Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What type of gamer are you? (be honest)

CosmicHooves

Types of Gamers Poll  

158 users have voted

1. 1. What type of PC gamer are you?

• Amateur
    • Average
    • Advanced
  2. 2. What type of console gamer are you?

• Amateur
    • Average
    • Advanced
  3. 3. What type of mobile gamer are you?

• Amateur
    • Average
    • Advanced

I started out on console games played them most of my life, but recently found myself moving over to PC gaming with my gaming desktop with MMO/RPG and MOBA's in general. Not interested in mobile games only the MLP game. ^_^

I'm an extreme PC user, and it's almost exclusively what I play games on now (other than my WiiU and retro consoles).

I would have put advanced in terms of consoles, but I haven't bought any recently other than my N64 my WiiU. I honestly only play old console games now.

I don't play many mobile games other than Puzzle Forge II and Adventure Xpress. They don't really interest me.

I started out with PC, but I own very PC games now and they're all very old. Like, late 90s-early 2000s. I'm far more experienced with consoles and own several of them. although my actual skill in gaming is solidly average. And mobile gaming, I know nothing about. My phone is too old for that stuff.

• 6 months later...

I play games with the E rating, including E10+. If it's a T game that I play, it has no intense violence or blood and gore. For example, Super Smash Bros Brawl. I play that game on my Wii a lot. I hate first person shooters and other games rated M, but if you like them, I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just stating my opinion on video games. My favorite games are 2D fighting games, like Smash Bros. (It has PAC-MAN :D) I enjoy simplistic games like PAC-MAN, Galaga, and DigDug. I also enjoy games with stories, the kind of games you would save in. The Legend of Zelda, Mario, and the PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures video game. I like them all.

I'm pretty good at PC (or Mac in my case) games (especially World of Warcraft).  I've never played a console game in my entire life (I wish I could play Assassin's Creed) and I did okay in Pokemon, Okamiden, and other Nintendo games.  But for the most part, I just play for story and fun.

I'm pretty good at PC games, I wont say I'm advanced but I'm pretty good K+M feels really good. I'm slightly advanced at console games as I have played those my whole life. Mobile games I just kinda of mess around with here and there to pass the time that's it. 

I haven't played many console games, so I'm an amateur at those.

PC games I have some experience with, but I wouldn't say I'm advanced, so, average.

Same thing for mobile games. Some of them can actually be pretty difficult (Like Flappy Bird, for example).

This poll is missing one category, though: handhelds! I'm definitely advanced at those.

I'd say I am best at PC games as I spend most of my gaming time on that. I'd say I'm pretty good with a mouse and Keyboard, so maybe Im a advanced or average/

I used to play on consoles when I was younger just as much as I play on PC now, but currently I haven't touched my Xbox in a long time. I used to be pretty good with consoles but I'm probably out of touch now, average.

I almost never play mobile games, although I have been getting more into it. amateur

I am average on mobile and computer games. I have always stuck to the pride and true of console games and over the years my skillz have evolved being a very advanced console gamer. I mean playing games ever since you are 3 years old has it's advantages. :)

Between 8 years of World of Warcraft and a year and a half of Payday 2, I like to think I'm in the advanced PC category. I could heal circles around Paladins, Clerics and Druids back in the day, and that was after they gimped Shamans. #forthehorde

I've used controllers quite a bit, but I can't say I'm particularly good with them. 

Mobile gaming is meh to me, at least for now.

I own too many consoles. I have all the known Nintendo home consoles (minus the virtual boy and maybe a few others that are very rare) and i also have all the Xbox consoles and all but one of the Sony consoles. I even typed this up on my gaming PC. So...yeah, I play nearly any game you throw at me (except cod because they got old ages ago, or fifa because it's the same boring game over and over). I have played Pokemon, Zelda, Mario, Animal Crossing, Star Fox, Pikmin, Metroid, F-Zero, etc from Nintendo and Deus Ex, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Bioshock, etc. My favourite series have to be Zelda, Pokemon, SSB and Fallout out of them all.

Anyone here heard of Dungeon Keeper II for PC? That game was frikkin' perfect.

TL;DR

I play almost any game on any platform and I can be a serious gamer.

Edited by NovaCosmic

Amateur at mobile because I really don't care for it.

Average at PC and advanced at console. I've played consoles all my life so I'm the most used to it, despite PC being my main gaming choice now. I have been practicing on mouse+keyboard and hope to become actually decent at it eventually. I prefer PCs but I'm more experienced with consoles.

As for actual skill level, I'm bad on all 3 and am mostly going by what I use the most in terms of being an 'amateur, average, advanced' player.  :twi:

• Brohoof 1

I would say I'm an amateur when it comes to PC and mobile games because I don't play many games on both. I play a lot of console games and I play a lot of games online, so I would say I'm an average to an advanced console gamer. It depends on the game I'm playing online though.

Well.. advanced for both PC and Console(Or at least used to be).

Very competitive when it comes to PC gaming. Used to be competitive with Halo, and such(for the console).. now it's Counter Strike.on PC.

And I don't play mobile games at all.

Casual. I really don't mind what console it's on, but I would prefer it to be on Playstation consoles as much as possible, mainly because that's what I am most familiar with. I have yet to play online, but I will one day. I also have yet to play on PC, I would prefer to use a controller. I'm sure there are applications that will allow you to use a controller on PC, but I'm not that heavily invested in gaming.

For mobile, I put average since I hardly play games on there at all (but I was pretty good at them). For console, amateur, since I don't own any; however, I do have an 360 controller for some games on my PC, and I would say that I'm average in that respect. Now for PC, I would say between average and advanced, depending on the game in question. 

I would say I'm advanced in most platforms but far from "expert". I consider experts to be those people who can pick up a game and within an hour become legendary at it.