Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Do You Think Happens After Death?

ThisAccountIsDead

(edited)

There are many suggestions of what happens.

-Rebirth

-The ultimate reward of heaven and the great punishment of hell

-Your soul is stuck in nothingness

-You become one with the lord

-Get stuck in limbo

-Sleep forever

-Your soul get's collected for the reaper's keeping

-Follow the reaper or the angel of death

-Or even split apart just so your soul is in two people [similar to the rebirth]

All of this depends on your religion, beliefs, ideas, thoughts, or what you believe in.

Edited by Arcaneder

For me, it's like saying I know for certain that God does or doesn't exist. You simply can't without any evidence, and unfortunately, the only people that can provide this are dead. I'd like to believe we go to our own personal happy place, or at the very least Heaven, because this is the most comforting thought, but death may very well end in nothingness - a state of not being, like before we were born. Or perhaps reincarnation, being reborn as someone or something else with no memory of who you once were? It's honestly something that could drive you crazy thinking about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish there was some sort of afterlife, I really do, but alas deep down I know it isn't true. The Pagans make it sound like a blast.

When we die that's it, just like anything else. we'll all cease to exist expect others memories of us. No matter who you are, what you have done in your life, we're all the same in the end, a body of a once alive person.

Dying is going to suck major balls.

In the paraphrased words of Buddha,"How should I know?"  I do not know what comes after death and until that time comes, I'm to live on a cruel and beautiful world.  So I'll continue to write out the story of my life.  A story worth more than all the material wealth on this planet to the ones who matter to me.

• Brohoof 1

It's a very odd question to think about, indeed. I'm guessing it's nothingness, but it's just so difficult to wrap your mind around. Right now, I believe that there is nothingness, but it is nothingness that we cannot perceive, so it is literally nothing. There are also some interesting scientific articles about this topic that I suggest you look into. Here's one to start.

http://www.robertlanzabiocentrism.com/is-death-an-illusion-evidence-suggests-death-isnt-the-end/

I think that after we die we go to another dimension that is separated into different area to better suite the our personalities were we can stay until our world needs another soul. Other things are in this dimension too such as animals and other living things. But sometimes some people cant go to this new place because of what happened to them before they died or dont even realize that they are dead. they stay as ghosts in this world and slowly turn into demons until they are forcefully removed.

Then again this is based on a dream where i had a really strange tingally/ floaty feeling and where a saw things that explained other events that i wasnt aware of and shouldnt have been aware of.

weird things happen.  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, I don't know what happens after death, I've never died before.  :yay: 
I believe in heaven and hell, yes. I also do believe that a lot more people go to heaven than we realize, and that going to heaven is a rather scary experience at first  :blink:

I'll just throw in my two cents here.

In all honesty, it's impossible to tell. I like to think that after death will be a personal limbo of sorts, like a dream... I don't really like the idea of spending an eternity after death in an human made concept (talking about heaven and hell here).

I'll admit I've been dangerously curious my whole life, suppose it's just one of the many mysteries we have to experience to figure out. 

• Brohoof 1

• 5 years later...

I don't really believe in anything so I think there probably isn't anything but it's impossible to know.

I think it's best not to worry about what may or may not happen though, I think we should just live and enjoy life the best we can.

• Brohoof 2

On 2015-08-09 at 3:34 AM, Vennax said:

I wish there was some sort of afterlife, I really do, but alas deep down I know it isn't true. The Pagans make it sound like a blast.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind spending eternity in Valhalla :eager:

I believe that when you die you do exactly the same as every other living thing on the planet. Decay for the new life such as plants. Lion King movie did it pretty well in explaining it simply. Circle of Life and what not. I think if there is an afterlife for humans then shouldnt it apply to all living things or do plants and animals and bugs and fish aren't included? If so, im sure heaven would be mostly ants xD or whatever has the lowest lifespan. I always question this topic and if i am to meet an afterlife I hope its a good one when my time comes. ^^

To add on to my thought, Whatever it is, I'm sure it is not heaven or hell. That duality of 'black' and 'white' was always rather naive to me. Gotta be better than that. I honestly don't know for sure, but there has to be something. If not, then all we do is basically pointless.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

My views/theory might seem kinda dark but oh well.

In short there are two sorts of reincarnation.

One is the type that is sequential which is a sort of 'trap' to escape from. Each step is not a ladder of progress like some new agers believe but a state of further entrapment, downfall. However eventually all is freed still. 

The other is returning to a certain state of being ("return to source") and then eventually reincarnating (non sequential) without jumping from one to another as you do in sequential.

I guess buddhism talks about the cyclic sort (escaping from it) and christianity at least some forms have talked about recombining with source. 

Ofc we can't prove anything because nobody has died and told us what it's like to die lol

Edited by flurry

• 3 weeks later...

Heaven or Hell? But I know for sure when I die, I'm going haunt every single person who wronged me. :umad:

29 minutes ago, TBD said:

Heaven or Hell? But I know for sure when I die, I'm going haunt every single person who wronged me. :umad:

Can I join you?  :kirin:

I believe in  reincarnation to a point, but I believe we are born at different times back and forth. 

6 minutes ago, Tao said:

Can I join you?  :kirin:

why yes! Two angry vengeful  souls are better than one! :oh_golly:

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, TBD said:

why yes! Two angry vengeful  souls are better than one! :oh_golly:

TO THE HAUNTING! CHEEERS! :kirin:

• 1 month later...

We'll all be magical transferred to Equestria

Of course I don't know either, but I hope it's the definite end without hell or heaven or whatever. I don't think our mind is not made for an infinite existence (even after death). At least it's what I hope for me. Everyone can hope and wish for what they want.

• Brohoof 2