Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do Ponies speak English or do they have their own language?

Azureth

I would say they speak english. If they had their own language then twilight would be completely incomprehensible to all humans in Equestria Girls (also spike wouldn't exactly a "talking" dog, just a weird dog whose barking is reminiscent to horse sounds).

tho an equestrian language would be cool, it would just make more sense if they spoke english.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, I think most of the ponies speak English because it's a show made by a US company but then there's Zecora! She's interesting because in one episode she spoke something that sounded very much like

which, incidentally, was the same native language Lieutenant Uhura spoke in the original Star Trek series. I don't know about anyone else but I can hear distinct similarities to what Zecora speaks in
  • Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I believe that the citizens of Equestria speak a language called Ungulish. The origins of this language come from a place named Unguland, a kingdom on an island that merged with a bunch of other kingdoms. 

• Brohoof 1

What was the episode where Celestia (I think) said something was written in "old Ponish?"

Also, the comics have a lot of written words and puns in the background, on signs, etc. I wonder if the non English comics have those things changed.

So it seems they write English.

• Brohoof 1