experimenting with the Sheath Control (punish draw + quick sheathing) skill and the para/stun combo is really deadly when you consistently land attacks on the head! I expect that ability would be even more proficient for the hunting horn :blink:

I haven't made it quite yet. I might have enough parts to make either the Long Sword or Hunting Horn I'm after already, but definitely not both yet since I don't have enough Ampsounders. I haven't checked yet, though.

If Sheath Control gives Punish Draw and Quick Sheathing, I really don't think that'll be a useful skill for the Hunting Horn. I'm not even sure if Punish Draw does anything if the weapon's draw attack already inflicts stun damage. And even if it did, I pretty much never sheathe the Hunting Horn anyway since it has extremely fast movement speed and I can quickly walk to the monster with the weapon drawn. The main reason I'd sheathe the Hunting Horn normally is to use a potion to heal. This means I'd have to sheathe the Hunting Horn specifically to take advantage of that skill, which doesn't sound like the best use of my time in a hunt. I can see that skill working very well for the Great Sword, since constantly sheathing is already part of the strategy. But on the Hunting Horn, I feel like it's just a waste of skill points.

The Hunting Horn isn't the best at inflicting status. I can consistently stun a monster once in a hunt, but I have yet to stun a monster twice in a hunt yet. I don't know the exact numbers, but I think the Hammer naturally does about twice the stun damage then Hunting Horn does. Getting the one KO with the Hunting Horn is nice, but the ability to stun just feels more like a nice bonus than the focus of the weapon. Similar with paralysis, I expect to paralyse the monster once per hunt with it. The Hunting Horn attacks slowly so it can't accumulate status damage fast. The main reason I wanted the paralysis Hunting Horn isn't that it can paralyse, but because it has both an Attack Boost L song and a Hearing Protection song, which are both amazing buffs.

• Brohoof 1

If Sheath Control gives Punish Draw and Quick Sheathing, I really don't think that'll be a useful skill for the Hunting Horn. I'm not even sure if Punish Draw does anything if the weapon's draw attack already inflicts stun damage.

Yeah, you are exactly right. It's a God awful skill to equip on the hunting horn! :unsure:

What I was meant to say:

It's a total pain in the neck to get such a rare skill and equip it on my great sword set which has para stat damage on it. Already having paralysis and stun without requiring that annoying skill would be very useful! Especially with your ability to hand out buffs, giving you more options for other slotting in other skills! ^_^

But yes! I was referring to the para/stun combo!

Yeah, you are exactly right. It's a God awful skill to equip on the hunting horn! :unsure:

What I was meant to say:

It's a total pain in the neck to get such a rare skill and equip it on my great sword set which has para stat damage on it. Already having paralysis and stun without requiring that annoying skill would be very useful! Especially with your ability to hand out buffs, giving you more options for other slotting in other skills! ^_^

But yes! I was referring to the para/stun combo!

Oh, right, I completely misinterpreted you! I thought you were suggesting Sheath Control as a skill for the Hunting Horn! For Hunting Horn skills, my essential skills are Horn Maestro and Evade+2. That leave quite a lot of room for other skills. I haven't actually thought much about what other skills I'd like to have when I use the Hunting Horn. It is quite hard to choose, since a lot of skills I could potentially use also have a song that gives the same buff. Not much point bringing the Earplug skill when I can just play a song to give everyone Earplugs anyway. However, it still feels a little early for deciding on my ideal skill sets as I'm still going around making as much early G-rank stuff as I can so I don't get destroyed later on.

One skill I haven't used before but I'm interested in trying out is Challenger +1 or +2. It greatly increases your attack and affinity when the monster goes into rage mode, which sounds awesome since it's like you're saying to the monster 'it is on!'. I've also heard that in general it's among the best damage increasing skills out there, so that's also good about it.

Yeah, having both Stun and Paralysis on the same weapon sounds great in general. But I don't think the Hunting Horn is particularly good at inflicting status in the first place, so I don't think I can make that much use of it. Like I said before, the Hunting Horn does less stun damage than other weapons like the hammer, and it attacks too slowly to get a lot of use out of its element or status, so I only expect to stun and paralyze the monster once per hunt. It's a nice bonus of course, that's still two opportunities for massive damage! But my main reason for aiming for that weapon was for its songs.

Well, the new DLC is out today, along with two item packs and the Wycoon wares (yay for raw meats and Kelbis horns :3) So yeah :P And we finally have G Rank DLC too! The Taiko one gives you access to a good HH with three slots, and we fight a Garuga (yay...) for the Samus Arm cannon weapon (bowgun)

Dude, I broke every part I could on a Black Gravios and it still ran away without limping. Then when I caught up with it, I hit it like, twice and it limped away.

I kinda destroyed that thing, the Seregios Greatsword does fabulous work.

(edited)

I've managed to take down 4 of the strongest monsters offline and boy, they were tough. There were time when I was on my toes after taking some heavy damage. I've also got myself the full Gold Rathian armor set.

Which monster do you think is the toughest out of the lot? The electrifying Rajang, the nightmarish Akantor, the powder exploding manticore, Teostra or the steel dragon of the wind, Kushala Daora? Me?  I thought the Teostra was the hardest because it's explosive attacks are deadly. Not to mention it prevents hunters escaping from corners.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

I've managed to take down 4 of the strongest monsters offline and boy, they were tough. There were time when I was on my toes after taking some heavy damage. I've also got myself the full Gold Rathian armor set.

