Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Do You Think Happens After Death?

ThisAccountIsDead

My belief system is a little weird since I believe in spirits/ghosts but not any kind of afterlife or reincarnation after death. I believe that when you die, that's it. Your mind will fade to black and your heart will stop beating. I imagine it being like slipping into sleep forever.

I believe Twilight Sparkle is a pimp goddess. And that she will turn me into a pony and ship me to another pony that i will dwell with for the rest of my life. Depending on my level of goodness or evilness. Either it will be kinky bad, or innocent good. But if you have harmed people in earlier life, then you will be purified of it in the next life.

In the meanwhile. Try to be good to others :twi:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nothing interesting. You cease to be conscious and eventually become part of earth as you decompose. I used to believe in an afterlife, before I developed critical thinking skills.

Edited by Guest

I think you get taken into a paradise of your own dreams. Mine would be riding a velociraptor through the streets filled with zombies, killing them with a dubstep gun as it rains nachos, then escaping on a roller-coaster filled with ponies, friends, family and attractive girls while eating TGI Fridays, then repeat...

One could only dream at least ;)

• Brohoof 1

I don't believe in the after life or anything of the sort. I just think that there is nothingness. Not like seeing blackness, since you can't see or comprehend, but just nothing. It's hard to explain. But I think once you're dead you're dead. 

The stuff with the things, you know what I mean?

But seriously I've not a clue, I'm not religious or any of that jazz.

When my time comes I shall greet that aspect with curiosity.  

(edited)

I personally believe that it will be like going back before I was born. No concept of time or space. The vessel which holds my personality and, essentially, who I am, will cease to operate; my brain. With it, I'll cease to be.

I'm not afraid. If anything, it's calming and makes me appreciate life more.

When I die, I believe nothing will matter and nothing will happen. Life is pointless. Sound depressing? I don't think so.

Heart break, fears, sadness. It'll all be wiped from my dead brain when I die, so I make the most of it. I enjoy life because it's so pointless. When things get bad, I remind myself that it'll end eventually, so why not focus on what's going good in life? Doesn't mean it's all fun. Obviously I gotta put in work to have fun. But by believing that there is no life after death and therefor pointless, I motivate myself to make every second alive worth it. I mean, this is it. This is all I believe there is. I'll make the most of it. One way ticket to living.

That's what I believe happens after death.

Edited by pollo20x6

I personally believe that it will be like going back before I was born. No concept of time or space. The vessel which holds my personality and, essentially, who I am, will cease to operate; my brain. With it, I'll cease to be.

I'm not afraid. If anything, it's calming and makes me appreciate life more.

When I die, I believe nothing will matter and nothing will happen. Life is pointless. Sound depressing? I don't think so.

Heart break, fears, sadness. It'll all be wiped from my dead brain when I die, so I make the most of it. I enjoy life because it's so pointless. When things get bad, I remind myself that it'll end eventually, so why not focus on what's going good in life? Doesn't mean it's all fun. Obviously I gotta put in work to have fun. But by believing that there is no life after death and therefor pointless, I motivate myself to make every second alive worth it. I mean, this is it. This is all I believe there is. I'll make the most of it. One way ticket to living.

That's what I believe happens after death.

Going back to what it was like before you were born...

Nothingness → Birth → Life → Death → Nothingness → Birth

Any holes in that logic?

I'm just a human, I doubt I could "stumble on" to any true idea of what I will experience after my death (if anything). I'll just wait and see, and live my life as I want to in the meantime. Make the best of it, try to live the best life I can and help people if I'm able to. 

I don't have any set idea about what happens, though I currently feel- just feel- like it could be nothingness, and that who we are dies with our bodies. But I'm open to other possibilities as well... I hope the truth is something more positive than what I'm feeling.  :wacko:

Going back to what it was like before you were born...

Nothingness → Birth → Life → Death → Nothingness → Birth

Any holes in that logic?

I didn't mean it literally. I meant it like "how did it feel before I was born? That's what I think it'll feel likeafter I die". I didn't mean to say I believe in reincarnation.

I didn't mean it literally. I meant it like "how did it feel before I was born? That's what I think it'll feel likeafter I die". I didn't mean to say I believe in reincarnation.

What I mean is, just giving a reason why it should be possible, without using spirits and stuff.

When we die, we die. Complete blankness of the consciousness. You know nothing,you feel nothing. You're body is broken down and energy is released back into the universe. A lot of people don't find that comforting, but I do as opposed to living in heaven or hell for all eternity.  

agreed i think that aswell