Which monster do you think is the toughest out of the lot? The electrifying Rajang, the nightmarish Akantor, the powder exploding manticore, Teostra or the steel dragon of the wind, Kushala Daora? Me? I thought the Teostra was the hardest because it's explosive attacks are deadly. Not to mention it prevents hunters escaping from corners.

I havent fought Kushala yet, but I would say Rajang is the most difficult. His burst beam is crazy unpradictable in the direction he sends it, and he moves like lightning, hits like it too.

Teostra was an amazing fight and I really enjoyed it.

Akantor was just an annoying prick, but he wasnt too bad.

Dalamadur.

Why? Why is this a thing? Its so ridiculous, my buddy and I had to do it twice (once for each of us since it was the urgent). The first time I did fine in my seregios armor.

The second time I carted twice via getting one shot in my S. Zinogre armor.

It was pretty ridiculous.

I do remember facing the Dalamadur with the other hunters as well. The first time it was epic and I got two gems from it but the second time, the quest resulted in a failure...

The first time I saw the Dalamadur I was shocked to see how HUGE it was! It was so big, it even had two icons. One for the head and one for the tail.

• Brohoof 1

Dalamadur.

Why? Why is this a thing? Its so ridiculous...

It was pretty ridiculous.

I do remember facing the Dalamadur with the other hunters as well. The first time it was epic and I got two gems from it but the second time, the quest resulted in a failure...

The first time I saw the Dalamadur I was shocked to see how HUGE it was! It was so big, it even had two icons. One for the head and one for the tail.

After beating Dalamadur and Shah Dalamadur 30 times each, I'd actually have to say it's become one of my favourite monsters in the game. An epic fight for sure! Which is odd, because I hated at first too, and it 1HKO-ed me all of the time.

Now, after knowing its moveset like the back of my hand it's unbelievably slow and easy to predict. Owning that thing with HBG or GS becomes a pretty simple task.

Don't even get me started on those shattered omens though.. Farming those things is so painful. You need to really pay attention to the clanging sound, unless you're planning to solo-run it and keep it at 10% health which is what I ended up doing in the end..

My Brother who also plays this game took it upon himself that he'd like the Dalamadur armour and weapons. Yay. that meant more grinding for me.

Though, I would like for MH4U to hurry up and finish releasing the G-rank Dalamadur, because at the moment all of the weapon paths for  it are un-finishable and it's really irritating. :bedeyes:

I'm baaaack! :3 I've just entered high rank, and gotten myself a full set of Seregios armor, because it looks pretty. :3 I also got the Seregios greatsword, and it works like a charm. Now I have to hunt the Molten Tigrex... ;~; Any advice?

(edited)

I can not give you any advice on any from of Tigrex...I always lose once against that bloody thing

Well shit. I'm going to try to tackle it now, I'll post the results here... ;-;

I'm back from hunting the Brute Tigrex, (it wasn't Molten,) and it was surprisingly easy... :/ I meownted it a few times, and it went down without much trouble. :D

Now I need to kill a Stygian Zinogre.

I hate fighting Zinogre... ;~; They always slap me with some sort of charged attack, and down I go...

Edited by Midnight Frost

ugh i just got into g3 and every room wants to fight Gogmazios and whats worse is no one can actually do it 

i just wanna kill some apex but no one wants to they all just want Gogmazios even know he is not that good 

Well shit. I'm going to try to tackle it now, I'll post the results here... ;-;

I'm back from hunting the Brute Tigrex, (it wasn't Molten,) and it was surprisingly easy... :/ I meownted it a few times, and it went down without much trouble. :D

Now I need to kill a Stygian Zinogre.

I hate fighting Zinogre... ;~; They always slap me with some sort of charged attack, and down I go...

I've said it a million times, but I love fighting Zinogre. Just seeing him on the battlefield gives me the feeling of lightning running through my veins like blood.

All time favorite monster.

Stygian is less so, but I still love it none the less.

• Brohoof 1

ugh i just got into g3 and every room wants to fight Gogmazios and whats worse is no one can actually do it 

i just wanna kill some apex but no one wants to they all just want Gogmazios even know he is not that good 

Apex, at G3? That's a bit ambitious don't you think? 

Anyway. Most of them aren't even worth fighting until you hit Expert (G-crown)

At that point, you should be able to search for the quests you need in G3 (Chameleos, Teostra, Kushula, Ukanlos. etc.) manually and you should have no troubles finding rooms at all.

And Gogmazios is awesome! One of my all time favourite monsters!!! :yay:

(You can also trade his parts for Dire Miralis later!)

but you can get apex at that rank  

Very true. It's just I'm not a fan of "I will do it, just because I can". Plus, the good stuff comes later on. And I see no point rushing along particularly at that point in the game. But it depends what gear you have. Some apex monsters can 1HKO me, even with 750+ Defense! :blink:

If you're looking for weapon honing. Apex Deviljho seems to be the best thing to farm Zenith Wyvern Gem L's. :D